Outdoor Weddings

Wedding reception on asphalt/parking lot- NEED HELP!

Hello!  Our outdoor wedding reception will be held basically in a parking lot.  It is on asphalt which is not completely level (cracks, etc).  It is in the mountains so the rest of the scenery is beautiful.  I am a little concerned with how to make this look better.  Will anyone even notice?  Any ideas for a dance floor?  

Re: Wedding reception on asphalt/parking lot- NEED HELP!

• Hello!  Our outdoor wedding reception will be held basically in a parking lot.  It is on asphalt which is not completely level (cracks, etc).  It is in the mountains so the rest of the scenery is beautiful.  I am a little concerned with how to make this look better.  Will anyone even notice?  Any ideas for a dance floor?  

There are companies that can install a level floor. This might be nice if it is really uneven. I don't know if I would really notice with tables/chairs and other décor.
  • I wouldn't notice the asphalt or dirt, but if the surface isn't level, you'll need to fix that. I'd rent a dance floor to cover up any cracks (tripping hazard!), and also look into someone installing a level floor if the parking lot is on a slant, hill, or bumpy. It would be MUCH better to spend that money up front to do it right versus dealing with an injured loved one at your wedding.
  • Yes I would say definitely rent a floor to keep it level. I would also maybe worry about the heat if you're doing it when the sun might be reflecting off the asphalt. That can get toasty! The appearance would be the least of my worries. 
  • If you have asphalt as your ground surface you will definitely need some kind of cover to protect everyone's feet from the effects of sun (heat, melted tar) in addition to leveling it out. A Plan B would also be a good idea just in case.
  • I think you'll need a tent and a rented floor. 

• @banana468 and @Jen4948 I think the shelter in place is getting to everyone!  The last response was September, 2018!