Chit Chat
Options

Getting in Shape

2»

Re: Getting in Shape

• Options
    it's not good to take just juices because it's true that you would loose some pounds but it's not permanent, you'll end up putting it up again once you eat more than just juices. and to give up meat, it's cool, but you need to fill in your protein macros too, so that your diet is balanced. you don't have to go to the gym to workout, watch some videos on youtube maybe about HIIT or home exercises and all you need is probably just a yoga mat
  • Options
    it's not good to take just juices because it's true that you would loose some pounds but it's not permanent, you'll end up putting it up again once you eat more than just juices. and to give up meat, it's cool, but you need to fill in your protein macros too, so that your diet is balanced. you don't have to go to the gym to workout, watch some videos on youtube maybe about HIIT or home exercises and all you need is probably just a yoga mat
    Hey just an FYI - this thread is almost a year old - be sure to check your dates when commenting!
  • Options
    You can go keto, South Beach, Atkins, gluten-free, basically any gimmick you want, and you will lose weight in the short term. And then, when you go back to your "normal" diet, you'll gain it right back.

But if your goal is to lose weight, get in shape, and keep off the pounds you lost, there is only one thing that will work, and that is a lifestyle overhaul. Add daily exercise. Cut out empty calories. Don't buy processed food.

Do not buy low-fat, "diet" versions of things. These taste like crap, mess up your ability to taste and appreciate real food, and will set you up to crave fat and sugar. So buy whole milk if you use dairy, and real mayonnaise, and use these in moderation. If you drink soda, drink the real thing once or twice a week, as a treat.

Make these changes gradually, so you don't feel deprived or like you're at some evil boot camp. If you crave dessert, cut back to one a day the first week, then 3 times a week the next week, for example.

Don't go all or nothing. Your diet is what you eat, not some ghastly deprivation regimen designed to torture you and make you a bore at dinner parties.

Don't start an exercise program that requires new clothes. Just go out and walk a few miles, or jog them, or ride your bike. Bring a friend to motivate you if that works for you. Do this every day. 

Drink water all day long. If you're hungry, and really don't want to overeat, drink hot water, then have your snack or meal.
  • Options
    MRDCle said:
    Hey just an FYI - this thread is almost a year old - be sure to check your dates when commenting!
    I think you're invisible. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    She was, actually. I couldn't see that until you posted, and then I went back and saw several that I'd missed. I wasn't in purgatory like some of you, but I have noticed that I have to load the page a couple of times to see all the posts.
  • Options
    She was, actually. I couldn't see that until you posted, and then I went back and saw several that I'd missed. I wasn't in purgatory like some of you, but I have noticed that I have to load the page a couple of times to see all the posts.
    Oh great, more TK issues. LOL 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    @ShesSoCold, I think it may just be my laptop. The pages seem to load fine on my phone, at least they do today!