Wedding Woes
Options

Monday!

2»

Re: Monday!

• Options
    mrsmitten said:
    My office manager just congratulated me on my pregnancy. 

So that's how my day is going (I'm not pregnant). 
    OMG what did you say?

She goes, "Oh! I haven't seen you! Congratulations!"

I just kind of looked at her with a blank face.

"Your pregnancy...?"

"Oh geez! That's news to me!" 

I have no idea who started this rumor or why. I told HR that I was going to start my mat leave today. 
    I would have just started at her confused until she got super uncomfortable. 

• Options
    mrsmitten said:

OMG what did you say?

"Your pregnancy...?"

I have no idea who started this rumor or why. I told HR that I was going to start my mat leave today. 
    ...but it may take awhile.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mrsmitten said:

OMG what did you say?

"Your pregnancy...?"

What a bitch.   Has she never heard the rule that you don't ask?   I was asked how far along I was when Chiquita was 9 mo old.   My postpartum period w/ her was rough and that only made it suck more.

Different story:  A good friend has BRCA1 and was preparing for her mastectomy/reconstruction and ovariandectomy.   Between the preparation for surgery and the overwhelming anxiety she gained weight and a coworker started a RUMOR that she was expecting.   Oh, and her H had the big V.   

I wanted to punch her coworker. 
  • Options
    I will never forget the lady at a nail salon arguing with a woman who'd just given birth two weeks prior. The nail tech literally jiggled her belly around and told her she was still pregnant. W.T.F.

I'm not upset over it, just more weirded out that someone decided I was pregnant and to tell people. The office manager wasn't like, "Oh look at your belly, you must be with child!", someone had told her and she's been out on FMLA so she thought she must have missed the big announcement. 

These people don't seem to like me much anyway, I'm gunna just let it ride. And talk loudly about my excessive drinking and smoking so they really think I'm terrible.

ETA - My agent just mansplained my own idea to me. 

I'mma start drinking right here at my desk. 

:O...your coworker who constantly makes noise.  You should start imitating whatever sounds she is doing, except louder, lol.

Hang in there!  You all are moving in the relatively near future.  Focus on the light at the end of the tunnel.

I have a cautionary tale of "when houses sell too fast".  I had tenants a few years ago who had been living in the boonies and wanted to move to NOLA, especially for the H's career.  He was a sax player.  They put their house up for sale, thinking it would take a few months to sell and they'd use that time to find a house in NOLA to buy.  Trying to plan for all of this to happen at the same time.  Not even close, lol.

They're house went under contract in days and they closed a little over a month later.  It then took them 13 months to find a house and close on it, in the NOLA area!  They rented from me for that timeframe. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker