Wedding Woes

Prudie Day!

Stupid H got me stupid sick. I managed not to get it for a week or so but I woke up Tuesday with a sore throat and yesterday my ears and teeth hurt. Today I've got the nose and coughing thing. Yay. And I am SO TIRED. Thankfully I don't have much going on this weekend so I can just veg out. 

I have to do this training and certification thing for work. NBD, but my annoying coworker is making it impossible for me to concentrate. She already failed the test all three times you're allowed to take it, so I have to pass so someone here is certified. I hate to be "that guy" but I'm going to have to ask if I can sit in an empty office or something. I just can't.

I hope you guys are having a better start to the day than I am!
Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever

Re: Prudie Day!

• Something is going around.  My boss can't fight this cold and someone else in our office has it.  It's summer.  It shouldn't happen.  And no pressure on taking this test or anything @shessocold.

I'm already thinking of what to have for dinner.  I think I want to pick up some taco's on the way home from my weight loss meeting.  After weighing in and finding out I haven't lost any weight.  :|

• I hope you're feeling better soon! Next time you start to feel sick, go get Zicam nose swabs. I swear they work!

It has been raining and shitty all week, and I'm so tired of it. Every time it rains, my commute doubles. I'm pretty miserable right now. 
  • I hope you're feeling better soon! Next time you start to feel sick, go get Zicam nose swabs. I swear they work!

It has been raining and shitty all week, and I'm so tired of it. Every time it rains, my commute doubles. I'm pretty miserable right now. 
    Oh I've never tried those, thanks! I've been taking Airborne since he got sick and that usually helps nip it pretty well. I'll grab some for next time!
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever

Same. Maybe that’s why I’m so cranky this week! It’s taken me so much longer to get to work then I feel like I’m rushed from the time I get to my desk. 

I don't want to be a complainer since we're not getting pummeled like the Carolinas but yeah - I'm SO TIRED of this crappy weather.   Yesterday my town received our monthly rainfall in one afternoon!   I'm crossing my fingers for better weekend weather and maybe the kids can take one last dip in the pool.
  • I'm working remotely today and tomorrow and am so excited. My office doesn't really do the work from home thing regularly, but we had to be out of town this weekend for a family thing, and H had to be in that same area for work today/tomorrow so my direct supervisor was cool with letting me try it out. Trying to stay uber busy and visibly productive all day so maybe it could become a more regular thing! We had the crappy weather last week every single day and it really puts a damper on my mood. It's been beautiful, windows-open-at-night weather where we are since Sunday night and it's amazing. Hope everyone starts to feel better soon and the weather turns for you all as well!
  • We got these super nice bath mats as a wedding gift. Super plush and large. When H gets out of the shower he flings water all over the mat.

I want to clean the mats, however, they are too large to fit in the washer. I was thinking of soaking them the the bathtub and scrubbing them with carpet cleaner and letting them air dry.

Do you think that would work? I just want to make sure nothing starts to grow 😩
  • I can't figure out if I have a cold or allergies. I normally don't have allergies but I've been sneezing a ton for 3 days with previously no other symptoms. Last night/this morning I feel a little stuffy and a mild sore throat so now I'm thinking cold. Damn kid and his daycare germs
  • Dern it!  I tried to place my Prime Now order last night when I got home.  But the only delivery options they gave me were for today.  I'm not sure if it needs to be ordered by a certain time to be the same day delivery.

I still placed it for a delivery time frame between 6PM-8PM tonight.  But it took some of the wind out of my sails that it wasn't coming the same day, as advertised.

One bright side, indeed I am able to pay with my Amazon 'cc, which means I'll get 5% back in points for any Prime Now grocery purchases I make.

I haven't gotten enough sleep for any night this week.  Ugh.  Some of it my fault for staying up too late and some of it was late night tummy issues earlier in the week.  Mid-morning through mid-afternoon is usually my most energetic feeling part of the day.  But I can barely keep my eyes open today, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I hope you feel better @ShesSoCold

I decided to stay home and study today. There’s just too much to do and I have a quiz next week. Last night I came home from work to my specialty olive oil that I ordered and that was a pleasant surprise. I cannot wait to try my balsamic vinegar. I might have to make some rosemary bread today too.

Good thoughts and vibes for everyone on the east coast, especially in the evacuation areas! 

• I’m just now getting into specialty olive oil. We have a shop in town and their butter olive oil is amazing! 

I guess we really did move to the fancy suburbs. 

I came across an interesting Forbes article yesterday that listed the top 25 American cities where your paycheck will stretch the farthest.  It was listed in order of stretching the furthest.  Buffalo was pretty high on the list, I think in the top 5.

Off the top of my head, Indy was on it.  Raleigh-Durham and Charlotte were on it, but toward the bottom.  Dallas-Ft. Worth and San Antonio at mid-list.  Almost every major city in OH was on it, lol.  Pittsburgh was high, #2 or #3.  Detroit was #1.

Like anything else, take it with a major grain of salt.  It's not exactly high level research, lol.  Here's the link for anyone interested.  I'll warn, it is a "listcle", but at least there is no waiting for each page to load:

https://www3.forbes.com/leadership/25-cities-where-your-paycheck-stretches-the-farthest/?utm_campaign=paycheck-stretches&utm_source=taboola&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=25+U.S.+Cities+Where+You+Can+Live+Rich+on+Any+Salary&utm_term=msn-ie11-us

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MrsMitten said:
    Look who has a name again!  I feel so alive!

@charmedpam and @ShesSoCold It's fake fall - it triggers my sinuses every year, I get my hopes and my boots out and then - BAM!  It's 80.

@short+sassy Detroit is #1 on average, because the neighborhoods that are bad are that bad that they offset the high (but not quite Chicago or NY high) cost of living.  Desireable neighborhoods in Detroit are expensive and at capacity.

Tonight I have an event for the owner of the company - who very patronizingly had his assistant call me to make sure we are all set.  Umm, this isn't my first event bro.  It's personally my third of five events this week.

I also got this shirt I forgot I ordered in the mail today!  In order, it's the Dem ticket for my Congressional District:  
    Debbie Stabenow - Senate
    Gretchen Whitmer- Governor
    Dana Nesse l- Attorney General
    Jocelyn Benson - Secretary of State
    Haley Stevens - Congress

There's one more woman on the ballot above H, and then he's the first man listed on the ballot under the Dem column.  He's so proud to be 7th on the ballot under all women!  @charlotte989875 There's one for Rashida Tlaib & Elissa Slotkin too!

So jealous, I love it!!!!

• kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited September 2018
    @MrsMitten that's cool!  Remind me (if you don't mind) is he running for a local office or state office ?
  • I’m just now getting into specialty olive oil. We have a shop in town and their butter olive oil is amazing! 

I guess we really did move to the fancy suburbs. 

I came across an interesting Forbes article yesterday that listed the top 25 American cities where your paycheck will stretch the farthest.  It was listed in order of stretching the furthest.  Buffalo was pretty high on the list, I think in the top 5.

Off the top of my head, Indy was on it.  Raleigh-Durham and Charlotte were on it, but toward the bottom.  Dallas-Ft. Worth and San Antonio at mid-list.  Almost every major city in OH was on it, lol.  Pittsburgh was high, #2 or #3.  Detroit was #1.

Like anything else, take it with a major grain of salt.  It's not exactly high level research, lol.  Here's the link for anyone interested.  I'll warn, it is a "listcle", but at least there is no waiting for each page to load:

https://www3.forbes.com/leadership/25-cities-where-your-paycheck-stretches-the-farthest/?utm_campaign=paycheck-stretches&utm_source=taboola&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=25+U.S.+Cities+Where+You+Can+Live+Rich+on+Any+Salary&utm_term=msn-ie11-us

Buffalo is super interesting now because we’re seeing growth (income & population) but we’ve lost so much over the past 30ish years that there’s a lot to be done. He housing market was pretty hot (for us) but we were still able to get a 2000sq house, in a suburb with a top 5 school district for just under 200K. That doesn’t happen in many areas. Buying in the city is even more competitive, but there’s a growing concern about affordable rents, low supply of houses, and people being priced out. It’s defin a good time to be here. 
  • MrsMitten said:
    Look who has a name again!  I feel so alive!

@charmedpam and @ShesSoCold It's fake fall - it triggers my sinuses every year, I get my hopes and my boots out and then - BAM!  It's 80.

@short+sassy Detroit is #1 on average, because the neighborhoods that are bad are that bad that they offset the high (but not quite Chicago or NY high) cost of living.  Desireable neighborhoods in Detroit are expensive and at capacity.

Tonight I have an event for the owner of the company - who very patronizingly had his assistant call me to make sure we are all set.  Umm, this isn't my first event bro.  It's personally my third of five events this week.

I also got this shirt I forgot I ordered in the mail today!  In order, it's the Dem ticket for my Congressional District:  
    Debbie Stabenow - Senate
    Gretchen Whitmer- Governor
    Dana Nesse l- Attorney General
    Jocelyn Benson - Secretary of State
    Haley Stevens - Congress

There's one more woman on the ballot above H, and then he's the first man listed on the ballot under the Dem column.  He's so proud to be 7th on the ballot under all women!  @charlotte989875 There's one for Rashida Tlaib & Elissa Slotkin too!

Hellloooo @MrsMitten! Nice to see you were finally able to return to the land of names, lol.

I'm a bit familiar with the Detroit rental market, from forums on a real estate investing board I frequent.  I actually had a big belly laugh when I saw Detroit was #1, because I know what you are saying.  It's a good example that you're not always getting the whole picture with these types of articles.  On paper, the ROI for bad Detroit neighborhoods looks AMAZING because the properties are crazy cheap.  And many an out-of-state investor has made the mistake of buying them.

In the REI biz, you'll sometimes hear people talking about the "class" a property and/or it's neighborhood is in.  The classes are A-D.  So cities that have a higher % of D-Class neighborhoods than normal will rank higher than they should.  I was shocked to see Chicago on the list!  That can be spendy real estate.  But they also have a lot of bad neighborhoods to bring that % down.

There are actually two posters who have done extremely well for themselves targeting D-Class neighborhoods in Detroit.  They always warn people that these areas of Detroit are not for the faint of heart and CANNOT be managed from afar.  I don't think any D-Class neighborhood can be managed from OOS for any city and you really need to have a special "tough as nails, no b.s." personality type for it. 

At least form what I've heard, lots of great neighborhoods in Detroit.  Moderately priced and expensive homes.  Same with rents.  From a REI perspective, ROI is in the same range you'll see in much of the country.  I briefly looked into it when I was thinking about (still am) broadening my portfolio to more lucrative parts of the country.  My thinking, "If D-Class ROI in Detroit is phenomenal, maybe B-Class will still be pretty good?"  Nope, lol.  At least not better than what I can find in NOLA. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have spent hours this afternoon doing shit for 6let's soccer team.  We have a guest player for Saturday who's mom is incredibly annoying. I sent an email with the game time, arrival time, field location and number, and what the kids are wearing.  She replied that they had another game at that time, so it works out perfectly. Huh? If he has another game how can he play for us?

Two emails, a text, and a phone call later she finally spits out the words that they'll be there.  I got to hear all about her family's crazy schedule, how hard her kid worked, how he's just as good as my kid, blah blah.  Then she asked about Sunday's game.  Yes we have one. No your kid is not guest playing it.

Apparently my brother's NC condo are has been a focal point for the Fox news reports. His main house is an hour inland but he can't evacuate. 

• Oh I tried this recipe last night and it's awesome!  Tasty, easy, and most of all I almost always have the ingredients in the house.

https://www.familyfoodonthetable.com/slow-cooker-balsamic-chicken/

• @6fsn, Yikes!  You had mentioned your brother couldn't evacuate because of his job.  I hope he and his condo come out okay.  But especially him :)!

Thanks for the recipe tip! It looks good and I like this blogger's attitude about sauce, lol.  She talked about how sauce always makes a dish.  Then talked about side item options that could soak up the sauce for this recipe.  Then reminded her readers to make enough sauce so any leftovers wouldn't be dry.

It was cracking me up how many times she mentioned the word sauce.  But I approve!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have been so busy this week.  Now that I'm feeling better (thank goodness), I've been really focusing in at work, trying to get caught up and where I like to be.

I found out that my board term is up in March.  I still have a year left on this presidency, but if I wasn't a member of the board, I wouldn't be president.  I have not decided.  I won't decide until November/December, I don't think.  I'm going to try and give myself some room to get finally finished with the remodel and see how I feel.

I had to take a benadryl last night.  I've started only taking one, b/c it doesn't seem to leave me so groggy in the morning.  Didn't help this morning, I didn't want to get out of bed at all!  But I've got a fun fancy party to go to after work.  I have no makeup on and my hair is dirty, but my dress is cute, so there's that.