Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Prevent Breakouts

Hey everyone! I hope planning is going good! I just had a quick question for you all! My skin is generally zit-free but occasionally (around that time of the month) I breakout. I was wondering if you guys use any product on a daily basis to prevent breakouts? Thanks guys!

Re: Prevent Breakouts

• Hey everyone! I hope planning is going good! I just had a quick question for you all! My skin is generally zit-free but occasionally (around that time of the month) I breakout. I was wondering if you guys use any product on a daily basis to prevent breakouts? Thanks guys!
    I've found that watching my diet has more to do with it than anything else. Making sure I'm staying away from things that cause breakouts for me (dairy and sugars) makes the biggest difference (as does not staying away from them). Making sure I keep cravings in check and eating right can be a huge factor. 
  • Do not touch your face is a starting point, but from listening to dermatology shows on the radio, the #1 go-to they recommend often is peroxide to spot-treat.  

Image result for my big fat greek wedding meme windex
  • Thank you so much guys! I will make sure I watch my diet and not touch my face foo much!
  • Also, change your pillowcase often, especially if you're a stomach or side sleeper. I have pretty bad acne and I use a clean pillowcase one night, flip the pillow the next and then change it again the day after. I can literally tell what side of my face I sleep on if I don't (which is really kind of gross, LOL). 

But really, everyone's skin is different and reacts differently. I also have a clarisonic face brush and I adore it. It's really helped reduce breakouts and heal them faster. Some people hate them. Some people love proactiv, I did not. 

Aveeno makes an acne line that is pretty gentle and not too drying. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • I have a prescription for clindamycin gel. If you’re really worried you can talk to your doctor (whether primary care or dermatologist) and they might also be able to prescribe something. The other suggestions are good. Make to wash your face after the gym or exercise as well. 

• I don't do anything to prevent, but I use tea tree oil if I do have a blemish. Gets rid of it pretty quickly.