Getting in Shape

Wellness Plan: September 2019 Wedding

2»

Re: Wellness Plan: September 2019 Wedding

• Progress Update:

I lifted this morning!  

After working out and getting ready, I headed over to a local beauty school where I got a mini-facial for $20.00. The lovely woman who did the facial complimented me on my skincare regimen and mentioned she could tell I drink a lot of water. It really makes a difference!

After my facial, I got a manicure and my eyebrows threaded.

If you're doing a wellness plan, feel free to update your progress in here! I'm hoping to build a positive community where we can all encourage each other to meet our wellness goals.

Sounds great! You may find that a fitness forum may have better support for this type of thing than the Knot boards. Feel free to keep posting as I know that a lot of people benefit from doing that.
  • ernursej said:
    Progress Update:

I lifted this morning!  

After working out and getting ready, I headed over to a local beauty school where I got a mini-facial for $20.00. The lovely woman who did the facial complimented me on my skincare regimen and mentioned she could tell I drink a lot of water. It really makes a difference!

After my facial, I got a manicure and my eyebrows threaded.

If you're doing a wellness plan, feel free to update your progress in here! I'm hoping to build a positive community where we can all encourage each other to meet our wellness goals.

Sounds great! You may find that a fitness forum may have better support for this type of thing than the Knot boards. Feel free to keep posting as I know that a lot of people benefit from doing that.
    Thanks! I'm also posting on My Fitness Pal about my wellness journey. :)
  • Progress Update:

This week I have been run down with a cold and got my monthly! :/

I've been drinking a lot of tea and making sure I get enough rest. My diet has mainly consisted of soup (with the exception of a strong craving for Chinese food last night).

I haven't bothered to weigh myself this week, but I still feel good about my wellness journey.

This week's goal: take care of myself and get better!

• Progress Update

I'm finally over the cold. Because I haven't worked out much this past week and haven't been as on top of my diet, I still weigh the same I did a week ago. It happens. 

I've started doing pushups throughout the day to help with my arm strength. My arms have been aching a bit from it (nothing out of the ordinary), and I'm seeing a slight difference in my shoulders. The pushups made my overhead press yesterday a bit difficult, but I managed to get through my strength training workout.

I'm trail running after work today. I found a nice little hiking trail just a few miles from my workplace.

So one thing I've noticed is if I don't eat enough in the morning, I tend to overeat and indulge at night. I'm trying to be more consistent in my meals and find a good balance to keep me sustained throughout the day. I'm thinking I'm going to have to do 5-6 small meals a day in order to keep myself from over-indulging at night.

With my Fitbit, I've managed to run/walk a total of 40,668 steps this week. I'm aiming for at least 10,000 steps a day to keep my heart healthy.

• Progress Update

Starting Weight: 180 lb
    Current Weight: 152.4 lb
    Goal Weight: 120 lb

Starting BMI: N/A
    Current BMI: 25.4
    Goal BMI: 19.97

Starting Body Fat Percentage: N/A
    Current Body Fat Percentage: 28.8%
    Goal Body Fat Percentage: 21-24%

Since kicking my weight loss journey into high gear on September 24th, 2018, I've lost 2 pounds!

I've started eating smaller meals throughout the day, and my cravings at night seem to have gone away. I'm incorporating way more veggies into my diet.

My typical workday meal plan looks like:
    • Breakfast: Cherry Greek Yogurt
    • Second Breakfast: Emerald 100 Calorie Pack - Cashews and Almonds with Dried Cranberries
    • Lunch: Salad
    • Afternoon Snack: Celery, carrots, 2 tablespoons of peanut butter, applesauce (or some other fruit)
    • Dinner: Usually veggies with a meat and brown rice or a homemade soup (last night's was Hello Fresh's Tomatoey Tortelloni Soup with Italian Pork Sausage and Baby Spinach)
    I've got appointments on Thursday and Friday to meet with a nutritionist, my aesthetician for a facial, and my dentist.

• Progress Update

Starting Weight: 180 lb
    Current Weight: 152.4 lb
    Goal Weight: 120 lb

Starting BMI: N/A
    Current BMI: 25.4
    Goal BMI: 19.97

Starting Body Fat Percentage: N/A
    Current Body Fat Percentage: 28.8%
    Goal Body Fat Percentage: 21-24%

So, my weight hasn't changed since I last weighed in, but I'm totally not discouraged at all. My fiance says he can see my abs getting clearly defined. Like, a six pack is coming in!  I'm noticing that my waist has been getting smaller as well. Also, my arms are getting WAY more toned. I'm able to lift more in general, so that's exciting. And the pushups I've been doing have been slimming my arms up as well. My legs and butt have been getting more shape to them, too.

So, all in all, I feel pretty gosh darn good about things right now. I'm going to keep plugging away!

I spoke with my nutritionist about my health plan and she likes the way I'm eating right now and how much I'm eating. I explained that I have a huge weakness at night for sweets. She told me to close the kitchen by around 7 or 8 and not eat anything beyond that time frame.

She also told me to drink 16-24oz. of water right within 30 minutes of waking up. I'm still working on this goal. I've decided that I get ready pretty quick in the morning, so I can chug water on the way to work (about 20 minutes after waking up).

• Also be careful. Losing 30+ pounds between now and September can be done but don't put a lot of pressure on yourself and do it in a healthy way. It should matter how you feel on your wedding day, not what the number is. I've focused on more intense workouts (I highly recommend HIIT). It is effective and shows results faster than other workouts). In addition, I focus on veggies, protein, a little fruit, and a lot of moderation. Careful with added sugar too. Greek yogurt is good but it can have a lot of hidden sugar if flavored. 

I would focus most on how you feel without deprivation. This is what my RD taught me. I am going on vacation in July and plan on enjoying it while also eating well and exercising every day (I already have my workout plan set). I am not getting married until next June (summer solstice wedding :smile:) but I am not fixating over it. Make sure you are eating enough protein too!