Wedding Woes

Wednesday

What's up? I'm struggling. I keep focusing on the stupid little things because I don't want to think about the big thing. 

My kid can't breath and I don't have a clue why.  Last time it was because he had enlarged tonsils and adenoids.  We had those removed. 

Then he started a little coughing thing.  We tested for allergies- no; asthma- no; reflux- yes. A year of meds and he outgrew that. 

Then he stopped hearing.  The reflux caused the adenoids to regrow and the fluid in his head couldn't drain.  Had the adenoids removed again and tubes placed.

Now he's back to doing the same thing he was doing at the very beginning- thrusting out his lower jaw, tilting his head back, and take in as much air as possible. 

We have an appointment in an hour, but I don't even have an inkling of where this is going.  I just want him to be able to breath:(

Re: Wednesday

• I've got a wicked sinus infection and maybe the flu?? I feel like garbage!! I have been taking it easy the last few days in hopes that I will feel better.

Chrissy Teigen's book came out yesterday!! H and I flagged like 15 recipes to try immediately. Right now I have no appetite and I can't taste any food, so when I'm back to 100% - we will feast! 

• Oh, 6, I'm sorry! Sending good thoughts and vibes for him and you both.

I'm starting to feel better. No fever when I got home yesterday and again this morning. I fell asleep on the couch like 10 minutes after I got home and I must have been out cold. H was able to come home, shower, putz around and make dinner (almost) before I woke up to the smoke detector. 

Anyone watch I Am A Killer on Netflix?
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2018
    yucky @6fsn, hope they can diagnose this stat.
    @nbsquared2017 hope you feel better too.  Is this book "cravings" or "hungry for more"?  I'm thinking hungry for more since it only has ten reviews.  I love this girl! 

Tonight is a walmart grocery pick up (takes all of .02 seconds), dinner and I desperately need a polish change.

• I'm sorry @6fsn. I hope you get an answer soon! 

It's pretty quiet today since it's Yom Kippur. A lot of people out today. I'm just not motivated to work. 
  • Vibes, @6fsn, that it's easily diagnosed and treatable.  

Not feeling today.  That's all I got.  
  • I'm sorry @6fsn.    I hope his doctors are able to identify what could be causing that issue.  

I'm in the middle of an issue with one account that's seriously frustrating.   We supplied an account with new product that they claimed they qualified - only they didn't.   The last several weeks started finger pointing that we aren't supplying product in spec to ultimately confirming that testing was not done, new equipment is needed and all of this could have been avoided if people were honest.   Now I have orders to fill from the company that they want quickly but also want me to put on hold until they confirm that their equipment modifications work.    No, I'm not asking my team to push other clients aside when you confirm that testing is done.    
  • Oh @6fsn that’s terrible. Really hope it’s easily treatable and that you get answers today. 

I feel like a new person today now that the big presentation is over. I feel like I can work at a normal pace and not worry I have to stay here until late at night to get things done. Hopefully I stay this energized!

• levioosalevioosa member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2018
    I’m so sorry, 6. Good thoughts and vibes that’s it’s easy to diagnose and treat. 

Feel better @NBSquared2017 and @ShesSoCold ! It’s that time of year again. Ugh. 

School today. I only slept four hours last night so today should be fun. I’m exhausted. The rest of this week is going to be super busy too. 

• @6fsn, I hope you all finally get some answers today and it is easily treatable.

@NBSquared, I hope you start feeling better!

@ShesSoCold, glad to hear you are finally on the mend!  Sometimes getting a big chunk of good rest like that can be the turning point.

Dinner should be good tonight!  Steaks have been marinating since yesterday and H said he'd throw them on the grill as soon as I get home tonight.

Our puppers Izzy was wrapping us around her little paw again last night, lol.  She LOVES balls and small stuffed animals.  Her current stuffed animal is in his final days.  He looks like a cartoon where someone's mind is blown and the very top of their head explodes.  The replacement arrived from Amazon yesterday and her reaction was just hilarious.

She is normally a mellow, well behaved dog.  But as soon as I pulled that toy out of the box, her eyes got huge and she ran over to me in such excitement and anticipation.  She was barely able to stop herself from just grabbing it out of my hand, lol.  She looked at me with pleading, desperate eyes like, "That's for me!  I know that's for me!  ThrowItThrowItThrowItThrowIt!!!!!" lol.  Over the next couple hours, she spent extra time chewing on him to properly welcome him into the household.   

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • banana468 said:
    I'm sorry @6fsn.    I hope his doctors are able to identify what could be causing that issue.  

I'm in the middle of an issue with one account that's seriously frustrating.   We supplied an account with new product that they claimed they qualified - only they didn't.   The last several weeks started finger pointing that we aren't supplying product in spec to ultimately confirming that testing was not done, new equipment is needed and all of this could have been avoided if people were honest.   Now I have orders to fill from the company that they want quickly but also want me to put on hold until they confirm that their equipment modifications work.    No, I'm not asking my team to push other clients aside when you confirm that testing is done.    
    That’s annoying. Is there anyway to confirm the testing is done (maybe not from the person lying to you) before moving forward?
  • Y'all, what is wrong with me?  I live a much too sheltered life, lol.  My recent experience with Prime Now and @levioosa's "Bring Me Food" apps category has me realizing it's a brave, new world out there.

I have a mad craving for Egg Foo Young today, so I explored delivery options.  Without even using any of those food delivery apps, there is a Chinese restaurant a few miles away that delivers for only $3, plus tip.

I've worked here for 5 years!  I could have been having Chinese food delivered all along!  I almost feel cheated, lol. 

Time to start making up for lost time. 
  • Work is super busy!  Lots of balls up in the air and waiting for them to land!  Will be jetting back to work after I post this too!  I will hopefully be able to catch up on WW goings on later!

H is working late tonight so its just me and DD tonight.  That should be fun - as long as she is in a good mood!  Fingers crossed for a good nap today!

We are trying to get our driveway sealed over the next few days.  We have had so much rain, its been almost impossible to get it done!  We have like 4 days of good weather ahead, so we are making an attempt to get it done now!  So this morning, once H left with DD, I was out there cleaning it with a degreaser.  The water that was draining away as I rinsed was gross!  Tomorrow H will powerwash and Friday he is taking off for the first coat of sealant.  Hoping this works out and we get it done!

• Y'all, what is wrong with me?  I live a much too sheltered life, lol.  My recent experience with Prime Now and @levioosa's "Bring Me Food" apps category has me realizing it's a brave, new world out there.

I have a mad craving for Egg Foo Young today, so I explored delivery options.  Without even using any of those food delivery apps, there is a Chinese restaurant a few miles away that delivers for only $3, plus tip.

I've worked here for 5 years!  I could have been having Chinese food delivered all along!  I almost feel cheated, lol. 

As much as I SAY I'd love to live in 1918.  2018 ain't so bad, is it? 

• banana468 said:
    I'm sorry @6fsn.    I hope his doctors are able to identify what could be causing that issue.  

That’s annoying. Is there anyway to confirm the testing is done (maybe not from the person lying to you) before moving forward?
    Yes.   I'm now in a holding pattern knowing that testing won't be complete until next week.   What's borderline amusing is that people in the same organization are yelling to rush an order and others are telling me to hold it.   

Well, it's on hold until you tell me that the qualification trials are complete.   And then the clock re-sets with lead times defined based on the date the order is off hold.   You're not going to like the date you get but this is why you should have done the damn qualification trials 6 months ago. 
  • That sounds awful @6fsn I hope you finally get some answers (and treatment) today!  Feel better @NBSquared2017. That sounds so aggravating @banana468

Received a STD from one of my recently engaged cousins last night.  Whole family is invited- it’s a DW at Beaches Jamaica over Labor Day weekend 2019.  I casually mentioned to my mom a few hours ago that I’d lean towards declining- I’m not close to this cousin (or really anyone on my father’s side- I last saw them was at my grandmother’s funeral in Dec ‘16). Plus LDW is a busy time - right before back to school.  And Jamaica isn’t on my list of places I want to travel to..if a cousin I was very close with was getting married there i’d go but I don’t really want to spend money on five round trip flights and hotel for this.  I thought it was very reasonable but my mom was shocked.  I put her off by saying I had until the actual invites go out to officially decide. Then I texted with my sisters who also said they were leaning towards not going.  Amazing person I am I warned them to not share that with our mother unless they wanted their heads bit off.   :D
  • eileenrob said:
    That sounds awful @6fsn I hope you finally get some answers (and treatment) today!  Feel better @NBSquared2017. That sounds so aggravating @banana468

Received a STD from one of my recently engaged cousins last night.  Whole family is invited- it’s a DW at Beaches Jamaica over Labor Day weekend 2019.  I casually mentioned to my mom a few hours ago that I’d lean towards declining- I’m not close to this cousin (or really anyone on my father’s side- I last saw them was at my grandmother’s funeral in Dec ‘16). Plus LDW is a busy time - right before back to school.  And Jamaica isn’t on my list of places I want to travel to..if a cousin I was very close with was getting married there i’d go but I don’t really want to spend money on five round trip flights and hotel for this.  I thought it was very reasonable but my mom was shocked.  I put her off by saying I had until the actual invites go out to officially decide. Then I texted with my sisters who also said they were leaning towards not going.  Amazing person I am I warned them to not share that with our mother unless they wanted their heads bit off.   :D
    Is mom planning to pay for all of you to accept?  

It's great to have a DW but that comes with understanding that not everyone will be able to make it.    Guilt sucks but unless it comes with a check then what's mom hoping to accomplish?  "Well mom, I can go to that but it means that I'm not going to  travel to see you for holidays and Christmas and birthday gifts for you are then used on this wedding until about 2028.   If you're cool with that I'll reconsider my plans." 
  • banana468 said:
    eileenrob said:
    That sounds awful @6fsn I hope you finally get some answers (and treatment) today!  Feel better @NBSquared2017. That sounds so aggravating @banana468

It's great to have a DW but that comes with understanding that not everyone will be able to make it.    Guilt sucks but unless it comes with a check then what's mom hoping to accomplish?  "Well mom, I can go to that but it means that I'm not going to  travel to see you for holidays and Christmas and birthday gifts for you are then used on this wedding until about 2028.   If you're cool with that I'll reconsider my plans." 
    Oh yeah! My mom offered to pay.  I didn’t say it but I thought “no thanks but could you send us to Disney?” lol.  I’m just shocked that she is worried “how it will look” if my siblings and I don’t attend.  
  • eileenrob said:
    banana468 said:
    eileenrob said:

Oh yeah! My mom offered to pay.  I didn’t say it but I thought “no thanks but could you send us to Disney?” lol.  I’m just shocked that she is worried “how it will look” if my siblings and I don’t attend.  
    A holiday weekend wedding is one thing, BUT one in Jamaica that everyone has to fly to!? And don't kids start school right after Labor Day? That's really a lot to ask of your guests. 
  • I always kind of assume that DW means, "We don't really want anyone to come, but it would be rude not to ask."  Same for a holiday weekend wedding.  Putting them together?  This is an elopement.  :smiley:

Also, if you go to a DW and aren't part of the wedding party, what the heck do you do?  I'd be doing the tourist thing and I'm not sure I'd make it to your wedding...or stay for your reception, b/c heck, I'm someplace I want to explore.  
  • Yeah - A DW if I'm not in the WP means "Do I want to go to this place?"  And if that place wasn't on my list of places to go to then why do I want to vacation to attend a place you picked?   Nope.  

It's one thing if I have to travel to your wedding because you live away.   But a place I didn't want to go to is not suddenly more attractive to me because you picked it.  

• I did actually attend a small DW in Jamaica at Sandals in 2006, and it was so much fun. I took my mom as my date. We just chilled by the pool all day and ate and drank. But, I was 26 and that was more my speed at that time...haha. Now, I wouldn't want to use vacation time on that type of a trip. I'd much rather explore a city, or go hiking somewhere cool. 
  • Yeah unless it’s someone I’m extremely close with, my attendance at a DW has a lot to do with the destination itself.  Do I want to travel here anyway?  Or at least pre-kids.  Now with all three of them being old enough that we have to pay for tickets but young enough to need to be watched 24/7, there’s even more to consider.  Both of my sisters had the same gut reaction I did...them plus all of you are making me feel better.
  • sorry 6, that sounds hard.

I drove myself to dollar tree today.  Driving REALLY SUCKS and I am still avoiding it, because I have to hold my right leg (the one that I can't feel part of except the parts that have burning pain--I can feel them) up to, you know, operate pedals. 
    But I bought shit for girl scout campout--that I can't go on.  THe Mr. is going.  He is....less than thrilled.

• eileenrob said:

I've noticed a lot of families/people can be funny like that.

On this site, we'll see the other side of it.  A bride, struggling with her guest list, because she and her FI both come from large families and they're "expected" to invite every aunt, uncle, and first cousin.  And I'm sitting here like, "But, whhhyyyy?"

I've been invited to about half my first cousins' weddings.  But they all live far away from me and I was only able to make one of them.  NBD when I wasn't invited.  NBD when I couldn't go.  Though, we also didn't grow up together.  We all like each other, but aren't close as adults.

In fact, my own sister got married the year Hurricane Katrina hit the Louis./MS Gulf Coast.  I was still going to be displaced in Miami when her wedding happened.  Nothing was going to stop me from attending her wedding and I booked a flight from that airport.  I was just glad I'd procrastinated and hadn't booked a flight out of NOLA when I first got the date (before the storm).

But she was so sweet and assured me that, as much as she would like me to be there, if I couldn't make it with everything else going on, she totally understood.  My mom said she would understand also, but I know she would have been sad if I hadn't been able to come.  She did check with me if "money was okay" to book my flight.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Woke up with a stiff neck that keeps getting worse. I need to go to the chiropractor tomorrow to try to get it worked out. I hate going bc it always freaks me out but I know it will help.

I also want to eat my feelings right now and just eat junk. Fortunately I'm working from home and don't have any junk here (or at least not what I want) but I really want to go buy some!