Chit Chat
Options

Simple Ballgown beach wedding dress?

Does or did anyone have one? I would love to see pics. At first I was thinking that I wanted something super simple. But now thinking about it I want to kinda look like a princess. Lol i want that "wow"factor. But we are getting married on a beach bar and everything else is pretty simple. FH will prolly be in nice pants,button up and a tie. Would a ballgown look weird? Pictures would be awesome.

Re: Simple Ballgown beach wedding dress?

• Options
    Go pick out the dress YOU are going to look and feel "WOW!" in that you'd say to yourself "I'd marry me wearing this!"!  Obviously, you want to take in consideration the setting when you make your choice/have alterations done, but there are so many options out there that will work, you just have to go try some on..   

You're the BRIDE - What would look weird is if you were wearing jeans and a t-shirt (not that there would be anything wrong with that! - js)...  You want to look like a princess on your wedding day, so, look like a princess!
  • Options
    Your dress is the one thing you have absolute control over. If you want to wear a ballgown at your beach wedding, go for it. Buy a dress that you love. It would be a good idea to have an aisle runner, to reduce the amount of sand in your dress. I think the tea length dress that  you picked is a good choice, too.

• Options
    Ball gown indicates a silhouette. For a beach wedding, I'd lean towards a fluffly tulle skirt over something heavy and covered in lace and beads. 

Just do a Google image search of "beach wedding ball gown" and you'll see lots of ideas along this line. 

• Options
    Ball gown indicates a silhouette. For a beach wedding, I'd lean towards a fluffly tulle skirt over something heavy and covered in lace and beads. 

Just do a Google image search of "beach wedding ball gown" and you'll see lots of ideas along this line. 
    This. I think something "heavy" or more formal looking could possibly look a little out of place and may be a bit uncomfortable but that shaped gown in a lighter, fluffer fabric would be nice.

Personally, I wouldn't choose a long gown to wear on the beach but if you'd be comfortable with it then go for it! :):smile:
  • Options
    ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Ditto PP that you should wear whatever dress makes you happiest.  I wouldn’t worry about a certain style looking weird or “not matching” if it makes you feel great.
    I know this isn’t your scenario, but for lurkers, the only time I’d side-eye a bride’s dress choice would be if she was in a $9,000 dress but there was a paltry cocktail hour spread, or a cash bar, etc. I’d feel like the priorities were off.  But I’d be fine with what you’re proposing.
  • Options
    What about this?

• Options
    I think that's a beautiful dress and would be fine for a beach wedding.  it has detail but doesn't seem too heavy. Of course, you won't know that until you try it on!
  • Options

I like it!  Very pretty dress.  I especially like the off-the-shoulder short lace sleeves.  I think it would look just fine for a beach wedding.

Though, for any full length gown, if you are going to get it hemmed anyway, you might want to hem it 1-3" higher than you normally would to have a little more ground clearance from the sand.  I'm picturing enough so the tips of the model's shoes could be seen.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Ro041Ro041 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its

This Google search did not disappoint :)