Wedding Woes

Monday! A-freaking-gain.

Today is one of those days that I should have just stayed in bed. I spilled the dog’s water all over the kitchen, the garage door came off the track when I went to open it and I may have broken it more when I opened and closed it manually, I completely cut a guy off this morning in traffic that I didn’t even see, I spilled my coffee all over the counter at work. Every coworker is just making me stabby. I need a nap.

BUT – I had a great weekend! Party on Saturday was fun. And, probably the biggest thing of my adult life. I. wore. shorts. In public. The treetrunks made their public debut yesterday. I know this sounds like such a small thing but for me, it’s huge. I nearly cried.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever

Re: Monday! A-freaking-gain.

• @shessocold, I hate the start of those days!  I'm sure you looked great in those shorts!

I hate that our next scheduled long weekend is 9 weeks away!  Why can't we be like Canada and throw in an August long somewhere?  Preferably August. 

Weekend was great.  Took off work at 3:30, made it to Chicago at 4:30, checked into The Congress Plaza Hotel, ate a scrumptious dinner, then did a ghost tour (which is more ghost/serial killer one but still held my interest), then back to the Congress to investigate the ghosties.  Only thing is, from it being a work day, and having just finished a 2.5 hour walk around the city (and of course just being old in general) - both H and i fell asleep on the bed and slept through the whole night.  Must have been like 10 or 10:30.....some ghost hunters we are!  We did get up and take a look around the 4th and 12th floor during the day, but we really should have done that at night.  Nothing happened.  My H said I got scratched on my neck, but I wouldn't classify it as paranormal activity, I have sensitive skin and who knows when that happened.  We checked out at noon, and a great lunch and then back in our area at 3 to watch Ant man.

Oh, we passed kilwins (chocolate shop) on the way back from lunch and I impulsed bought some sugar free candy there - I thought it would be phenomenal based on the price i paid.  Nope.  I could have gotten triple the amount at half the price at Macy's gourmet candy shop.  JUST as good. Lesson learned.

a quick blurb on congress hotel (we stayed in 432 which is actually the  other side of the hotel, but next time....next time we need to get 441 which was a double room and why I didn't get it for just H and I.  Apparently, it's by request only?):

• 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

Also this sort of thing annoys me (maybe I'm just cranky).  I posted to a local facebook group:

"Any recommendations for a good hike, 3-5 miles moderate to hard, within 20-30 minutes."

I have now had

-6 people comment following (Dude, click the thing to turn on notifications.
    - 3 people recommend the county park system.  They are nice parks, but my kids think those hikes are cake and unless you walk in circles you'll never get 3-5 miles.

- 2 people recommend stroller safe hikes.  If it's stroller safe it's not moderate to hard

- 4 people recommend the state park that's over an hour away.

I just want to go for a hike with my husband Saturday someplace close!!

• I've heard 441 has a really long wait list. But sounds like a fun weekend!! I don't do enough "stuff" downtown. I feel like I've lived in the suburbs forever and haven't done any of the touristy stuff people should do in Chicago. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • I've heard 441 has a really long wait list. But sounds like a fun weekend!! I don't do enough "stuff" downtown. I feel like I've lived in the suburbs forever and haven't done any of the touristy stuff people should do in Chicago. 
    well now, this makes me feel better since we only made the decision to go last week and probably wouldn't have gotten in 441 anyway.  The price was great.  $119/night.  I want to go back with a group of friends from NY that do ghost hunting since it's a double and maybe we can get four of us in there. H and I were SERIOUSLY tourist in our own city.  Like, camera around our neck and all! I would recommend a quick getaway to the city.  The restaurants are so great.  We fell in love with "hot wok cool sushi" on Michigan. 

• 6fsn said:

Also this sort of thing annoys me (maybe I'm just cranky).  I posted to a local facebook group:

"Any recommendations for a good hike, 3-5 miles moderate to hard, within 20-30 minutes."

I have now had

- 3 people recommend the county park system.  They are nice parks, but my kids think those hikes are cake and unless you walk in circles you'll never get 3-5 miles.

- 2 people recommend stroller safe hikes.  If it's stroller safe it's not moderate to hard

Alltrails is a really cool app with (duh) trails and a lot of reviews and pictures and stuff. It's helped me plan vacations and find some interesting (as interesting as suburban Chicago gets) walks. 
  • @ShesSoCold, I'm glad you had so much fun over the weekend.  You are bad-ass and I'm sure you rocked those shorts!

I took some vacation days to make it a 5-dayer.  That part was AWESOME.

Unfortunately, my happiness with the super long weekend was a bit tempered with multiple disappointments.

Still no pick-up truck.  What is wrong with Craig's List people?  We sent out so many replies to people selling trucks.  Listings that were active.  Listings that were just posted.  No replies back.  At all.  Except for one scammer, lol.

We saw one really good potential that was at a small, used car dealership.  I mentioned on Fri. we were going.  We made it out there.  It turned out to be one crazy story.  Our friend gave us a ride because it was over 30 minutes away.  I'd spoken to the guy at the dealership multiple times about the car, to ensure we wouldn't be wasting our time.  He assured me the car was still available and working great, except it needed a tune-up.  He even welcomed me to have it checked out by a mechanic, if I liked it, and they'd pay for the tune-up at the same place.

My H and his friend thoroughly checked over the truck.  Then my H and I hopped in for a test drive.  Seemed to be fine.  I was all ready to buy the truck, pending an okay from a local mechanic.  I'd even already tentatively set up that appointment in anticipation.  I brought it back from the test drive and told them all that.  I assumed they would take it to the mechanic I'd chosen, but they told me to drive it over there and have the mechanic call them, for them to pay for the tune-up.  Cool beans, so far.

We drive the pick-up to the freeway on ramp, with our friend following us.  I push down the gas to start to accelerate.  Nothing happens.  I push the gas pedal all the way to the ground.  Nothing.  It won't accelerate at all.  I quickly pull over to the side of the road and put my flashers on.  Luckily, our friend saw what was happening soon enough and was able to pull in behind us.

Friend drives us back to the dealership.  I give them the keys back, tell them where the truck is, and that it broke down on the way to the mechanic.  The guy THEN tells me something like, "Oh yeah, the previous owner mentioned the car sometimes has trouble accelerating when the a/c is on.  But a tune-up will fix that."  Excuse me?!?!  No.  Hell, no.  That is a MAJOR problem with the car.  Not a "tune-up".  You f**king, lying a$$hole!!!!  So, now you just wasted 3 hours of my time.  My H's time.  And our friend's time.  I am just incredibly grateful this happened before I bought the car.  Though now I'm even more paranoid than I already was about buying a used truck (sigh).

--------------------------------------------

Then, I had a Purchase Agreement out for a duplex that was a great deal.  I'd even offered the asking price, so it seemed like a sure thing.  We were excited about FINALLY adding another property to our portfolio.  Then I got an e-mail response from my agent really late the same night as the truck fiasco.  The seller had rejected my offer with no counter.  They had it priced below comps (though, not that much below) in order to get multiple bids.  They already had bids in that were higher than mine.  But were waiting until after their Sun. open house to even consider any of the other higher bids.  Awesome.  Some other jerk wasting a bunch of people's time, including mine.

I've heard of that strategy on HGTV.  But it's not usually done in this area.  First time I've encountered it.

Circling back to the bright side.  It's my H's birthday today and we're going out for a nice dinner tonight at a nearby restaurant.  Close enough we can even walk there.  Which is especially handy at the present time, lol. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    @shessocold is officially more helpful than the local people.  Thanks.
  • @ShesSoCold, I'm glad you had so much fun over the weekend.  You are bad-ass and I'm sure you rocked those shorts!

I took some vacation days to make it a 5-dayer.  That part was AWESOME.

Unfortunately, my happiness with the super long weekend was a bit tempered with multiple disappointments.

Still no pick-up truck.  What is wrong with Craig's List people?  We sent out so many replies to people selling trucks.  Listings that were active.  Listings that were just posted.  No replies back.  At all.  Except for one scammer, lol.

We saw one really good potential that was at a small, used car dealership.  I mentioned on Fri. we were going.  We made it out there.  It turned out to be one crazy story.  Our friend gave us a ride because it was over 30 minutes away.  I'd spoken to the guy at the dealership multiple times about the car, to ensure we wouldn't be wasting our time.  He assured me the car was still available and working great, except it needed a tune-up.  He even welcomed me to have it checked out by a mechanic, if I liked it, and they'd pay for the tune-up at the same place.

My H and his friend thoroughly checked over the truck.  Then my H and I hopped in for a test drive.  Seemed to be fine.  I was all ready to buy the truck, pending an okay from a local mechanic.  I'd even already tentatively set up that appointment in anticipation.  I brought it back from the test drive and told them all that.  I assumed they would take it to the mechanic I'd chosen, but they told me to drive it over there and have the mechanic call them, for them to pay for the tune-up.  Cool beans, so far.

We drive the pick-up to the freeway on ramp, with our friend following us.  I push down the gas to start to accelerate.  Nothing happens.  I push the gas pedal all the way to the ground.  Nothing.  It won't accelerate at all.  I quickly pull over to the side of the road and put my flashers on.  Luckily, our friend saw what was happening soon enough and was able to pull in behind us.

Friend drives us back to the dealership.  I give them the keys back, tell them where the truck is, and that it broke down on the way to the mechanic.  The guy THEN tells me something like, "Oh yeah, the previous owner mentioned the car sometimes has trouble accelerating when the a/c is on.  But a tune-up will fix that."  Excuse me?!?!  No.  Hell, no.  That is a MAJOR problem with the car.  Not a "tune-up".  You f**king, lying a$$hole!!!!  So, now you just wasted 3 hours of my time.  My H's time.  And our friend's time.  I am just incredibly grateful this happened before I bought the car.  Though now I'm even more paranoid than I already was about buying a used truck (sigh).

Then, I had a Purchase Agreement out for a duplex that was a great deal.  I'd even offered the asking price, so it seemed like a sure thing.  We were excited about FINALLY adding another property to our portfolio.  Then I got an e-mail response from my agent really late the same night as the truck fiasco.  The seller had rejected my offer with no counter.  They had it priced below comps (though, not that much below) in order to get multiple bids.  They already had bids in that were higher than mine.  But were waiting until after their Sun. open house to even consider any of the other higher bids.  Awesome.  Some other jerk wasting a bunch of people's time, including mine.

I've heard of that strategy on HGTV.  But it's not usually done in this area.  First time I've encountered it.

Circling back to the bright side.  It's my H's birthday today and we're going out for a nice dinner tonight at a nearby restaurant.  Close enough we can even walk there.  Which is especially handy at the present time, lol. 

also, why not have them have it tuned up before they sell it?  I mean they're going to pay for it anyway.....sure way to tell if that's the issue.  Which it's not.

Preach it!  I grew up in So. CA. and lived there until I was 22.  I have a long list of stuff that millions of tourists have done and I never bothered with, lol.

Been living in NOLA for 20 years.  A few "tourist things to do" that I haven't done yet.  I've hit about half of the legendary restaurants and bars.  And those are just the extra famous ones that have been around for decades.  There is an even longer list of "must try" ones that are more recent places.  "Recent" being a relative term, lol. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I was also going to suggest AllTrails! And yelp sometimes has trails too. 

This weekend we apparently moved to hell. Friday was 120 out. Saturday was 116. Yesterday finally, mercifully, was only 105. Poor FI is so distressed. A ton of our plants (his pride and joy) died. The top of our redwood is dead. Our wisteria and maple are almost completely dead. Even the eucalyptus silver dollar tree struggled, and that’s one of the plants we have that’s made for the heat. I keep telling him it’s going to be okay and most of them will recover, well, as long as it stays in the normal 100 degree and less range, but he doesn’t believe it. Poor guy. He’s so stressed about watering them this weekend he’s talking about coming home from our trip early. I’m like nope. 

We went to my cousin’s graduation BBQ down in PV on Saturday where it was also 95 degrees. That’s huge for them. It’s always like 78 and breezy and beautiful. Sunday we just lounged around. Our air has been running non-stop and I’m worried for the bill. Otherwise I have Clinic today and maybe the gym. 

• NBSquared2017NBSquared2017 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2018
    We were on patios all weekend! It was beautiful out. 

I'm dragging today as we stayed up watching 90 Day Fiance.

Those people are trainwrecks, I tell ya.
  • I think I should be more tired than I am.   We didn't get home until after 11 last night.

We had the graduation party for my cousin's son last night which was a lot of fun.   They got a pizza truck which had a wood fired brick oven making tons of delicious pizza.   It was fantastic.   And I got to see family which was good too.

I-95 traffic though?   Oh, you can you eff yourself.  We got stuck on the way there in the mass exodus from the Cape, RI and CT beach with all the NYers and New Jersey peeps clogging the highway.   Then by some sheer stroke of genius, they decided to do roadwork in New Haven starting at 10 PM which STOPPED THE HIGHWAY.  It's no picnic to drive on that stretch on a good day but really - REALLY?   That takes a quality amount of not giving a fuck for the people on a holiday weekend to do that.   

• Friend drives us back to the dealership.  I give them the keys back, tell them where the truck is, and that it broke down on the way to the mechanic.  The guy THEN tells me something like, "Oh yeah, the previous owner mentioned the car sometimes has trouble accelerating when the a/c is on.  But a tune-up will fix that."  Excuse me?!?!  No.  Hell, no.  That is a MAJOR problem with the car.  Not a "tune-up".  You f**king, lying a$$hole!!!!  So, now you just wasted 3 hours of my time.  My H's time.  And our friend's time.  I am just incredibly grateful this happened before I bought the car.  Though now I'm even more paranoid than I already was about buying a used truck (sigh).

also, why not have them have it tuned up before they sell it?  I mean they're going to pay for it anyway.....sure way to tell if that's the issue.  Which it's not.

He said they usually bring all their newly acquired vehicles for tune-ups and/or fix problems on Wednesdays.  But, since Wed. was a holiday, it hadn't been over there yet.  But then, they were advertising it on CL anyway.  Soooo, yeeeaahh.

I am Completely.Addicted.To.90-Day.Fiance.  All of its versions.  I changed out my cable box a few months ago and lost all my shows set up to record on DVR.

I saw that Season 3 of Happily Ever After had started a few weeks ago.  I taped last night's episode and set it back up to tape the series, but wanted to watch the previous episodes first, so I headed over to TLC and watched the 1st episode from there.  So don't say anything yet, lol!

I will catch up over the next couple days.  I'm always a little disturbed at the high level of excitement I have when a new season is starting.  What does that say about me, lol? 

There are a few of us on here that like 90-Day Fiance.  Last year, we had a continually running post where we would gossip about the episodes, lol.

Long before the 90-Day Fiance shows, I had a friend who started going through this process.  Once with one woman in Laos, whom he met online.  And then a second time with that woman's friend, who he met when he was visiting the first woman, after the first one broke up with him.  If you think that sounds like a real life trainwreck, it was!  Unfortunately, our friendship was starting to fade because of distance and we lost touch before he went back over to Laos to visit Woman #2.  I've always wondered if he ever found Mrs. Right. 

FYI, one of the requirements of the K-1 Visa is the American has to visit the person in their home country for at least 3 weeks.  I think that has to happen before the application.  It doesn't have to be 3 weeks all at one time, but it can be.  Which is the option my friend chose.  Because Laos and Tennessee are really far away from each other, lol.  It is a lot of travel time and beau-coup bucks for the flight. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    90 day Fiance records like 3 episodes everytime there is a new one and it drives me crazy bc then I have to look and figure out which is actually the new, normal version.

S+S I think it was over on Chit Chat wasn't it? Maybe we need a new 90 day Fiance thread here. 
  • Weekend was fantastic! Friday we did Happy Hour with Hs work friends, Saturday I got out for a run before it was too hot then H and I met up w/ friends at a good fest then went to a local brewery. Sunday we went kayaking and did some stuff around the house. 

We did sit-on-top kayaks and I loved it! So much better than regular ones. 
  • kvruns said:
    90 day Fiance records like 3 episodes everytime there is a new one and it drives me crazy bc then I have to look and figure out which is actually the new, normal version.

S+S I think it was over on Chit Chat wasn't it? Maybe we need a new 90 day Fiance thread here. 

I remember it being on this one, but I could be wrong.  There is a lot more activity on this board than Chit Chat, nowadays.

I'll start a new one here.  But I'll need to be strong and resist temptation to look at the responses until after I've gotten caught up on the episodes, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Friend drives us back to the dealership.  I give them the keys back, tell them where the truck is, and that it broke down on the way to the mechanic.  The guy THEN tells me something like, "Oh yeah, the previous owner mentioned the car sometimes has trouble accelerating when the a/c is on.  But a tune-up will fix that."  Excuse me?!?!  No.  Hell, no.  That is a MAJOR problem with the car.  Not a "tune-up".  You f**king, lying a$$hole!!!!  So, now you just wasted 3 hours of my time.  My H's time.  And our friend's time.  I am just incredibly grateful this happened before I bought the car.  Though now I'm even more paranoid than I already was about buying a used truck (sigh).

He said they usually bring all their newly acquired vehicles for tune-ups and/or fix problems on Wednesdays.  But, since Wed. was a holiday, it hadn't been over there yet.  But then, they were advertising it on CL anyway.  Soooo, yeeeaahh.

I am Completely.Addicted.To.90-Day.Fiance.  All of its versions.  I changed out my cable box a few months ago and lost all my shows set up to record on DVR.

I saw that Season 3 of Happily Ever After had started a few weeks ago.  I taped last night's episode and set it back up to tape the series, but wanted to watch the previous episodes first, so I headed over to TLC and watched the 1st episode from there.  So don't say anything yet, lol!

I will catch up over the next couple days.  I'm always a little disturbed at the high level of excitement I have when a new season is starting.  What does that say about me, lol? 

There are a few of us on here that like 90-Day Fiance.  Last year, we had a continually running post where we would gossip about the episodes, lol.

Long before the 90-Day Fiance shows, I had a friend who started going through this process.  Once with one woman in Laos, whom he met online.  And then a second time with that woman's friend, who he met when he was visiting the first woman, after the first one broke up with him.  If you think that sounds like a real life trainwreck, it was!  Unfortunately, our friendship was starting to fade because of distance and we lost touch before he went back over to Laos to visit Woman #2.  I've always wondered if he ever found Mrs. Right. 

FYI, one of the requirements of the K-1 Visa is the American has to visit the person in their home country for at least 3 weeks.  I think that has to happen before the application.  It doesn't have to be 3 weeks all at one time, but it can be.  Which is the option my friend chose.  Because Laos and Tennessee are really far away from each other, lol.  It is a lot of travel time and beau-coup bucks for the flight. 

@short+sassy we started watching full-time last season (the one with Paul + Karine) and have been invested ever since. I think that most people have good intentions, however, this season seems to be particularly messy. 

I need you to catch up, it's cray!
    We live in a northside neighborhood and work downtown, so I've definitely done the touristy stuff and really enjoy it. But, my kid is nearly a year old and she's only been downtown for doctor appointments. On Friday I took her downtown with the goal of going to Maggie Daley park and stuff, but long story short things didn't go exactly to plan. However! I strolled her by the Bean and took a selfie with her and she couldn't have cared less, haha. I like to joke that I'm raising a snob, because if Chicago architecture can't impress then what will? LOL. 

• edited July 2018
    Does anyone watch Married at First Sight? That's my FAVORITE and the new season starts tomorrow. I'm so excited.

ETA - @thisismynickname2 I've never been to the bean. Hell, I've never even been up the Sears tower. We do keep saying we should just spend a weekend there and pretend we don't live here. LOL. Maybe someday!
  • Sounds like almost everyone had a good weekend!  (sorry S&S)

@6fsn - another/additional idea for your mom might be a long handled grabber.  My husband found that to be really helpful after his knee surgery.
  • My parents are back to chewing me up. But they helped me so it hurts less this week.

Unfortunately, dealing with bad, pushy recruiters today, including ones who keep trying to get me to take jobs that pay thousands of dollars less than I was making.
  • Jen4948 said:
    My parents are back to chewing me up. But they helped me so it hurts less this week.

Unfortunately, dealing with bad, pushy recruiters today, including ones who keep trying to get me to take jobs that pay thousands of dollars less than I was making.

STUCK 

Sounds like you're not open to these jobs? Why not as a temporary thing until you can find something better?

To each his own, but to me, needing financial help would be the point where I'd take whatever I could get.
  • Oh, I am. It's just really frustrating and makes me feel taken advantage of by companies trying to use me as a corner they can cut.

• Jen4948 said:
    Oh, I am. It's just really frustrating and makes me feel taken advantage of by companies trying to use me as a corner they can cut.

Yeah, I understand. That sucks, I'm sorry. 

Maybe they'll see how valuable you are once you're in the position. I started my current job making less than the other account managers since my experience was in a different type of insurance. I've received two raises in a year because of my work ethic and willingness to learn. 

Sending you good vibes!!
  • Weekend was good for us too.  We had H's dinner at Max Brenner's Saturday night.  Somehow we left with the bill under $100 and H even had an alcoholic drink!  Then we headed over to the Chinese Lantern Festival.  H was surprised by it and really enjoyed it!  It would have been better to see in the complete dark, but we had DD with us, so we couldn't be out too late.

Sunday was dinner with the ILs to Rodizio.  Which was generally ok.  DD started fussing like a mad woman once she was finished eating.  Thankfully SIL was done eating, so she took DD for a walk, so H & I could finish eating in peace.  We ended up leaving early since she was such a pill.  We then went over to Target to grab a few things.  We let DD walk around a little bit once we got home, then it was her bedtime.  We are starting a 7:30 bedtime, since she is only really taking 1 nap per day now, but still gets fussy at the end of the day.  So we will see!

The worst part of our weekend was super early Saturday morning.  Just around 4 AM.  Our fire alarm chirps 3 times.  Startled H and I wide awake.  H walks around and everything is fine.  The alarm was one of those new 10 year lithium ion battery ones - so it wasn't the battery.  Thankfully DD didn't wake.  So we get back into bed and just as we are drifting off, it goes off again - more chirps this time.  We jumped back out of bed and H and I both check all over the house.  Feeling walls to make sure its nothing electrical because everything looks fine.  I start googling because we didn't know if we should call the fire dept after two separate beeping events.  But one thing said that dust can cause false alarms.  So we clean it with a rag and compressed air.  We were up for almost an hour this time.  We get back to bed and its quiet, we fall back to sleep.  It went off again at 6:30.  This time it woke up DD.  So I just stay up with her.  I take the alarm down (again we checked the house and nothing!) and put it in a sealed bag.  H goes back to sleep and I go downstairs with DD and put her channel on.  I'm in and out sleeping on the couch.  Usually be woken up by a bonk on the head by DD.  Or she was handing me something she shouldn't have, etc.  It was a terrible morning!  Thankfully H was feeling well rested by the time he got up.  I was feeling ok, but not looking forward to our evening out.  So when DD went for her nap, so did I!  But after lots of reading, we found the model of fire alarm we had was prone to false alarms after a year or 2, which is exactly how old ours is.  While H was doing his research, he took it out of the bag and had it sitting on a table next to him, it went off again!  We already have a new alarm up and nothing has beeped.  But it was a really scary thing to have happen, especially since there was a house fire a few months back that started at 4 AM ish.

• kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    @thisismynickname2 I love Maggie Daley park! 
  • Jen4948 said:
    Oh, I am. It's just really frustrating and makes me feel taken advantage of by companies trying to use me as a corner they can cut.

Yeah, I understand. That sucks, I'm sorry. 

Maybe they'll see how valuable you are once you're in the position. I started my current job making less than the other account managers since my experience was in a different type of insurance. I've received two raises in a year because of my work ethic and willingness to learn. 

Sending you good vibes!!
    Thanks!
  • 6fsn said:

I have now had

Alltrails is a really cool app with (duh) trails and a lot of reviews and pictures and stuff. It's helped me plan vacations and find some interesting (as interesting as suburban Chicago gets) walks. 
    DH uses alltrails.  He loves it. 
  • mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited July 2018
    I'm here.  Tired AF.  We were OOT this weekend and it was fun, but I wish I could have enjoyed it more.  I slept like shit and there's something out at the farm that kicked up my allergies really bad.   I took meds when we got home and feel better today.  I also have a scratch on my face and it hurts.  

DH's good friend is in town from CA and staying at our house.  His son just graduated HS and is staying here for college.  His friend is a lot to take, even when he's trying his best to not be so...him.  He hasn't stayed with us in 7-8 years.  I wish he would have come earlier this summer, as we thought he was going to because I feel like getting back to 'normal' is never going to happen at this point.   

I plan on limping it out until Friday, hopefully without losing my mind, and then doing as little as possible this coming weekend.  I am going to Evanescence and Lindsay Stirling on Thursday.  My friend invited me to Macklemore and Ke$ha next Thursday.  I keep getting invited to concerts when people's dates/friends back out.  It's hard to say no to 'free' concert tix, ha.