Wedding Woes

Wednesday

2»

Re: Wednesday

• VarunaTT said:
    I going to go ahead and let my incredibly liberal freak flag fly:

@Jen4948 good for you for standing up for yourself.

Employers routinely ask for more from employees, while keeping wages stagnant and providing no training to improve their employees.  I have no loyalty left to employers at any time because they all consider you expendable AF, while harping that you should be damn grateful you're employed.  The "relationship" aspect of employment is gone and employees are the tradeable commodity.  There was just an article released about how employers are complaining about a dearth of employees to fill their positions, but how wages remain stagnant.  So they absolutely want to give you a job...they just don't want to pay you what you're worth in that job.  I'l try and find it, but I read too much damn stuff, it was probably NY Times.

IOW:  I don't mind wearing a green suit if my employer requires it.  however, if my employer changes their mind and wants a red suit...at my expense, that's a damn issue and it's unfair treatment of your employee.
    Totally agree.   Statement is made assuming there is a closet of clothing.

I went through a period about 6 years ago when I thought I had a manager who wanted me fired.  I was moved from salary to hourly and then copiously documented all the things that were needed from me with an attitude of "Sure - let's prioritize this list and I can identify how long that will take." 

I had to take a few deep breaths and stop myself from saying, "That is NOT what you said!" and instead opted for emails that wrote things out followed by additional emails as follow up.    It was frustrating but at the end of the week I could say, "Hey I'm at 40 hours now.   If you need me to stay and take care of this are you authorizing OT for it?"    I kept myself clean and now I'm the one who was an acquired asset when the business was purchased.
  • Actually, I took the files back before he saw the note and just put them back in my desk. We did talk about the problem but he was not helpful.

My job search continueth.

• We went down to the local National Night Out in my development.  It was nice.  DD had fun dancing (she is a Spice Girls fan! LOL!) and playing on the playground.  And everywhere you looked parents were drinking beer!  One woman even had one of those Tervis cups that has the wine glass inside.  Guess we know to pack a 6-pack for next year!  We stayed about an hour, then headed back.

Travel coffee mugs for the win. Every year the Lincoln Park Zoo has Zoo Lights in the winter. We always go, and put wine in travel coffee cups (or beer, or whatever). The zoo and Zoo Lights is free and always filled to the brim with families. There's also one night exclusively for adults, for which you need to buy a ticket, and it's advertised that there are beer stands that night. Pshaw! Amateurs. LOL. 

• HOMEOWNERS!!!
    Image result for celebration gif
  • Congrats Charlotte.  I hope the headaches were worth it! :)

• Congrats!!
    HOMEOWNERS!!!

•  Congratulations @charlotte989875!!! 

• Thanks everyone!! We went to the house last night and MIL brought champagne!