Wedding Woes

Lets start this week off!

2»

Re: Lets start this week off!

• When renting, I told H that I wanted to move every 2-3 years just so I could go through all our crap and throw shit away and reorganize everything else. 

Buying and selling that often? Fuuuuuuuuuuck that. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • My vent of the day.  I HATE it when I'm super unhappy with the way a company handled things.  And then sends me an e-mail to "rate the customer service rep" who handled my complaint.

It MISSES THE MOST IMPORTANT POINT!!!!!  I'm usually not angry at the customer service rep.  So I'm not going to give them a bad review.  But I am super angry at either how the company handled something to begin with and/or the rep had no power to actually fix the egregious things that went wrong.

I just got two emails...for two totally separate companies...in the last 30 minutes that fit that category.  One of them was from a call I made Sat. and the other was from a "live chat" I had at lunch today.

I don't know.  To me, it is just yet more proof of a company's short-sightedness to begin with.  Because if they actually want my opinion of the process, then ask for my opinion of the process.

Best case scenario, I never have to call the CS dept. because a company isn't ridiculous and dysfunctional to begin with.  Other than that, I'd rather have a rude CSR who can actually fix my problem then a bunch of nice ones who are sympathetic but can't do s**t.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    @CharmedPamand @ShesSoCold, a local radio traffic reporter made the same comment this morning.  Their "theory " is that people are just now realizing that school starts soon, and are taking time off before it's too late.

@mrsconn23 and @6fsn, are you not on "traditional" summer breaks?  In our area, the high schools often start by mid August, and I hate that!  It really feels as if summer has been robbed!  I cannot even fathom a sooner start time than that!  We do have a few districts that offer year round school, and those students might start early in August.  Our city schools continue to retain the after Labor Day start. 

@GBCK, you are probably already aware of this, but will pass it along....DS is a neurologist and says there is anecdotal support that suggests daily supplements of magnesium and riboflavin can help in easing headaches/migranes to a certain degree.

DD has a procedure tomorrow that will hopefully end, or at least alleviate 75% of two years of bad GI issues.  She went GF, DF, nut free, and low fat in an attempt to resolve some random and rare eosinophilic gastritis.  Even with that, symptoms continued.  Despite having tests say the contrary, she is having her gall bladder removed tomorrow as her symptoms classically point to that being the issue.  Doctors are thinking they will discover it to be low functioning and/or ridiculously inflammed.  This kid needs a break!

• Good luck to your daughter @MobKaz!  I hope she gets some relief. 

I said in another post, we're not on a year-round schedule,  but it is modified.  We get two weeks off in the fall and two weeks for spring break.  Mid-August is the typical start for schools on a more traditional schedule, but most schools in the area have gone to some form of a modified schedule with extended breaks throughout the school year.  
  • When renting, I told H that I wanted to move every 2-3 years just so I could go through all our crap and throw shit away and reorganize everything else. 

Buying and selling that often? Fuuuuuuuuuuck that. 

One of the strategies for building one's rental portfolio is "continuous house-hacks".  It is an absolutely brilliant way to do it and I admire the folks who can stomach it, but that is not me, lol.

Here's how it is done.  Buy a (MFH) multi-family house (2-4 units) and live in one unit while renting out the other(s).  As an owner-occupant, the investor will get the sweet, sweet deals that are owner-occupied home loans.  Lower interest rates and as low as a 3-5% down payment.  The insanely low DP is the BEST part.

Compared to a non-owner occupied house, which is a 20-25% down payment and interest rates that are 1-2 points higher.

One of the terms of an owner-occupied real estate loan is you need to live in the property for at least one year.  But it rarely needs to be longer than that.

So Investor lives in the MFH for one year.  Then buys another one.  Rents out the unit they just vacated and moves into one of the units for the new MFH.  And they still keep the same good loan terms for the first house, for the whole term of that loan, as long as they don't refinance.

Rinse and repeat every 1-2 years.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That totally sucks @charlotte989875! I’d be so frustrated. 

@MobKaz good vibes for your daughter!