Wedding Woes

I interrupt Prudie for a beach towel question

Has anyone used these microfiber ones? 

https://www.amazon.com/Syourself-Microfiber-Sports-Travel-Carabiner/dp/B01KWIO4U6/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1531412785&sr=8-5&keywords=microfiber+beach+towel

$18 seems pricey for a towel I don't NEED, but they take up so little room it would be worth it.

Re: I interrupt Prudie for a beach towel question

• I haven't used one.   I'd want to know how easily sand gets stuck in it.   
  • I have a different brand microfiber towel and it doesn't feel like it actually....dries. It's maybe a little softer to lay on than a regular beach towel but it was kind of useless to dry off after the pool. 
  • They look like the one I use for the gym showers. They do the job of drying but they don’t feel great and it’s definitely not a “beach towel” feel. I can’t see them going great with sand either. It seems like the sand would stick. The plus is they are small and dry quickly. 

• DH hates microfiber towels because he feels like they don't dry shit and just kind of move the moisture around vs. absorbing anything.  FWIW, the best beach towels I own are from Costco and were $12-14.  They're super thick cotton and have showed little to no wear and tear. 
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Welp, y’all have just saved me $100. I just liked how small they folded. We’ve probably got 20 towels. 
  • 6fsn said:
    Welp, y’all have just saved me $100. I just liked how small they folded. We’ve probably got 20 towels. 
    I keep our beach towels in a big Trader Joe's tote and find I'm washing them nearly daily.

However, I'd rather use the real towels than ones that don't work or hold onto sand.
  • I LOVE love love my Turkish towel. They take up much less room than a normal towel, dry faster, can be used as a sarong or shawl, I have even used it for a blanket on a plane. They come in a few different varieties so find the one that best suits you but mine is thin cotton (thicker than a bed sheet, about like a table cloth) , it dries in a hot second but salt water can make it a little crusty, lol. MIL brought us some thicker, softer ones but they seem slightly less absorbent. 
  • I LOVE love love my Turkish towel. They take up much less room than a normal towel, dry faster, can be used as a sarong or shawl, I have even used it for a blanket on a plane. They come in a few different varieties so find the one that best suits you but mine is thin cotton (thicker than a bed sheet, about like a table cloth) , it dries in a hot second but salt water can make it a little crusty, lol. MIL brought us some thicker, softer ones but they seem slightly less absorbent. 

You may have just changed my life, lol.  I wasn't familiar with a Turkish towel, so I looked them up on Amazon.  For the main one I hit upon, it had over 1,000 reviews with an average 4.5 star rating.  People were saying a lot of the things you are and that this particular seller was selling "legit" ones.

It does look like a sarong!  I would have thought it was too thin to be a very effective towel.  But I'll take your word for it.  And a 1,000 reviews word for it, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mrsconn23 said:
    DH hates microfiber towels because he feels like they don't dry shit and just kind of move the moisture around vs. absorbing anything.  FWIW, the best beach towels I own are from Costco and were $12-14.  They're super thick cotton and have showed little to no wear and tear. 
    Microfiber took me awhile to get used to.  They're recommended for curly hair and I was like, "This is gonna be bullshit."  But you have to squeeze the water out and I can really get my hair almost dry with microfiber and no frizz created.  They really do make a difference. 

I'm not sure I'd like it for anything just to wipe though.
  • Oooh those Turkish towels look great.  I may need to get one or two to see how they match against the big beach towels we currently have.
  • I'm about to get on the Turkish towel train too.  I don't mind that they're not thick.  I'd actually prefer something that is bigger that I can wrap it around me and then lay out on it without being on grass or sand while I'm drying off. 
  • mrsconn23 said:
    I'm about to get on the Turkish towel train too.  I don't mind that they're not thick.  I'd actually prefer something that is bigger that I can wrap it around me and then lay out on it without being on grass or sand while I'm drying off. 
    That's what I'm thinking too.   If I'm at the beach or pool I'm warm enough to wear a bathing suit.   I don't need a thick blanket towel and want something to help me get dry fast.
  • MJL you are starting a trend! I'm thinking of getting one for the lake!
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • I hope everyone like them as much as I do.  <3
  • MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I LOVE love love my Turkish towel. They take up much less room than a normal towel, dry faster, can be used as a sarong or shawl, I have even used it for a blanket on a plane. They come in a few different varieties so find the one that best suits you but mine is thin cotton (thicker than a bed sheet, about like a table cloth) , it dries in a hot second but salt water can make it a little crusty, lol. MIL brought us some thicker, softer ones but they seem slightly less absorbent. 

You may have just changed my life, lol.  I wasn't familiar with a Turkish towel, so I looked them up on Amazon.  For the main one I hit upon, it had over 1,000 reviews with an average 4.5 star rating.  People were saying a lot of the things you are and that this particular seller was selling "legit" ones.

It does look like a sarong!  I would have thought it was too thin to be a very effective towel.  But I'll take your word for it.  And a 1,000 reviews word for it, lol.

Care to share the link?  I would not know legit if it hit me upside the head :-/
  • Can someone share an Amazon link to the Turkish towel? I want to get on this too before our trip to the Outer Banks. 
  • MobKaz said:
    I LOVE love love my Turkish towel. They take up much less room than a normal towel, dry faster, can be used as a sarong or shawl, I have even used it for a blanket on a plane. They come in a few different varieties so find the one that best suits you but mine is thin cotton (thicker than a bed sheet, about like a table cloth) , it dries in a hot second but salt water can make it a little crusty, lol. MIL brought us some thicker, softer ones but they seem slightly less absorbent. 

Care to share the link?  I would not know legit if it hit me upside the head :-/

Here's the one I found on Amazon with the 1,000+ reviews, average 4.5 star rating:

https://www.amazon.com/Cacala-Cotton-Pestemal-Turkish-Towel/dp/B00ARETCAS/ref=sr_1_6?s=bedbath&ie=UTF8&qid=1531749086&sr=1-6&keywords=turkish+towel

Wedding Countdown Ticker