Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Wedding rock sounds?

me and my fiancé listen to mostly metal music. I get we can’t play that at are wedding we do like other stuff but we still want it to feel like us. We like 90s grunge early 2000 rock etc. we listen to lithium, turbo, octane on Sirius Xm. I have no idea what type of music would be a good first dance song or walking down the isle any suggestions. 

Re: Wedding rock sounds?

• me and my fiancé listen to mostly metal music. I get we can’t play that at are wedding we do like other stuff but we still want it to feel like us. We like 90s grunge early 2000 rock etc. we listen to lithium, turbo, octane on Sirius Xm. I have no idea what type of music would be a good first dance song or walking down the isle any suggestions. 
    Are you having a DJ or doing it yourself? If your having a DJ, I would talk to them about incorporating your tastes into the night. As far as precessional is concerned, can you find an instrumental version of a favorite song? I used a karaoke version of my song because it was the only one I could find with out lyrics.
  • What about A Perfect Circle cover Imagine? Staind Epiphany? Pantera Planet Caravan? Metallica has a lot of really pretty instrumentals. Pull the words from any song and there ya go: Nothing else matters, One, The unforgiven. If you really want to get creepy with it Ki Theory Stand by Me. Disturbed The sound of silence. Simple Man anyone’s cover of that or the original one for the first dance. Deftones and Tool have beautiful songs. Manson covers are good until you get to instrumentals then maybe not wedding appropriate. Type O Negative Love you to death, but depends on your guests. Anyhoo, I would recommend a soft instrumental for processional and then something old for the first dance. All other music would need to cater to guests’ taste. 
  • We did find a dj that was getting what we want to do but I got the list of special stuff they needed walk down the isle etc and panicked 
  • We did find a dj that was getting what we want to do but I got the list of special stuff they needed walk down the isle etc and panicked 
    Feel free to ask them for recommendations if you get really stuck. I didn’t have a song for the recessional and just told the DJ something happy and fun. I don’t remember what it was but I k ow there was music, lol.
  • Also, go find them music from Westworld. There are a bunch of slowed down instrumental versions of 90's grunge. I liked the versions of Heart Shaped Box and Black Hole Sun, but I remember there be several others that were pretty cool. 
  • Oh that’s a good idea I did notice that when I was watching it.
  • And as proof and inspiration that anything will work for your first dance song (you both have to like it, and be able to dance to it - but - your DJ can easily shorten to 2 - 3 mins total)  Check this out, and then think about what song and what artist YOU like!  :-)  https://www.upvenue.com/article/1658-top-20-rock-first-dance-wedding-songs.html
  • I[Deleted User] said:
    What about A Perfect Circle cover Imagine? Staind Epiphany? Pantera Planet Caravan? Metallica has a lot of really pretty instrumentals. Pull the words from any song and there ya go: Nothing else matters, One, The unforgiven. If you really want to get creepy with it Ki Theory Stand by Me. Disturbed The sound of silence. Simple Man anyone’s cover of that or the original one for the first dance. Deftones and Tool have beautiful songs. Manson covers are good until you get to instrumentals then maybe not wedding appropriate. Type O Negative Love you to death, but depends on your guests. Anyhoo, I would recommend a soft instrumental for processional and then something old for the first dance. All other music would need to cater to guests’ taste. 
    These are amazing suggestions! Metallica Orion is a beautiful instrumental that could be played during meal time. Also My Immortal by Evanescence could be a really nice dance song, ditto All I Need by Radiohead - not metal, but metalhead-friendly chill music. lol. 

Last but not least, Trent Reznor wrote some beautiful piano scores for the movie Mid 90s that would be perfect for a wedding! 

I’m a huge Type O Negative fan and am shocked to see them mentioned on the knot lol - Love You To Death is awesome but pretty sexual lyrically, (“the beast inside of me is gonna get ya” lol) so I agree it would depend on the crowd.