Wedding Woes

Wednesday!

We're kind of almost halfway done this week!!

Another day, another quarter for me. I have to go to a sales meeting tomorrow and I am NOT excited. The agent I'm assigned to is way super sales-ey and he just kisses asses and makes ridiculous promises. I already refused to have my name listed as a "HR Specializing Consultant" in the proposal. I'm going to be so uncomfortable. 

I have a wedding Saturday so I might shop a little on my lunch break. I do have dresses I can wear but that's no fun.
Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever

Re: Wednesday!

• Today is my H's birthday (tomorrow is mine, and our 4 year anniversary). We're just keeping it low-key tonight, but I'm going to surprise him with dinner and drinks with his friends on Friday. 

Other than that, the week is dragging. I've got a ton of stuff I need to get done, but I'm just having trouble motivating myself. It's surely the weather - it's been raining again for so many days. Ugh. 
  • @short+sassy healing vibes for your grandma! I'm glad she lives with your mom & stepdad - that she has people to take care of her must be some nice peace of mind. 

Today I am catching up on a few things and I have to draft a couple of new SOPs we are rolling out, but other than that SSDD. 

Also it finally stopped raining, so I am hoping to take Babypants out for a walk after her dinner tonight. 

Did anyone watch This Is Us last night? I LOVED IT! But I have so many questions (as I always do after each episode lol)
  • @shessocold, sounds like a fun day is planned for tomorrow!  <end sarcasm font> I agree on the dress shopping
    @short+sassy, you cannot get shrimp at gas stations.  Please say you're joking!
    @climbingwife, happy Birthday to the H and early one to you! Today is my brother's birthday and his friends' as well.  What is it about September 26th?

I'm in some work BS right now, and I go into training soon for it.  It's going to be a looooong day.  H and I have tickets for Predator tonight. I'm going to need it.  I was really happy with myself.  My alarm went off at 5:40 and I reset it and told myself I'd just do my workout tonight.  As I'm laying in bed, I said to myself 'self...you really going to work out tonight after the movie?" and Self said....you know where this is going..... So I got up and did my a.m. workout!

• Today is my H's birthday (tomorrow is mine, and our 4 year anniversary). We're just keeping it low-key tonight, but I'm going to surprise him with dinner and drinks with his friends on Friday. 

Other than that, the week is dragging. I've got a ton of stuff I need to get done, but I'm just having trouble motivating myself. It's surely the weather - it's been raining again for so many days. Ugh. 
    H’s Birthday is today, too! Happy Birthday to you and ClimbingHusband!

I'm also having trouble motivating and have a TON air work to do. I just can’t seem to focus. I have meetings most of the day today and tomorrow so I have to get it done but that doesn’t seem to increase my productivity. 

I have an appointment with a sports medicine doctor Friday morning. The last two days my leg swelled up like crazy (like I couldn’t see my ankle bones 😳) so I figured it might be time to get it checked out. Playing football last Saturday probably didn’t help. 

H’s Birthday is today, too! Happy Birthday to you and ClimbingHusband!

I'm also having trouble motivating and have a TON air work to do. I just can’t seem to focus. I have meetings most of the day today and tomorrow so I have to get it done but that doesn’t seem to increase my productivity. 

I have an appointment with a sports medicine doctor Friday morning. The last two days my leg swelled up like crazy (like I couldn’t see my ankle bones 😳) so I figured it might be time to get it checked out. Playing football last Saturday probably didn’t help. 
    Happy birthday to your H! 
  • H is on call all week so it has been like pulling teeth being able to spend time with him. 

Last night we were able to cook together, which is one of our favorite things to do. We grilled ribeyes with garlic, thyme, and Irish butter with a side of potato smashies and miso/garlic butter. It was sooo good. 

I work my PT job tonight, but I need to do some sock shopping to prepare for boot weather. Fall is here and I’m itching to wear boots!

• @shessocold, sounds like a fun day is planned for tomorrow!  <end sarcasm font> I agree on the dress shopping
    @short+sassy, you cannot get shrimp at gas stations.  Please say you're joking!
    @climbingwife, happy Birthday to the H and early one to you! Today is my brother's birthday and his friends' as well.  What is it about September 26th?

I'm in some work BS right now, and I go into training soon for it.  It's going to be a looooong day.  H and I have tickets for Predator tonight. I'm going to need it.  I was really happy with myself.  My alarm went off at 5:40 and I reset it and told myself I'd just do my workout tonight.  As I'm laying in bed, I said to myself 'self...you really going to work out tonight after the movie?" and Self said....you know where this is going..... So I got up and did my a.m. workout!
    I am not joking at all, lol.  They are usually cheap, overstuffed with shrimpies, and delicious.  Though they will be gas stations/convenience stores that have little lunch counters/cooking areas in the back.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am not joking at all, lol.  They are usually cheap, overstuffed with shrimpies, and delicious.  Though they will be gas stations/convenience stores that have little lunch counters/cooking areas in the back.
    If and when my H ever make it to New Orleans he may never want to leave! LOL

• I am not joking at all, lol.  They are usually cheap, overstuffed with shrimpies, and delicious.  Though they will be gas stations/convenience stores that have little lunch counters/cooking areas in the back.
    If and when my H ever make it to New Orleans he may never want to leave! LOL

I should propose a new city slogan to City Hall:

New Orleans...where even the gas station food is amazing.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @charlotte989875 Happy Birthday Mr. Charlotte! 

@climbingwife happy birthday to you and your H!!

@short+sassy gas station shrimp just sounds risky - but far less risky than one of my college roommates' habit of buying sushi at convenience stores.  XD
  • T&V for your grandma, S&S! I'm glad she's getting better. 

And wow exciting week for the Climbing family! Happy birthdays and anniversary!

Good for you, Pam, for getting up this morning!! I've been in a terrible funk lately with that. I've worked out once in the last two weeks. Not like me at all. I need to get over this ASAP because my clothes are not getting any bigger. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • @climbingwife happy birthday to you and your H! 

Today is going to be a long day. I have school literally all day because we have a skills lab this morning. I am exhausted. I actually got a lot done yesterday. Not everything on my to do list, but enough big things that I felt pretty accomplished. 

I would never trust seafood at a gas station, and I live pretty close to the ocean. NOLA sounds like the upside down. Lol

• Thanks @missjeanlouise and @shessocold.  It really IS hard to get up and moving.  And I have a feeling the colder it gets, the more my alarm will be reset at 5:40. 

Glad you're having a life is good day! 

• Happy Birthday to all the people! I am so sore from working out this week. I've been trying to double up on some training that I had missed with trips and such. Probably not a good idea.

I actually went to the grocery store today! Ever since H retired, I've been sending him to do the grocery shopping! I really can't remember the last time I went. H is out of town for a couple of days so I had to go! 

I have tickets to the local theater and dinner beforehand with my girlfriends tonight. We always have a great time together. Other than that not much going on.  
  • eileenrob said:
    Happy birthday to Mr. Climbing and Mr. Charlotte! Healing vibes to your grandmother @short+sassy and I hope your calf gets better soon too @charlotte989875

A 9th grader at my school is battling cancer that was just diagnosed in May.  Our area has some terrific pediatric oncologists but her case is stumping every doctor she’s seen.  The vibe I’m getting from her friends is that they wish there was something they could do/be a part of.  I’m on the student activities committee and I proposed earlier today that some of the activities during our spirit week next month be inspired by Brooke’s favorite things (color run featuring her favorite colors, student vs. faculty ninja warrior competition bc she loves that show, etc.).  With some fundraising for Team Brookie (parents created it to fund research).  Her brother is a senior and one of my favorite students ever, I’d checked with her family before proposing it and they were very excited too. So I’m in the very early stages of planning a few events.  Anyone who’s worked on spirit weeks before and has insights to share, they’d be most welcome.
    So very sweet! I'm not sure if it's a year round thing, or if they did this only one time last year, but you could partner up with b.d.mongolian maybe?  They partner with charities (or did at one point) and it's not even something someone has to go to, if they go to a bd mongolian and mention the charity some proceeds to go it. 

• eileenrob said:
    Happy birthday to Mr. Climbing and Mr. Charlotte! Healing vibes to your grandmother @short+sassy and I hope your calf gets better soon too @charlotte989875

A 9th grader at my school is battling cancer that was just diagnosed in May.  Our area has some terrific pediatric oncologists but her case is stumping every doctor she’s seen.  The vibe I’m getting from her friends is that they wish there was something they could do/be a part of.  I’m on the student activities committee and I proposed earlier today that some of the activities during our spirit week next month be inspired by Brooke’s favorite things (color run featuring her favorite colors, student vs. faculty ninja warrior competition bc she loves that show, etc.).  With some fundraising for Team Brookie (parents created it to fund research).  Her brother is a senior and one of my favorite students ever, I’d checked with her family before proposing it and they were very excited too. So I’m in the very early stages of planning a few events.  Anyone who’s worked on spirit weeks before and has insights to share, they’d be most welcome.
    So very sweet! I'm not sure if it's a year round thing, or if they did this only one time last year, but you could partner up with b.d.mongolian maybe?  They partner with charities (or did at one point) and it's not even something someone has to go to, if they go to a bd mongolian and mention the charity some proceeds to go it. 
    Culver's does that a lot too, if they're in your area, Eileen. 

That's really great of you to do. T&P to the student and her family.
  • Love your cabinet @missJeanLouise. Is everything set for the baby? Your due date is soon, right?
  • Love your cabinet @missJeanLouise. Is everything set for the baby? Your due date is soon, right?
    A lot of things are set but not everything, tbh. My bag isn’t completely packed, we still have some things trickling in from amazon but most everything is done. I am due the 6th but I think he’ll be late. 
  • Thanks @CharmedPam and @ShesSoCold. I hadn’t even thought of company matching! (I’m a crappy fundraiser.)  I’ll definitely look into both places!