Wedding Woes

I'm too old for this shit

I don't understand "Group Me" and now I have to try to figure out some boxbe shit.  WHY DO I NEED AN APP FOR A GROUP MESSAGE?! HOW DOES IT MAKE THINGS EASIER?!  I DON'T HAVE A CLUE WHAT BOXBE IS!

Re: I'm too old for this shit

• I feel you.  I was muttering the other day, "I'd like to just look at an advertised product without having to download another app."
  • yes. I have a group of friends that insist on google chat (where you can't attach videos), and my one friend likes the fb instant app and then everyone is plain 'old text. 

• boxbe isn't an app, it's some sort of email filter? I don't really know except I needed it to email a coach.  Another coach wants to use Groupme (he's at least a college kid) and we use teamsnap for games.  THIS CRAP IS ALL FOR 9 YO SOCCER>
  • I used groupme a lot in grad school. It was helpful to join a group and then turn notifications off, so my phone wasn't blowing up when 10 people went back and forth over which room to meet in and who was bringing coffee. It was also nice to keep all those exchanges in one place, so I could look back and see who said they would do what. I haven't used it since graduation though. It was nice that most of my classmates used it, so all my different groups were in one spot. It was so annoying when each group wanted to be on a different messaging app. 
  • I've never heard of any of these apps. So there's that. 

• levioosa said:
    I've never heard of any of these apps. So there's that. 
    Me either, and I'm probably one of the youngest ones here. 
  • I have never heard of either of those. In grad school we used WhatsApp a lot and I still use it for one of my friend groups since a couple of them live overseas. It's nice to have a place to talk, but why are there so many different ones?
  • I haven't heard of these apps either.
  • I have heard of groupme but not the other one. I use WhatsApp and FB messenger because that is what most people here use. I hate that I have messenger because I hate FB but it’s seems like a necessary evil. DH has at least 3 or 4 different messaging apps on his phone. I don’t even know what they all are except Signal, which I used to use but have no reason to now.
  • I've been in a FB group of old posters from here for years. Several aren't active on FB anymore so we got a WhatsApp. I don't like it. I don't get how it's different or better than FB and I don't like that it's just one continuous chat, rather than different posts. 

I'm too old for this shit too.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • We use hangouts for church, and it drives me crazy because they started 3 different ones, and some people will post the same message on all 3. I just want a text, nothing else. 
  • I'm just glad I'm not alone. The coach using groupme is a college kid so that explains some of that. 

Apparently Boxbe is supposed to cut down on spamstuff? 

We also have an app for all of the games and practices.  I don't really mind this one because all of the teams use it so I can see all of their schedules and it updates to my phone calendar.

• edited September 2018
    All of my grad school cohort use groupme as do my students. It's an app for basically group messaging since not everyone has iPhones. I personally find it easier to use than just doing text groups where some messages don't come through. 
  • @6fsn, I was looking at it and it seems like a service I already use called Roll Up.  Roll Up basically let's me take stuff that I want to keep but not get 100 e-mails/day and sends me one message every day with all that stuff.  Boxbe looked like it was in reverse of that.  IDK, I think forcing someone to get something so they can e-mail you sort of defeats the purpose of e-mail and puts some onus on the wrong person.