Wedding Party

Bridal party pajamas

Does anyone know where I can find (relatively cheap) matching pajama sets for myself and my bridesmaids? I’m looking for cotton pjs in either short sleeve button up or tank top, and with the color options of gray and white. I’ve already looked at Amazon, Target, and Etsy. All of those either don’t have what I’m looking for or are about $50/set. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Bridal party pajamas

• I just wanted to get them simple solid gray pajamas as part of a gift and didn’t want to spend $50 each. 

Thanks for the help..  
  • I just wanted to get them simple solid gray pajamas as part of a gift and didn’t want to spend $50 each. 

Thanks for the help..  
    Each gift should be personalized for the individual receiving it. Shop for each person like it's their birthday. For the wino who loves to read, get her the latest best seller and a nice bottle of wine. For the one who loves sports, get her tickets to a game. Etc. 

I don't know if i'm sold on this not being for a "getting ready photo." Don't do it OP. Let everyone wear what they are comfortable with to get ready. 

• MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited July 2018
    levioosa said:
    I just wanted to get them simple solid gray pajamas as part of a gift and didn’t want to spend $50 each. 

Thanks for the help..  
    Each gift should be personalized for the individual receiving it. Shop for each person like it's their birthday. For the wino who loves to read, get her the latest best seller and a nice bottle of wine. For the one who loves sports, get her tickets to a game. Etc. 

I don't know if i'm sold on this not being for a "getting ready photo." Don't do it OP. Let everyone wear what they are comfortable with to get ready. 
     There is nothing less comfortable than wearing cheap pajamas. If these are truly a gift, then why do they need to match in style and color? Why do they need to be your wedding colors? Why would the top have to be button down or a tank? That sounds like the type of top you want to wear so that you don’t mess up your hair after getting ready.  If not for taking pictures, why would the style and/or color of this “gift” need to match?
  • If this is for a getting ready photo, please don't. 

And also ditto on who wants to wear cheap, uncomfortable pajamas?? Every one likes a different style, and I hardly doubt all of your BMs like the same exact style of pajamas. 

If this is a gift for them, you should be shopping for each of them as if it were their birthday, with a personalized gift you know they will like. 
  • Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited July 2018
    If I were a bridesmaid, I would be very disappointed to receive pajamas as a WP gift, whether they match everyone else's or not. A gift like that says to me that the bride sees me as a cookie-cutter accessory for herself and not as an individual doing her a special favor, and is too lazy to tailor her gift to something I'd receive instead of a cutesy matching cheap gift.

You don't have to spend a lot of money on bridesmaid gifts, OP, but cutesy matching gifts won't make them feel appreciated, whether or not they're for photos.

• I'll echo that I don't think it's cool to give something as a gift under the pretense, of, "OMG wouldn't it be cute to all wear these tomorrow when we get our make up done?!" 

My favorite pajamas lately are Ralph Lauren (Marshall's find) or from J.Crew Factory but I find that the factory ones are so low cut that I don't feel comfortable wearing them in front of house guests.     That said they're really great.

• Once again, never asked for opinions on what everyone wanted to assume and judge about my asking the question. If you don’t have any RECOMMENDATIONS of where to buy, then please kindly don’t reply 
  • Once again, never asked for opinions on what everyone wanted to assume and judge about my asking the question. If you don’t have any RECOMMENDATIONS of where to buy, then please kindly don’t reply 
    Keep in mind that a lot of us aren't new to this.   Most of us have been married before and/or we've been in weddings before.   The advice on this is from people who have been there and done that.   And most of us can say that we just strongly advise that you not force your wedding party into matching attire that isn't their bridesmaids dresses.   

Beyond that, pajamas are so personal.   I don't know what all my closest friends wear to bed so I don't know that I'd ever venture to go out of my way to buy them pajamas.   

Also think of the times that you may have received matching gifts.   When it's Christmas and Grandma gives you, your siblings and cousins all the same red sweater with a tree did you think, "Wow!   She GOT me this time!  Just what I wanted!!"   Or did you think, "Well, that's one way she wasted $300 for all of the cousins."  

If you know your WP will use these then it's great but please don't gift anything with strings attached, a request to wear these in photos and consider quality before your budget or don't give them at all. 
  • I love pajama sets. Like super love them. They make me feel decadent and cozy. I will second @banana468 with the RL one’s! Also Gap Body has some nice ones and JCrew. They are on the pricey side u less you can get them on sale. 

That being said, I’m probably an anomaly. My sister would never wear a PJ set and would regift it ASAP. I also wouldn’t be comfortable wearing them as “getting ready” photos or for people I’m not VERY comfortable with. If you know your friends genuinely like PJs (like I do) then great. But be sure because buying clothes for other people is a tough thing to get right. 
    It's not up to you how anyone responds to anything you post online, here or anywhere else. Your post constitutes a prima facie request for our opinions, whether you asked for them or not. 

Also, "I didn't ask your opinion" comes off as childish and entitled. We don't respond well to either. If you don't want our opinions, then don't post here at all.

• edited July 2018
    For the good of the order: OP, and any lurker who ever did matchy getting ready photos.

Why?

If your answer includes "I saw it on Pinterest," or "I saw it in my photographer's portfolio," then expand on why exactly this photo is important- not just the people in it, but why they have to wear a certain outfit. 

I'll wait.

(Typo edited.) 

• You posted on an open forum. People are going to comment on what you said. And you wouldn't like the recommendations I'd have for PJ sets. They'd be well over $50. 

• I’m glad none of you have anything better to do than post rude, insulting, vicious responses when all I simply asked was WHERE TO BUY. I don’t remember asking anyone if they think I should or shouldn’t do something. And for your information the reason I’m doing this is because I KNOW all of my girls and KNOW they would love something like this. Sorry that I’m “cheap” because I don’t want to spend $200 on pajamas.  

Again, I asked “do you know where” not “do you think I should”, so no, Jen4948 I didn’t ask for opinions. I asked for where to buy something.

These responses are absolutely disgusting. I’m so glad I came here thinking I would receive help and support..  
  • I’m glad none of you have anything better to do than post rude, insulting, vicious responses when all I simply asked was WHERE TO BUY. I don’t remember asking anyone if they think I should or shouldn’t do something. And for your information the reason I’m doing this is because I KNOW all of my girls and KNOW they would love something like this. Sorry that I’m “cheap” because I don’t want to spend $200 on pajamas.  

Again, I asked “do you know where” not “do you think I should”, so no, Jen4948 I didn’t ask for opinions. I asked for where to buy something.

These responses are absolutely disgusting. I’m so glad I came here thinking I would receive help and support..  
    The réponses were not "rude," "insulting," "vicious," or "disgusting." YOU posted on an open forum. Almost all of us have either had a wedding, or we've been in several weddings. Despite what we'd tell the bride, none of us enjoy being forced into cutesy clothing for a picture you'll never look at again. Your loved ones aren't going to tell you they're uncomfortable. Why are you pushing back so hard at the simple suggestion of showing your appreciation by shopping for them individually? A gift for the wedding is really a gift for you, and is self-serving. You want to honor them? Show them you appreciate them? Give them something special and unique. It doesn't have to cost a ton of money, and you won't be forcing them into something outdated, awkward, and uncomfortable. 

• You’re all being incredibly rude to me for no reason. Even when I asked to please not reply if it wasn’t going to be regarding my question, please still felt the need to knock me down and ridicule what I’m doing. 
  • You’re all being incredibly rude to me for no reason. Even when I asked to please not reply if it wasn’t going to be regarding my question, please still felt the need to knock me down and ridicule what I’m doing. 
    Honest question: Could you please highlight a rude response?   A response may have not been what you wanted, but does that make it rude?   If so, could you please explain why? 

One thing to note is that on forums like this, you can't control the responses.   I get it - you said, "I asked for X so why are you commenting about Y," but that just isn't how the forum works.   Beyond that, this is a topic that comes up often enough that it's a hot button issue.

No one is anti-getting ready photos.   But you've been presented with a variety of reasons why THIS kind of getting ready photo may not be the best.  Beyond that, you're pushing yourself towards an option that's already out of your price range that often means uncomfortable. 

Here's my suggestion:
    -Nix the pajama idea if it's for photos.   It's been done and it's dated.
    -If you want coordinated photos and you're footing the expense for the attire (so this is NOT a gift), ask if they'd be interested in wearing white shirts.
    -Link here https://factory.jcrew.com/p/womens-clothing/shirts_tops/washed_shirts/tiewaist-shirt/G5789?color_name=white  and here: https://factory.jcrew.com/p/womens-clothing/shirts_tops/washed_shirts/jcrew-mercantile-oxford-shirt/G1209?color_name=white 
    -It's still coordinated but in your price range and is theoretically something that can be worn again without the sleepytime clothing look.

I still think that if this has to do with any photo to forget about it or just ask friends to wear what they own but if you're stuck on this I'd go with clothing that you can wear during the day. 

You know what's disgusting? Your tantrum.

You asked for opinions, and you posted on the internet. If you don't like what other people have to say (even though it's really good advice), just ignore it and move on. Throwing a fit and acting like a child is unnecessary. 

We are hardly being rude. We are not "knocking you down." No one has called you names. We are telling you that this gift will be a poor use of money that will likely make your BP uncomfortable. Buy personalized gifts. I can tell you that when I get the same gift as every other BP member it makes me feel like it was just a box to be ticked off. When I get something personalized it makes me feel like the bride really cared. Same goes for getting ready photos. They aren't necessary, you'll only look at them once. Maybe. You probably won't ever look at those photos again. Candids with people wearing what makes them comfortable will be just as great. If you don't think so, then you're obviously valuing the prop aspect of making them wear matching outfits. 

• edited July 2018
    OP, I get it.  I found some PERFECT pajamas as a gift here.  They were perfect and everyone LOVED them!!

You know what's disgusting? Your tantrum.

You asked for opinions, and you posted on the internet. If you don't like what other people have to say (even though it's really good advice), just ignore it and move on. Throwing a fit and acting like a child is unnecessary. 

QFT
  • MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    My daughter had 3....THREE....of these "personal, gifted" robes.  One had a black background.  Please note that I said she HAD three of these robes. 

There is NO point in trying to save a few dollars buying "cheap" (your words) pajamas because it is quite literally throwing money away.  Follow @banana468's suggestion of getting something practical and reusable. 
  • Where to buy - JC Penny, Catherine's, Macy's, Walmart, Target, Nordstroms, etc.  That's not difficult.  The thing that's difficult is are you sure all of your WP wear that one particular style of Pajamas or that color/pattern comes in different styles of pajama..  Regardless of the price-point you need to know their style of pajama to make that purchase work otherwise whether you spend $10 or $80 on a set, you'd be throwing money away.  Know your BM REAL style of PJ before you spend a dime, let alone a penny more!

Also, what the PP said...  

• I hate to say it, but if the Target option is out of your price range, anything else you find is going to be way too pricey (or super uncomfortable). I don't wear PJ sets (old t-shirts FTW) and don't leave the house in what I call "fake pants," so that would go straight to the donation bin. If you know all of your friends wear PJ sets & would appreciate that as a gift, why not personalize them a bit more? Different colors or patterns that each lady would appreciate, shorts vs. pants, tank vs. long sleeve, etc. Why do they need to match? (Not being snarky, genuinely curious.)

You've gotten some good advice from PPs on here, and no one's been rude. Most adults, when given the choice, would prefer to not take matching pictures, in outfits not of their own choosing, with people they're not close to. Asking someone to be in your WP is supposed to be an honor to the most important people in your life, and the WP gifts should be personalized thank-you's. If you want matching getting-ready pictures, @banana468 has a good suggestion with the white button-down shirt. Chambray or plaid would also be cute options, if your friends would rather one of those options.