Wedding Woes

Monday Knot Football 2.0??

edited July 2018 in Wedding Woes
Hey football fans, anyone interested in another fantasy football league? We had fun leagues last year and it was tons of fun. 

@kimmiinthemitten I got the auto-renewal for the league tonight. Any interest in a reboot? 

I know some people aren't as active, but last year was super fun! I tagged everyone who played and anyone who I thought might be interested, but anyone can join.

@kvruns
@lyndausvi
@eileenrob
@short+sassy
@ShesSoCold
@atomicblonde
@sparklepants41

Re: Monday Knot Football 2.0??

• Is there a buy-in?  I run a FF league with my mom friends, but I could handle 2.  ;) 
  • MRDCleMRDCle member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    I would love to join!
  • mrsconn23 said:
    Is there a buy-in?  I run a FF league with my mom friends, but I could handle 2.  ;) 
    Nope! Free, not prizes besides ultimate TK bragging rights. 
  • I've never played fantasy football!

I'm too emotionally attached. I'd be terrible. I'd only pick Bears and maybe Chiefs and NEVER a Packer. LOL It's a lot of time too to put together your roster every week, right?
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • MRDCleMRDCle member
    I've never played fantasy football!

I'm too emotionally attached. I'd be terrible. I'd only pick Bears and maybe Chiefs and NEVER a Packer. LOL It's a lot of time too to put together your roster every week, right?
    Being a Browns fan it's VERY easy to NOT pick my own team's members :D.  Honestly, I've played for 5 or 6 years now and I've never spent more than like, 15-20 minutes a week on my lineup - and last year I was second place in both my leagues. 
  • I've never played fantasy football!

@charlotte989875, count me in!

@ShesSoCold, last year was my first year trying fantasy football.  Do it!  The ladies were super nice (of course!) with any questions I had.  They held my hand a bit, lol.  I hardly spent any time with it at all.  But then, I also came in dead last, lol.  The post we had for it (I think on Chit Chat) was a fun place to talk football. 

If I remember correctly, there is day/time at the beginning where each member takes a turn picking a player for their team.  And that's your main roster for the season.  Each week, you do have the option to trade out any of your players for other players who are available.  So, you want to pay attention if any of your players have a bye week or are injured and won't be playing.  But all that info is right there on info about your players and info about available players, so you don't have to go looking around all over for it. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MRDCle said:
    Being a Browns fan it's VERY easy to NOT pick my own team's members :D.  Honestly, I've played for 5 or 6 years now and I've never spent more than like, 15-20 minutes a week on my lineup - and last year I was second place in both my leagues. 

Oof, that was a tough season.  On the bright side, you all have nowhere to go but up!

I feel your pain.  I'm a Saints fan and, before the Drew Brees/Sean Payton era (even during some of the DB/SP era, lol), we have historically been one of the worst teams in football.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yes!  I'm in.  @ShesSoCold you can do it - the weekly lineup isn't that bad - it takes just a few minutes.  I had a friend who played an entire Lions roster and won the league a few years back!
  • ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Gangreen Eileen is in! 
  • kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    I'm in!  I also saw the email and kept meaning to check and see if it was a Go again
  • Alright I'm in. But only because I have a team name I want to use. Muffed Punt for the win, or at least, not dead-ass last.

Need my email, @charlotte989875
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Alright I'm in. But only because I have a team name I want to use. Muffed Punt for the win, or at least, not dead-ass last.

Last year @kimmiinthemitten organized everything and was commissioner, does that still work for you Kimmiinthemitten?

Can you PM it to me and I can add you:)

Last year @kimmiinthemitten organized everything and was commissioner, does that still work for you Kimmiinthemitten?
    Yes!  I just found the email.  I never use my Yahoo!
  • We also need to set our date/time for the draft...suggestions?
  • MRDCleMRDCle member
    Alright I'm in. But only because I have a team name I want to use. Muffed Punt for the win, or at least, not dead-ass last.

Can you PM it to me and I can add you:)
    Can I play too?
  • Heck yes!  There's a link actually so I'll send you both that instead!

• We also need to set our date/time for the draft...suggestions?
    Weekday evenings (Mon.-Thurs.) are usually good for me.  I think we did a Wed. night at 7PM or 8PM last year.  If I'm remembering correctly where people live (in general), we're all in the Central or East time zones, except @lyndausvi who is in Mtn. time.  But she's fortunate to not work a typical "office hours" schedule anyway, lol.  I'm also not sure what time zone @MRDCle is in.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MRDCleMRDCle member
    We also need to set our date/time for the draft...suggestions?
    Weekday evenings (Mon.-Thurs.) are usually good for me.  I think we did a Wed. night at 7PM or 8PM last year.  If I'm remembering correctly where people live (in general), we're all in the Central or East time zones, except @lyndausvi who is in Mtn. time.  But she's fortunate to not work a typical "office hours" schedule anyway, lol.  I'm also not sure what time zone @MRDCle is in.
    Eastern!
  • I'm in if there's still room.  Let me know who to PM my e-mail address to.  I don't need any more spam than I already get.  :)
  • I just PMed you @mrsconn23!

We have room for one more team if anyone is interested!
  • ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    @MRDCle and @ShesSoCold I LOVE the profile pics!

@NBSquared2017 aren’t you a football fan? Any interest?
  • MRDCleMRDCle member
    eileenrob said:

I was a pretty stylin’ young Browns fan :D
  • eileenrob said:

I am!!! I would love to join. Sign me up!
  • NBSquared2017NBSquared2017 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2018
    MRDCle said:
    eileenrob said:

I was a pretty stylin’ young Browns fan :D
    @mrdcle - I think this is our year to win at least 4 games. (Sad, but true) lol 
  • eileenrob said:

LOL that's the gist of my football life!! 
  • eileenrob said:

Ladies, I’m a Bills fan. We know all about heartbreak & losing big important games. 
  • eileenrob said:

Ladies, I’m a Bills fan. We know all about heartbreak & losing big important games. 

I'm neutral about the Bills.  But even I hope that they, someday, win a Superbowl*.  It is just wrong that they have not.

*(as long as they aren't playing the Saints)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • eileenrob said:

I'm neutral about the Bills.  But even I hope that they, someday, win a Superbowl*.  It is just wrong that they have not.

My husband is a born and bred Bills fan, along with many of my friends (I have to root for the Giants as my dad is a die-hard Giants fan). When they made the playoffs last season, you would've thought they were going to the Superbowl with all the celebrating. If/when the day comes that they DO make it to the Superbowl, it's going to be insane. 
  • eileenrob said:

My husband is a born and bred Bills fan, along with many of my friends (I have to root for the Giants as my dad is a die-hard Giants fan). When they made the playoffs last season, you would've thought they were going to the Superbowl with all the celebrating. If/when the day comes that they DO make it to the Superbowl, it's going to be insane. 
    Nothing you ladies can say will take from the fact the @mrdcle and I are willing Browns fans. Not a single thing  :D