Attire & Accessories Forum

Veil color

Hello!
    I recently just bought my wedding dress it's a Casablanca 2110 in Champagne/ivory, picture below, I am now looking for a veil and I dont know what color I should get. Champagne, in the pictures, looks to dirty but I dont know if ivory will make my dress look dirty. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance! (Don't mind the sunglasses on top of my head, it was my last fitting and I forgot they were there lol)

Re: Veil color

• I think ivory will probably look fine. Did they not have any for you to try on at the store? My daughter wore my veil which was white when I bought it 35 years ago and was still pretty white. Her dress was ivory. They looked beautiful together. Your dress looks stunning on you. Congratulations!
  • Most wedding gowns are actually ivory rather than white. True white looks washed out in pictures. I've had like 3 photographers tell me this, and one wedding consultant at a bridal gown store. Check out the back of your dress in the mirror: it totally looks white. I think the ivory veil is your best bet. Get it early so that you can make sure it looks right.
  • Hello Kottie#s
    I too had a champagne colored dress with lace and wore a "white" veil. Here is a picture to give you an idea: 
  • I think Ivory ("white") will look great with your dress. Especially with your lace detailing. I think it will make it pop even more.
  • i think white will fit rather than ivory, because maybe the overall shades of color might not just be that suitable