Wedding Woes

Thursday

Today is going sooo... slowly.  Tomorrow will be even worse.  

I'm tired AF and trying hard to focus on work.  Vacationitis is in full effect.  ;)

Prudie coming up. 

Re: Thursday

• I'd have vacationitis as well, and actually thanks for that word.  I'm going to use that!

H's friend didn't show until 11:30 last night!  I was asleep already, they managed to be quiet throughout the night and when I woke up for my workout at 5:50 they were JUST going to bed. I was very happy I didn't have to interact with him.  I think he wants to stay tonight too but H either has to work tomorrow or do his annual exams to determine if he's still employed for another year.  As his mother figure, I will ban him from doing another all nighter because I'm sure he won't realize how important sleep is for that.

It's raining here and gloomy and matching my mood. 

• Yay Prudie day! Last night was awful. I did not do well on my midterm. I just want my grade back so I know if I’m just going to fail the class. Ugh. I feel so defeated. 

Aurora has her annual vet check up today. Then gym, homework, and we have to film a “creative video” for our other stupid class. It’s a good thing the weekend is coming up because I need some drinks. 

It’s almost vacation time mrsconn! 

• It's officially summer!

DH is helping to pack his parents' moving truck today.   I'm envisioning a somewhat hectic weekend:
    -Tonight: plan is to drive filled moving truck and leave things up here.  Not sure how dinner will work.
    -Tomorrow MIL and FIL close & most likely sleep in a hotel but we're not sure.
    -Saturday DH helps FIL at the new place with carpet shampooing and possibly unloading stuff.
    -Sunday, DH and my dad along with other people help unload the truck. 

In the meantime I'll be entertaining the kiddos, possibly bring my MIL food because she's having oral surgery the same day as the closing (not her choice - only availability Dr. had) and I'm *hoping* to plant. 

Work is ramping up to keep me busy.   All good things but it's a balancing act.

I need to make time for a boardwalk walk and soft serve.

• I have pork marinading for the grill. It's going to rain all day and all night. 

That's a pretty good metaphor for how my week is going. LOL
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • This week is just dragging on!  Come on Friday 5 PM already!

Leviosa - I hope you did better than you expect!

• Where are the links to today's Prudie column and the two live chat transcripts from Monday and Tuesday?  I don't see them on the site. . .

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Where are the links to today's Prudie column and the two live chat transcripts from Monday and Tuesday?  I don't see them on the site. . .
    https://slate.com/human-interest/2018/06/dear-prudence-i-snooped-on-my-boyfriends-phone.html
  • mrsconn23 said:
    Where are the links to today's Prudie column and the two live chat transcripts from Monday and Tuesday?  I don't see them on the site. . .
    https://slate.com/human-interest/2018/06/dear-prudence-i-snooped-on-my-boyfriends-phone.html
    Thank you!

Oh I see. . . they monkeyed around with Slate again, ugh!

They moved Dear Prudence and when you Google search for her the top link is to the old spot on Slate where the column was.

I HATE the new layout and format of Slate now, and I'm annoyed that Double X isn't a thing any more.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited June 2018
    Annoying morning.

I applied online for a job yesterday. The company immediately scheduled an automated assessment phone call with scripted questions, like "How can you help us/our clients," "Tell me about a time you dealt with a problem," "Tell me about an achievement at your last position," etc.

Last night around 10pm, I get a Google invitation to interview with the company at 9am or 9:30am this morning. I confirm the 9:30am time and drive there this morning (30 minute commute). I get there only to have the interviewer ask me "Did you confirm the time? It was supposed to be 2:30pm. I have a meeting right now so I can't meet with you until then." He asks me to come back at 2:30pm.

I haven't heard anything from the other company as yet.

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh.
  • That’s the worst @Jen4948.

Slept in. Had coffee. Went for a run. Took the dog for a walk. Now more shopping. This whole not working thing is exhausting.
  • Happy Summer Solstice Everyone! Daylights savings isn’t a thing here so it is 7:45 and already dark... it still seems strange, like I am still waiting for the days to get longer and they never do.

DH was supposed to go out with friends tonight but I guess it got cancelled. I am kindof bummed because I just wanted to lounge around by myself tonight but I like him so it’s not a total disaster. ;)

We bought a slow feeder bowl for our fat, little dog and it totally works! Normally he inhales his food in about 2 minutes and tonight it took him almost 5. I call that a win.
  • Jen4948 said:
    Annoying morning.

I applied online for a job yesterday. The company immediately scheduled an automated assessment phone call with scripted questions, like "How can you help us/our clients," "Tell me about a time you dealt with a problem," "Tell me about an achievement at your last position," etc.

Last night around 10pm, I get a Google invitation to interview with the company at 9am or 9:30am this morning. I confirm the 9:30am time and drive there this morning (30 minute commute). I get there only to have the interviewer ask me "Did you confirm the time? It was supoosed to be 2:30pm? I have a meeting right now so I can't meet with you until then." He asks me to come back at 2:30pm.

I haven't heard anything from the other company as yet.

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh.
    omg! yes you confirmed it.. you obviously confirmed it for the time you showed up for!  How annoying.  I hope it's worth it for the drive back.  FX.

• Happy Summer Solstice Everyone! Daylights savings isn’t a thing here so it is 7:45 and already dark... it still seems strange, like I am still waiting for the days to get longer and they never do.

DH was supposed to go out with friends tonight but I guess it got cancelled. I am kindof bummed because I just wanted to lounge around by myself tonight but I like him so it’s not a total disaster. ;)

We bought a slow feeder bowl for our fat, little dog and it totally works! Normally he inhales his food in about 2 minutes and tonight it took him almost 5. I call that a win.
    call me crazy, but I like the nights.  I am OK with shorter days.

• I'll go back later and find out, but I resent the email with my confirmation. 

Yes, I'll go back later. But if they refuse to accept responsibility I'm going to tell them I'm not interested in working for them.
  • @CharmedPam I like nights too but growing up it seemed like we were still out playing at 8:30/9 and it was twilight... so it seems weird for the longest day of the year to end at 7:30. 
  • edited June 2018
    Happy Summer Solstice Everyone! Daylights savings isn’t a thing here so it is 7:45 and already dark... it still seems strange, like I am still waiting for the days to get longer and they never do.

Do you live really far north or something?  This seems odd to me too.

Daylight Savings means you "spring forward," so out here in PA we are an hour ahead and twilight doesn't even start until 8pm or later in the summer.  If we didn't do DST that would add even more daylight to our days, because then it wouldn't start getting dark until 9pm or later.

And remember, from here on out we lose about a minute of daylight per day I think, lol.

• I want ALL the daylight, lol.

I had a former coworker who had been in the military and was stationed in (I think) Greenland for a year or two.  He said it was the craziest thing.  The sun would set one day sometime in the winter.  And then didn't rise again for a couple months.  And the days leading up to/right after that would only be a few hours long.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Daylight Savings means you "spring forward," so out here in PA we are an hour ahead and twilight doesn't even start until 8pm or later in the summer.  If we didn't do DST that would add even more daylight to our days, because then it wouldn't start getting dark until 9pm or later.

And remember, from here on out we lose about a minute of daylight per day I think, lol.
    According to the internet, we are at 24* latitude. We just don’t do DST so if you didn’t “spring forward” your twilight would start at 7, same as here. The whole thing kind of makes my head hurt tbh, lol. All I know is that we are in the Northern Hemisphere and when I looked out the window at 7:45 it was dark. (I was looking out to the side of a building so maybe there was more light someplace else but it is a west facing window)
  • kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    Can't believe it is Thursday already. Tomorrow is a pool party with coworkers - it is about 1/3 of the office who work in customer service type roles. I got invited because I sat with this group and they adopted me even though I do a different job. The problem is we reconfigured the office 6-8 weeks ago and now I dont see/talk to these people on a regular basis so part of me feels a little weird going, like will they be surprised if I show up forgetting I was even invited. It is also supposed to rain tomorrow so I might let that guide me. 

I have a feeling attempting to plan this family trip will be a headache. My mom doesn't understand my needs for baby B to have more space, my bro has certain wants for a place for his daughter (which makes sense), and my H doesn't seem to understand you have to compromise when planning with others. This will be fun. 

According to the internet, we are at 24* latitude. We just don’t do DST so if you didn’t “spring forward” your twilight would start at 7, same as here. The whole thing kind of makes my head hurt tbh, lol. All I know is that we are in the Northern Hemisphere and when I looked out the window at 7:45 it was dark. (I was looking out to the side of a building so maybe there was more light someplace else but it is a west facing window)
    Oh yeah, nvm I had it backwards! 

Now that I think about it, I don't think twilight starts until closer to 8:30pm, like you recall from your childhood. . . I'll have to pay more attention.  And like I said, we will lose a minute of daylight from 6/22 until 9/22 if that makes you feel any better :-P

I HATE standard time because that means my fall/winter is spent pretty much in perpetual darkness- so at least you don't have to deal with that!  It sucks to be leaving work and it's getting dark at 4pm ><  And I work in a basement so it could be weeks or months, if the weather is bad, before I ever see any sun in the fall/winter.

I honestly wish we could put the whole country in DST all year round, lol.

• I don’t know why this year is confusing me so much, but I’ve been struggling with how light out it is at night. It hasn’t been getting dark until well past 8, and I don’t feel ready for bed at my goal time of 10 pm. Jack has also been waking us up every night from 2-4 so that could have something to do with it. 

• levioosa said:
    I don’t know why this year is confusing me so much, but I’ve been struggling with how light out it is at night. It hasn’t been getting dark until well past 8, and I don’t feel ready for bed at my goal time of 10 pm. Jack has also been waking us up every night from 2-4 so that could have something to do with it. 

Whenever the time changes for DST, it totally confuses my dog, lol.  According to my H, she'll typically start hanging out by the front door about 30 minutes before I get home from work.  But then, depending on which time change it is, she'll either be too early or too late for a couple weeks until she gets used to (we assume) the right "lighting" for her to know that momma is about to walk through the door, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    Anyone have DirecTV Now? the DirecTV streaming service sort of like Sling TV? 
  • Today is a good day! We finally received our infrared indoor grille so we are making kabobs tonight!

I am starting to notice that most of my posts are about food.

Food makes me happy  :)

LMAO, as I read the first sentence of your post I was thinking, "Wow!  @NBSquared2017 has a lot of cool kitchen toys."

Which I assume is from some great, recent wedding presents ;).

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Today is a good day! We finally received our infrared indoor grille so we are making kabobs tonight!

LMAO, as I read the first sentence of your post I was thinking, "Wow!  @NBSquared2017 has a lot of cool kitchen toys."

@short+sassy - so many new gadgets!! It's a blessing as we spend more time cooking at home rather than eating out all the time. Saves soo much money!

@short+sassy - so many new gadgets!! It's a blessing as we spend more time cooking at home rather than eating out all the time. Saves soo much money!

Do you have an air fryer?  If not, I really recommend them.  You use little to no oil to fry the foods, but they come out just as crispy.

We've only had ours for about 6 months.  And my H was remarking the other day that he "doesn't understand how he had ever lived without one", lol.

The down side is that, even most of the larger ones, don't have enough room to cook something for an entire family.  But it's perfect for just me and my H. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Do you have an air fryer?  If not, I really recommend them.  You use little to no oil to fry the foods, but they come out just as crispy.

We've only had ours for about 6 months.  And my H was remarking the other day that he "doesn't understand how he had ever lived without one", lol.

The down side is that, even most of the larger ones, don't have enough room to cook something for an entire family.  But it's perfect for just me and my H. 

We do not - although, I do want one. We have a traditional deep fryer that I got H for Valentine's Day and we put it to good use. I've heard that you can't tell the difference between food prepared in the deep fryer vs. the air fryer.

Is that accurate?
  • On the topic of summer solstice... for weeks now DH and I have been going to bed when it's still light out. No shame whatsoever. 

I love the long days but will be happy when it stops getting light at 5am. My baby seems very in-tune with the sun and when that early light shines through her door... she's up. Yawn! 

• Shopping is not as fun as it sounds. Trying on clothes sucks. 

Also I reported someone who left their dog in a car. It was nearly 80 degrees and sunny today. Open the effing windows! Or better yet give me the dog because you clearly can’t take care of him.