Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Looking For hair and Make up artists that have experience with African American hair

Does anyone know of any hair and make up artists in New England that know how to do African American hair? Need a vendor that can do onsite hair and make up for my wedding. Been searching on the knot and there is absolutely nothing. All vendors seem to only do caucasian hair. I am hoping there is at least one out there. HELP!!

Re: Looking For hair and Make up artists that have experience with African American hair

• Have you thought of doing it on your own?
    Cause, I couldn't find the one I was looking for, so I've decided to do it by myself.  I'm going to straighten my hair first with this type of straightening brush, and then make Greek hairstyle like this:
    I'm going to have natural make-up, maybe I'll make emphasis on my eyes, not sure yet.
  • You may want to try the local boards. This is an international board. If you are able to go to a few salons, I would go and ask if they have any recommendations. They may know of a salon that specializes or know of someone who freelances. Whoever you go with, get a trial and then you will know if you are happy or not.
  • I would suggest researching on Google. You might someone under the loacal business tag. If you are not wishing to visit the salon, better you buy a straightener. Hair straightener brushes these days are easy to use and gives good result. I'm using BeKind Anion Hair Brush Straightener . Give it a try if you like it. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards