Wedding Woes

let's get this party started

2»

Re: let's get this party started

• @short+sassy, I finally got a call for that interview from 2 weeks ago.  Rocked it, but didn't get the job.  They said i was the most qualified in formal education, knowledge of the area and in the ability to differentiate across all grades and divisions, but someone else had a touch more presenting to adults experience.  Basically that it was their time, and not mine.  Gotta love education sometimes.  

Thanks for the update.  I'm sorry to hear it went to someone else.  But at least they gave you positive feedback and it sounds like you'd certainly be a major contender for the next similar opening.  It also sounds like you did a great job preparing for the interview, so I hope you feel pretty solid and confident about that!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • levioosa said:
    I’m in a funk today. I’m so so tired. And I’m trying to make financial and future decisions regarding additional schooling and FI is really upset about it. I might have to sacrifice something big for the relationship and I’m not happy about it. But I also don’t know how much I want “the thing.” It’s more about the financial security aspect of it. I can do it at a later time, but at that point the market will probably be flooded and it will be financially unwise to pursue. FI and I got in a tiff last night where he accused me of saying his job was inferior. It’s not. But I’m sorry, you just can’t compare the degree I’m getting to getting a master’s degree in business. Not the same. Not the same work. Not the same stress. Not the same personal and professional ramifications if you fuck it up. School is really taking a toll on our relationship and I am so unhappy of being unhappy all the time. And I have to work this weekend, so that’s adding to my funk. 

Growing up my dad had a client that was a gymnast. They were getting new equipment so we got their professional gymnast trampoline. It was amazing. Super unsafe, but amazing. We could easily hit 10 feet of air. More if we timed our jumps. Eventually we went to a friend’s house that had a standard “from Costco” type trampoline. It felt so lame. We had to work to get like four feet of air. We were so spoiled. Lol

I'm sorry you're going through this.  I know this is shaping up to be an especially stressful semester for you, along with the work in the clinic you are doing.  And a fight with your FI about your career path is certainly not going to help!  FWIW, I'm sure a lot of that fight came from a place of love.  He loves you and can see the toll school is taking on you.  Even when something is worth it, it's still hard to see a loved one hurting. 

I know you're already doing a lot of thinking about the additional schooling.  I could see where being a "first mover" would give you an advantage for that first job or two.  But, if this is going to be a field that will eventually be flooded, does it still make sense to pursue for the long term?  I'd assume that's already another important point you're considering, but at least wanted to mention it.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @short+sassy, I finally got a call for that interview from 2 weeks ago.  Rocked it, but didn't get the job.  They said i was the most qualified in formal education, knowledge of the area and in the ability to differentiate across all grades and divisions, but someone else had a touch more presenting to adults experience.  Basically that it was their time, and not mine.  Gotta love education sometimes.  

Thanks for the update.  I'm sorry to hear it went to someone else.  But at least they gave you positive feedback and it sounds like you'd certainly be a major contender for the next similar opening.  It also sounds like you did a great job preparing for the interview, so I hope you feel pretty solid and confident about that!
    I feel good about the feedback, but I've had almost 2 years of "you're great and you'll be great in Leadership, it's just not your turn".  Leadership here is more about who you know than what you know, but I had both for this one.  I've had the same feedback for pretty much every interview I've been on.  Kinda wish there was something I could work on just to be able to do something other than wait!! lol