Illinois-Chicago

NW suburbs, help needed to find location for photos between ceremony and reception!

edited July 2018 in Illinois-Chicago
Would like some suggestions for places for outdoor photos between our ceremony and reception. The date is October 20th which weather could influence photos too.  Our ceremony is in Rolling Meadows and the reception is at The Cotillion in Palatine. Due to the church availability we had to take the earlier ceremony time, so we have 3 hours in between ceremony and reception. There really aren’t a lot of places nearby that I know of, I thought of Busse Woods but there are always so many geese around, I’m worried about getting goose poop on my dress walking around grassy areas. Any advice or know any nice spots around Palatine / Rolling Meadows / Arlington Heights?? Or anywhere else close to the Cotillion? Thank you so much! 

Re: NW suburbs, help needed to find location for photos between ceremony and reception!

• MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Long Grove has pretty backdrops.  North School Park in Arlington Heights has a gazebo and fountain.  Twin Lakes Pavillion in Palatine is pretty. Reed Turner Woodland Preserve in Long Grove is super pretty.  Citizen's Park in Barrington has pretty areas.  Friendship Park in Wheeling has a fountain that lights up and turns different colors.

Out of curiosity, what are your poor guests supposed to do in those 3 hours.  Hopefully you are hosting something for them.
  • debbeaudebbeau member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Answer
    North School Park in Arlington is a great suggestion. I have also seen people doing photos at the track.