Which Entrance Song? 9 votes

Let's get it started- Black Eyed Peas
33% 3 votes
Party Rock Anthem- LMFAO
66% 6 votes

Re: Which Entrance Song?

• MRDCleMRDCle member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    How many decisions have you made on your own in your life, OP?
    Couldn't even decide on a username.
  • You haven't lived til you see a grandma dancing and mouthing the words, "I'm running through these hoes like Drano!" 
  • Personally I'd go with something a little more recent like Justin Timberlake's "Can't Stop the Feeling." 

• If I had to do it all over I'd consider something older like "Hooked on a Feelin'" or DMB's "Two Step". 
  • ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I’d have to watch my wedding video to know what song H and I went with  :#
    I voted for the Black Eyed Peas bc I prefer it out of the two songs you listed, but I was at a wedding last year where the BP and couple entered to “How you like me now” (not sure of the artist or if that’s even the song title but that song from Horrible Bosses)...the band was awesome and it stood out as a fun entrance song.
  • Can I pick neither? 
  • Best wedding entrance song I've seen was to Weird Al's "White and Nerdy".  On their first date, they were in his car and that song came on. She reached over and turned up the volume singing, so it became their song.  (He's a programmer, she's a librarian).  

Other than that wedding, I have no idea what songs couples used for their entrance.  
  • Best wedding entrance song I've seen was to Weird Al's "White and Nerdy".  On their first date, they were in his car and that song came on. She reached over and turned up the volume singing, so it became their song.  (He's a programmer, she's a librarian).  

Other than that wedding, I have no idea what songs couples used for their entrance.  
    Haha!!  I don't even know what our entrance wedding song was.  We had a Hawaiian guitarist playing, part of the package, and I just said no Pachabel's Canon or Here comes the Bride.  I don't even know if he even played anything actually, though I'm sure he did

• What about the cha cha slide?
  • NBSquared2017NBSquared2017 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2018
    Ro041 said:
    "It's a super fun vibe."......yeah, most entrances are that.  No one is going for the "funeral for a beloved dead cat" vibe.

Sigh.  I guess I would have to go with the Black Eyed Peas song but only because the stories about the two dudes from LMFAO creep me out. 

(Btw, our entrance song was 24 Carat Magic and we made that decision in like 2 seconds and didn't think about it again.  NBD.)
    @Ro041

Same! Our DJ initially asked us and we forgot to pick one. He selected 24K Magic based on our music preferences. 
  • Haha, it just dawned on me that you are talking about your reception entrance. I wondered why you thought those choices might be appropriate for your walk down the aisle.

I don't like either song so I didn't vote. I'm older, never heard the second song, but after bananas comment, I youtubed it. Yikes! Do you have older relatives attending your wedding? I'd try to tone it down a bit.

• Haha, it just dawned on me that you are talking about your reception entrance. I wondered why you thought those choices might be appropriate for your walk down the aisle.

I don't like either song so I didn't vote. I'm older, never heard the second song, but after bananas comment, I youtubed it. Yikes! Do you have older relatives attending your wedding? I'd try to tone it down a bit.

That's exactly my point.   The lyrics should be listened to knowing that you may not have kids there but you may have a grandma that doesn't need to hear it at least as an entrance song.  IMO there's at least a bit of a difference when that song is played and all eyes aren't supposed to be focusing on the couple. 

FWIW, we used Walk This Way with Aerosmith and Run DMC.   DH also said he would have thrown the theme from the Throne Room into the hat if he thought all of the WP would have been game for a Star Wars entrance. 
  • Knottie #s, I'm not trying to be mean, here. I know you're paying close attention to every little detail, because you want your guests to have a great time at your wedding. I'm all for going along with the couple's choices that won't impact the guests enjoyment -mason jars, burlap with lace, colors, are a matter of taste and style. The couple can do whatever they want.

But refreshments, accommodations and music directly impact the guests enjoyment of your hospitality. My advice on the introduction song - pick something that will probably be familiar to a majority of your guest and is PG/R rated. During the rest of the reception, I hope you will have a mix of music, rather than all one genre, to encourage all of your guests to dance. One of the best weddings I've ever attended had songs from each decade starting with the 1950s to present. That dance floor was busy throughout the reception.

• I'd go with PArty Rock between the two, but I agree that they're both pretty played out.