Wedding Woes
Options

Tell her, tell her now.

Dear Prudence,

I need to break up with my girlfriend. We started to date in college, but when we graduated, I had to move for a great career opportunity, and she had to stay for a great academic one. We decided to date long distance and trust in the power of our love. It turns out the power of our love has nothing on the power of my libido. I haven’t cheated, but I will if we keep it long distance. I miss going on dates, holding hands, having sex, and just being with someone in the same room. The problem is that my girlfriend had to go home for the summer because of a family member’s health problems and plans to fly out to see me in October. I obviously can’t let her fly out to California and then dump her. Under the circumstances, can I break up with her by phone, maybe once she is back at college?

—Face to Face

Re: Tell her, tell her now.

• Options
    Casadena said:
    There's never a good time to break up with someone.  If you feel it needs to happen do it sooner rather than later, it will suck either way.
    Yep. This.

Pick up the phone and call her, LW.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    FFS, this is relationship 101.

Pick up the phone.   Talk to her and tell her that you can't do long distance and while you have affection for her you know you need more right now.

USE. YOUR. WORDS. 
  • Options
    I broke up with my long distance boyfriend while we were in college. We hung up, and then he drove 4 hours to beg me in person to not break up with him. It didn't go well. 

But yeah, stop dragging it out and do it. A phone call is acceptable if you're long distance. 
  • Options
    I think we're (Knotties) all on the same page here.

• Options
    do it sooner or later, it gonna hurt the same. pick up the phone