Wedding Woes

Thursday!

What's going on?!

I'm sure you all were worried about my grilling and the rain last night. We were able to dodge showers and get our grill on. As soon as we sat down to eat, it started raining those giant drops. 

Tomorrow is Friday! 
Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever

Re: Thursday!

• Decluttering.

One of our friends is going to be staying with us as his wife is going to be induced soon. They live 45 minutes away and we’re 5 minutes from their hospital, so we offered him a real bed instead of curling up on a couch in the hospital.

Our spare bedroom is so not ready for company…it was the wedding room ha ha

• 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

My youngest started Kindergarten today.  I put him on the bus, went for a walk, did the dishes, had a conference call, and now that I'm sitting down with nothing to do I'm missing him:(  I've got a massage at 1 and a call at 2:30 and he'll be home again all day tomorrow so I'll get over it.

Crazy soccer mom is driving me nuts. I may need to change my number.

• We were not so lucky and were unable to grill last night.  Lame.  And it's still raining. 

Talked to my friend who's in the middle of a divorce last night.  I hope her STBX gets his ass handed to him by a judge.  Her lawyer, the mediator, and HIS lawyer all told him to knock off being a complete utter fucking asshole and settle with her.  He would not and insists on his pie in the sky bullshit (it's laughable what he's asking).  The mediator (who's report goes to the judge) said he's one of the most ridiculous people she's ever come across.  So that's good for my friend, but this means it drags on another month and a half or so before they can go before the judge and let the court decide.  I'm half tempted to go to court with her just to see if he acts a fool in front of the judge.  The price of gas would be worth the show.  ;) 

DefConn had a little trouble on the bus last week, so he's been restricted from bringing cars on the bus with him as punishment.  He was whining at me this morning about when he's going to be off car restriction and I told him he hasn't made it through this week yet.  If this week goes well, we'll see about next week.  He said, "Mooommm...L and S (his friends on the bus) are butthurt that I can't bring cars with me!!!!!!!"  Oy...this kid.  SMH 

So ready for the weekend and next week.  
  • Apparently Thursday is the day my willpower gives out about getting out of bed to go to work.  Made it this week, so calling it a win.  I have to get my butt back in the work game though.   I do better when I have a list, b/c I can force myself to go down the list checking things off, so I have another one going in addition to my "every morning do this" list.

Cooking and cleaning tonight.  K will be home, so that'll help my mood.  Meetings galore this weekend and a pushout of invites for the VIP party.  I'm excited and nervous about it.
  • We’re so close to Friday, I can feel it. 

Big meeting today at 4. A few other projects tomorrow but then I’m off for a week! H and I are headed to the Outer Banks for a wedding and all I want to do is sit on the beach and not talk to anyone. 
  • Apparently school started where I live today.  Now I need to find an alternative route to work, lol.  The main street I live off of has had a piece of one lane closed for about the last year, smh.  Sometimes the lane that's closed switches.  The "piece" of road closed changes.  But it is always a bottleneck somewhere (sigh).  It wasn't too bad over the summer.  A delay of a few minutes.  But today, it took me 10 minutes to traverse just a few blocks.  No more!

Unlike for some of you, it didn't rain last night.  But it is POURING and thunderstorms right now.  I hope it lets up for lunchtime.  There is a Southwest Avocado salad at the Wendy's across the street that is calling my name, lol.

Update on my PITA tenant.  Unfortunately, still no word on her move-out plans.  It was looking like she wasn't going to pay her rent this month.  We posted a 5-Day Pay or Quit on her door on Aug. 5th that the rent needed to be received no later than midnight Aug. 13th.  Which actually gave her an extra 3 days because we were going to be on vacation.  I even included verbage in it that, if being mailed, to do that 4 business days before the deadline to ensure it would be received on time.  Because she is exactly the kind of person to "pretend" she thought it only had to be postmarked by the 13th.

She put it in the mail on the 10th.  ONE business day before the deadline.  It was not in our mail when we returned on the 13th.  My H was all set to head down to City Hall and file for an eviction on Tues.  But the mail came before he left.  And the money order was finally in it, smh.  I just do not understand people!  Lady, you were a couple hours away from being evicted!  Yet, she couldn't be bothered to send a 10-second text message like, "I know it may not get there by the 13th, but I did mail the rent on the 10th."  That's all she had to do and we would have waited a couple more days.  And the kicker?  She bought the money order on the 7th.  Sooooo, she waited 3 more days to mail it when she is already hella late.  I just cannot wait to get this inconsiderate, uncommunicative person out of my life and my property.

Which brings me to.  She still hasn't contacted me about the notice to vacate.  But she picked up the certified letter I sent and I have the proof of that.  Plus we e-mailed it and posted it at her house.  I don't know (shrug).  I'm going to contact her case worker today or early next week and see if they have any news.  Because, if there is a new lease signed elsewhere for Sept. 1st, they should have been notified.  I'm also going to contact the tenant a week from now, under the guise of scheduling a day/time to pick up the keys after their move-out.  Which is also true.  But I mainly want to make sure she is on track to GTFO by Aug. 31st.   

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • levioosa said:
    On our way to Yosemite! We left closer to 9 when I wanted to leave at 8, but it’s okay. I’m a little worried about how much room we have in the bear boxes. We have a lot of food. 
    Have a great trip!! I hope you don’t see any bears!
  • levioosa said:
    On our way to Yosemite! We left closer to 9 when I wanted to leave at 8, but it’s okay. I’m a little worried about how much room we have in the bear boxes. We have a lot of food. 
    Ha! Speaking of bears an old friend posted an Instagram story yesterday on her camping trip. First part of the story they were on a small lake and there were two bear cubs across the lake from them. I thought, that’s too close for comfort. Next part of the story they were feeding the fucking bear cubs Cheetos. I’m like cool, you have a death wish. Plus do not feed wildlife shit food like that. Or feed them at all. 

• levioosa said:
    levioosa said:
    Ha! Speaking of bears an old friend posted an Instagram story yesterday on her camping trip. First part of the story they were on a small lake and there were two bear cubs across the lake from them. I thought, that’s too close for comfort. Next part of the story they were feeding the fucking bear cubs Cheetos. I’m like cool, you have a death wish. Plus do not feed wildlife shit food like that. Or feed them at all. 
    Ugh that is infuriating. Not only are these people endangering themselves, but everyone else, including the bears because they're getting used to being around people. And that's how people get mauled by bears and how bears get shot. 

This kind of thing REALLY grinds my gears.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • levioosa said:
    levioosa said:
    Ugh that is infuriating. Not only are these people endangering themselves, but everyone else, including the bears because they're getting used to being around people. And that's how people get mauled by bears and how bears get shot. 

Yeesh, yeah.  I forget the name of the series, but I was watching an Animal Planet show that was about animal attacks on people who were keeping them as pets.  One of the stories was about an elderly lady who had retired to a house out in the woods.  I think WA state.  She wasn't exactly keeping bears as pets.  But she was putting snacks they'd find yummy out for them in her front yard.  Completely nuts!  She wanted to attract them to her yard because she liked watching them. 

Her house quickly became a bear hang-out.  They never got into her house, but they'd go up on her deck and look through her sliding glass door.  They'd look through her windows.  They started expecting their "treats" and would get agitated if they weren't there.  

Her son lived out of town and hadn't heard from her in a couple weeks.  He called a neighbor, who hadn't heard from her either.  The neighbor went to go check on her and, unfortunately, found her dead on the front lawn.  Mauled to death by a bear.

--------------------------

On a less dangerous note, but still not too wise.  When my H lived in OR, at one point he was living next to a wildlife corridor.  He loved to feed the neighborhood raccoons, grapes.  Apparently, they don't like the grape skins.  And would peel them off and only eat the inside.  He thought it was funny and cute to watch them do that.  And, OMG, raccoons are way too smart to mess with.  They learned to rap on his door with their paw, so he would bring them grapes!

Fortunately, he never had a bad incident.  But one of his neighbors accidentally left her kitchen door ajar when she went out to run a quick errand.  She returned to a group of raccoons ripping her kitchen to shreds.  They even ripped most of the linoleum off the floors.  Her very brave cats protected the rest of the house.  They were standing guard at the interior door...hissing and looking as threatening as they could.  Still!  She was lucky.  Raccoons are so much bigger and will kill cats.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • levioosa said:
    levioosa said:

Yeesh, yeah.  I forget the name of the series, but I was watching an Animal Planet show that was about animal attacks on people who were keeping them as pets.  One of the stories was about an elderly lady who had retired to a house out in the woods.  I think WA state.  She wasn't exactly keeping bears as pets.  But she was putting snacks they'd find yummy out for them in her front yard.  Completely nuts!  She wanted to attract them to her yard because she liked watching them. 

Her house quickly became a bear hang-out.  They never got into her house, but they'd go up on her deck and look through her sliding glass door.  They'd look through her windows.  They started expecting their "treats" and would get agitated if they weren't there.  

Her son lived out of town and hadn't heard from her in a couple weeks.  He called a neighbor, who hadn't heard from her either.  The neighbor went to go check on her and, unfortunately, found her dead on the front lawn.  Mauled to death by a bear.

--------------------------

On a less dangerous note, but still not too wise.  When my H lived in OR, at one point he was living next to a wildlife corridor.  He loved to feed the neighborhood raccoons, grapes.  Apparently, they don't like the grape skins.  And would peel them off and only eat the inside.  He thought it was funny and cute to watch them do that.  And, OMG, raccoons are way too smart to mess with.  They learned to rap on his door with their paw, so he would bring them grapes!

Fortunately, he never had a bad incident.  But one of his neighbors accidentally left her kitchen door ajar when she went out to run a quick errand.  She returned to a group of raccoons ripping her kitchen to shreds.  They even ripped most of the linoleum off the floors.  Her very brave cats protected the rest of the house.  They were standing guard at the interior door...hissing and looking as threatening as they could.  Still!  She was lucky.  Raccoons are so much bigger and will kill cats.

Yeah, similar story - remember that guy who like, loved bears and lived with them and eventually he and his girlfriend were eaten by 'em? Timothy Treadwell. They made a movie - Grizzly Man. I saw a documentary about it - super interesting.

When H and I were in the keys, we wanted to see the key deer. So we got up ass early and drove around the areas they're in to catch them while they were up around dawn (as deer do). We saw our first one probably 100 yards away and got all excited, pulled over, H got out to take pictures. He was standing between the open door and the car, taking pictures of this thing and when he turned around to get back in the car, there was a key deer RIGHT THERE. Like, poking him in the ass. He wanted snacks. We encountered like 50 that were totally willing to come right up to us. As cool as it was to see so many so close, it made me so sad and so angry that people do that shit. Idiots. 
  • When we went to Yellowstone (like 25 years ago) and took a wildlife safari they had this book of all of the animal attacks on dumb tourists. The book had the whole story. Tons of them were people coming and putting their kids on top of buffalo or moose and then getting trampled or mauled. Like, are you stupid? The poor kids and animals. Just because wild life may let you walk up to it doesn’t mean it’s friendly. 

We had a sort of “family” raccoon. Really just a raccoon that hung around our house. It was super smart and would always raid our trash can no matter how well we secured it. One time it cornered a family friend against the wall until she gave it food. He was super aggressive but luckily he didn’t bite or anything. He was just trying to survive in a new environment (new builds above us forced a lot of wild life out). 

• Yeah, similar story - remember that guy who like, loved bears and lived with them and eventually he and his girlfriend were eaten by 'em? Timothy Treadwell. They made a movie - Grizzly Man. I saw a documentary about it - super interesting.

When H and I were in the keys, we wanted to see the key deer. So we got up ass early and drove around the areas they're in to catch them while they were up around dawn (as deer do). We saw our first one probably 100 yards away and got all excited, pulled over, H got out to take pictures. He was standing between the open door and the car, taking pictures of this thing and when he turned around to get back in the car, there was a key deer RIGHT THERE. Like, poking him in the ass. He wanted snacks. We encountered like 50 that were totally willing to come right up to us. As cool as it was to see so many so close, it made me so sad and so angry that people do that shit. Idiots. 

When my H and I were in NYC a few years ago, we were walking around Battery Park and saw some enormous squirrels.  We were, "WTH?"  They were almost twice as big as normal.  As we continued on our walk and started coming upon a picnic area.  Lots of people with blankets spread out and food.  We soon saw why those squirrels were so big, lol.

No fear of people.  They'd walk right up to someone eating.  Stand up on their hind legs.  Looking all cute with their twitchy nose, fluffy tail, and holding their little paws in front of them.  Of course people fed them.  I even saw people hand feeding them!  Though typically the squirrel would take the morsel out of someone's hand and then eat it.  Not eat the treat directly off their hand, like a dog does.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • levioosa said:
    When we went to Yellowstone (like 25 years ago) and took a wildlife safari they had this book of all of the animal attacks on dumb tourists. The book had the whole story. Tons of them were people coming and putting their kids on top of buffalo or moose and then getting trampled or mauled. Like, are you stupid? The poor kids and animals. Just because wild life may let you walk up to it doesn’t mean it’s friendly. 

We had a sort of “family” raccoon. Really just a raccoon that hung around our house. It was super smart and would always raid our trash can no matter how well we secured it. One time it cornered a family friend against the wall until she gave it food. He was super aggressive but luckily he didn’t bite or anything. He was just trying to survive in a new environment (new builds above us forced a lot of wild life out). 

My H was telling me he used special trash cans that had latches under the rim.  The latches needed a few steps to open them AND you had to have thumbs to do those steps, lol. 

The raccoons were not able to get into them when they were closed properly.  But he said it was amazing.  When the new can came in, he'd sometimes see the raccoons watching him when he opened the can.  Within a few days, he saw one on top of the can with it's paw EXACTLY where the latch was located.  Trying to undo it, lol. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker