Moms and Maids

Bridesmaid Dress

Hi everyone!  Unfortunately, I am stuck with a brand new never worn bridesmaid dress.  It’s by the designer Mori Lee and never once taken out of the bag.  Does anyone know where I can sell?  It’s a beautiful Bordeaux color.  I attached pictures. 

Re: Bridesmaid Dress

• Try the classified board or a local buy/sell store. I've sold all my used dresses at a local buy/sell store and usually got back 25-50% of the retail price
  • I would try a local b/s/t FB group or eBay maybe.

is there a juicy story as to how you became stuck with this never worn dress? I would love to hear it if there is.
  • It's very pretty and versatile enough to be used as something other than a bridesmaid's dress, particular if you shorten it to make it knee length. So when you post it on eBay or another site, you don't need to advertise it specifically as a bridesmaid's dress. You might get a wider market that way.
  • Yes, unfortunately.  I‘m actually the bride who had to kick out a bridesmaid.
    Is this a joke?

Unless you have an extreme, and I do mean extreme, reason, for "kicking out" a FRIEND, then suck up the cost as the loss of a friendship.
    What happened?
    Why?
  • I hope said former bridesmaid/friend didn't pay any money for the dress, because if she did, any resale value should go to her. Assuming you bought it, others' suggestions of resale locations are good.

I'm sorry you endured some extremely egregious unrelated-to-wedding betrayal by your former friend. I'm sure you would never have felt the need to actively end your friendship over a day, a party, or unrealistic expectations of attention given to you.
  • Yes, thank you.  I obviously paid, which is why I’m asking for help as to where to sell it.  Wouldn’t make a profit of a dress I didn’t buy.
  • Keep it and wear it yourself!  js..  Shortened that's a great semi-formal dress...  

Your local "Marketplace" on Facebook is a good place to start... Otherwise consignment formalwear stores near you...  Ebay! Is always an option as well.  
  • I came here to say Poshmark.  I'm staying for the story.
  • What on earth did she do? Sleep with the groom? End up in jail and won't be out by your wedding? Embezzle from your account?
  • What on earth did she do? Sleep with the groom? End up in jail and won't be out by your wedding? Embezzle from your account?

• This is a test.  To my knowledge, the above post is the last I have been “permitted” to submit. All other attempts since then have gone to “waiting for approval” purgatory. 

This had happened on occasion on the WW board. Now it is happening with every response I try to post, regardless of board. Ironically I am also unable to post on the Tech Help board. 

I have tried from multiple devices, as well as through multiple search engines.

I have tried to PM @KnotHolly, as her profile says she has been "active" but that is clearly a relative term.
  • @mobkaz that one worked!
  • Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited August 2018
    Text deleted. Test successful.
  • This is a test.  To my knowledge, the above post is the last I have been “permitted” to submit. All other attempts since then have gone to “waiting for approval” purgatory. 

This had happened on occasion on the WW board. Now it is happening with every response I try to post, regardless of board. Ironically I am also unable to post on the Tech Help board. 

I have tried from multiple devices, as well as through multiple search engines.

I have tried to PM @KnotHolly, as her profile says she has been "active" but that is clearly a relative term. 
  • MRDCle said:
    @mobkaz that one worked!
    It has been INSANE!  6 days and NO rhyme or reason.  I know others reported on WW that they have experienced day or two glitches, but this is NUTS!  Absolutely nothing has changed on my end, which means the fault lies with the website, and yet no one seems to care!

I sent an SOS to The Knot website as well as The Knot Facebook page.  Crickets.  Many thanks to @MairePoppy who helped me "behind the scenes".  At least PM's were working!

Of course, now that school resumes I am able to post again.......