Wedding Woes

Friday!!!!!

I had to wake M2 up this morning.  This may be the first time EVER she's slept until 7:45.  I have a bunch of calls this morning then Max and I are hitting the zoo.  My folks are taking 6let for the weekend as his 10th bday present.  They have a weekend planned- OSU soccer game, German restaurant, fudge factory, an AMAZING book store (32 rooms), Monopoly, Sequence, and junk food.

Max and M2 have 9 am soccer games tomorrow then I don't know what the rest of the weekend will be.  It might be a good night for a firepit.

I did some shopping yesterday because nothing really fits me anymore and I've needed a winter coat for 5 years now. I found some sweaters and stuff then ended up ordering 3 coats from Land's End.  I'm ready for fall, but it's supposed to be 86 this weekend!

Re: Friday!!!!!

• I’m also ready for fall (and it’s a high of 60 today!) but it’s going to be in the 80s this weekend too. 

H didn’t get the internal position he interviewed for well. Well, he got 1 of 2, but there is no increase in pay, but there is an increase in responsibility. He’s pissed and disappointed. I won’t say this to him (well probably not) but he works harder and is smarter than a lot of his colleagues, but he doesn’t fit the culture there (it’s a tech company; it’s open, collaborative, and social. He’s independent and an introvert) and I suspect that’s part of it. Plus I think they want his skills on a lot of different projects (which is the job he got offered, but he wanted a manager position he interviewed for) but they’re not interested in paying him (or anyone) for that. I don’t know, it sucks. Hopefully he’s not cranky all weekend long. 
  • Sounds like a ton of fun for 6let!! 

I don't have much this weekend, which is really nice. My friend is having a party tomorrow and H is going fishing Sunday. I'm thinking about a marathon cooking day but we'll see. 

I'm starting to see some of the black ink in my tattoo moving around, which is kind of cool. By session like 5 this thing is just going to be a blob and I'll REALLY hate it. 

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • We have an obligation to a show tonight, but will probably make it an early night.  Then we have K's last roller derby game of the season tomorrow.  It's a Harry Potter themed tournament, so it's always fun.  I am soooooooo ready for roller derby to be finished.  Then we're looking at a short semester break.  I might actually get to see my partner for a few more hours/week!

I'm in a quandry.  I'm going to have to manage my ED.  My ED is also my friend.  But they are really messing up lately and their performance is not satisfactory.  There's going to have to be a meeting where expectations and management is laid out, structure is put into place, and goals are made.  I'm really not sure how they're going to take it and I'm not looking forward to it.  But they have really screwed up (they just wrote a grant for an expense not in the board approved budget.  This particular grant is part of what the board included as "incoming" in the budget.  They just screwed the organization out of $20K.  We can't afford that).  Well, it's not a quandry.  I know I have to do this.  I just don't want to have to.
  • VarunaTT said:
    We have an obligation to a show tonight, but will probably make it an early night.  Then we have K's last roller derby game of the season tomorrow.  It's a Harry Potter themed tournament, so it's always fun.  I am soooooooo ready for roller derby to be finished.  Then we're looking at a short semester break.  I might actually get to see my partner for a few more hours/week!

I'm in a quandry.  I'm going to have to manage my ED.  My ED is also my friend.  But they are really messing up lately and their performance is not satisfactory.  There's going to have to be a meeting where expectations and management is laid out, structure is put into place, and goals are made.  I'm really not sure how they're going to take it and I'm not looking forward to it.  But they have really screwed up (they just wrote a grant for an expense not in the board approved budget.  This particular grant is part of what the board included as "incoming" in the budget.  They just screwed the organization out of $20K.  We can't afford that).  Well, it's not a quandry.  I know I have to do this.  I just don't want to have to.
    That really sucks. Is there anyway to amend the proposal to reflect the correct expenses and resubmit? (I’ve done some grants where this is allowed but others where it’s definitely not). 
  • I'm so glad it's Friday!  

I'm not sure what we're doing tonight or what I'm doing this weekend.  Tomorrow, the kiddo works and then IDK what he's doing.  DH and DefConn are going to FIL's for the night.  Sunday, they're all going to the Red Bull Air Race. 

The kids last week of school before fall break is next week.  It feels too soon.  I'm not ready to have them home while I work.  I hope DH works from home or takes a day or two off.   
  • You have a busy weekend, 6, but when do you ever not?
    SSC, I really want to see before/during and afters of this removal! 
    Charlotte, sorry about the job position. That is some real bs but I hear about a lot of companies doing that. They do that because they can get away with it!
    Varuna Good luck with that talk!

TGIF! Man did it take forever.  I have plans to go to a haunted house this weekend with H and a friend.  Our situation sucks because this is the only weekend we can do it (unless we wait till Nov 3rd after Halloween) and they want to do it in their neck of the woods but we don't know about H's schedule and I have a feeling he'll be working tonight AND tomorrow night. I bought a groupon for it, and albeit far....may hold on to it even if only H and I can go another time.

That's all I have lined up for this weekend, early Monday morning I fly out to CA for training and I'm back Wednesday around 1ish.  Some people come into the office if they have an afternoon flight.  I will not be.

• Fridays are my half days, but I am SUPER busy with all kinds of errands this afternoon.  I'd rather just stay at work, lol.

To switch the water account over to my LLC for our vacant rental, I have to actually go to their office and submit my Articles of Inc., my IRS letter with the tax id no., and my driver's license.  Never mind they have all this info from when I've previously held a water bill in my LLC's name.  Technically, I could have sent all that info over fax or e-mail, but they are such a huge cluster f**k with everything they do, I just don't trust they would have handled that sensitive information safely.  Alas, not much I can do about it being in their computer system. 

Then the bank.

Then I have a mystery shop to do, but it's a biggie!  I have to apply for a store credit card, but I get paid a $250 fee.  The store happens to sell lawnmowers.  We just had one crap out.  So now I'll essentially get it for free.

Then it is to Floor and Décor to find new living room/hallway flooring for the vacant rental.

Should probably swing by Sam's Club also, because I'll be in the vicinity of one.

We might head over to the rental after all of that and drop stuff off, but I'm not sure.  I suspect we might save that for tomorrow.

Ugh, I'm tired and overwhelmed just typing all that out, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks @CharmedPam; I’m sort of not surprised either because this happened with another position earlier this year. They wanted his experience/skills (and the fact that he has a PhD) on a project, interviewed him for a position, didn’t hire anyone for it, but then pulled him on to do a bunch of work on it. 

His company does have good perks (truly flexible scheduling, unlimited PTO, catered lunches) but I think that gives them the attitude that they don’t have to pay their employees as much as other companies/the market would. 
  • I had a hellish night. Flat tire on the way home, H and I got into a fight. I barely slept, and I feel like a zombie. I have to leave early today to get my new tire. 

BUT I'm seeing A Star Is Born on Sunday and I'm super excited! 

• That really sucks. Is there anyway to amend the proposal to reflect the correct expenses and resubmit? (I’ve done some grants where this is allowed but others where it’s definitely not). 
    Realistically this grant comes from a fundraiser that was created specifically to help fund our organization.  It's just grown into a larger fundraiser and now supports multiple local LGBTQ+ organizations.  So there's really no oversight and they don't really care how we use it, so it's not really a big deal, but it is at the same. 

I'm going to have to ask to speak with them after this upcoming board meeting and see if that's an option.  It's just that conversation also has to include, "this is not acceptable, you have not asked/requested the board to consider this extra thing you want, and BTW, why do you want this extra thing?  We have yet to see the need for it b/c you haven't reported the need for it either."  There's just a big learning curve happening here with everything.
  • CasadenaCasadena member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited October 2018
    We have some major straightening up/cleaning to do before H's family comes over tomorrow.  MIL is already annoying me and she always just seems so disapproving somehow or like she really doesn't want to be at our house.  

One of his siblings is bringing a new SO.  They are definitely welcome, just not really in the mood to befriend a new person tomorrow - and this sib has never brought home someone that I personally like a lot.  As long as they like the SO it doesn't matter what I think, I'm just not in the mood to deal with someone. 

October was supposed to be our chill month with no weekend plans, but almost every weekend has booked up in the last couple days.  Good stuff I guess, hanging out with friends and a shower next weekend, parents visiting after that, wine and beer festival the week after that - just a little exhausting!  
  • That sucks @charlotte989875. FI’s company has a culture he doesn’t quite fit into either and not playing the political game has held him back. 

@climbingwife hugs. Let us know how the movie is! 

I have my massage this morning, and the housekeeper is coming at 2. The type A clean freak part of me wants to clean before she gets here so it’s not so bad, but that’s literally the point of having a housekeeper. And the more I go to people’s homes, the more I realize that my version of dirty and clean, and other people’s versions are not the same thing. So I’m not sure why I feel embarrassed.

Yesterday I didn’t do a damm thing and it was nice. I binge watched Big Little Lies (I’m behind the times) and it was good, but I think I prefer Sharp Objects. I couldn’t escape the envy for those gorgeous beach side houses though. Otherwise it’s just homework today and figuring out what to make for dinner. Cheesy potato soup sounds good. It’s going to be nice and cool at a high of 80 today. Ha. 

• That sucks @charlotte989875 and sending good vibes @climbingwife.  
    FIL is coming for a visit tomorrow so tonight will just be deep cleaning and cooking.  I’m taking the kids pumpkin picking on Sunday, and I’m between a couple different seasonal fun things to do w them on Monday (schools are closed for Columbus Day).  Hope everyone has a relaxing/enjoyable weekend!
  • All this cleaning talk reminds me that I have to do mine.  Guess that'll be for tonight.  Plus i have to put up my haunted village, including some stuff I bought years ago sitting in the garage.  Strangely enough I came home last night at 10 (after being away ALL DAY) and my garage door was up (there is no inside door to the house).  No idea how since it wasn't when i left and H wasn't home all day either...or no idea for how long but I guess nothing of importance will be left in there.  This is the second time we had this happen.  I also walked into my house one day and the tv was on!

So we have an electrical wire issue or
    someone elses' door opener works on ours or
    a ghost

I hope it's a ghost. 

• I had to pick up a book from Barnes & Noble at lunch today and got a 2 for 1 coupon for cookies at the café. I ate 1.5 of them back at my desk and i'm really regretting looking at the calorie content. 75% of my daily calories but they were delicious.....
  • Soccer stuff- we’re doing a tournament in Maryland. One kid I love didn’t have a ride, so of course I offered. His parents don’t speak a lick of English so coordinating will be fun. I also don’t know if a parent is coming along or not. We were debating which parent goes. If the kid needs to stay I’m making dh go. It feels wrong to share a room with someone else’s boy. 

The hoteld are jacked up too. They’re all more than 15 miles away. Not a single one has more than 4 rooms. 13 boys on the team. Part of the fun is staying together. 

• All this cleaning talk reminds me that I have to do mine.  Guess that'll be for tonight.  Plus i have to put up my haunted village, including some stuff I bought years ago sitting in the garage.  Strangely enough I came home last night at 10 (after being away ALL DAY) and my garage door was up (there is no inside door to the house).  No idea how since it wasn't when i left and H wasn't home all day either...or no idea for how long but I guess nothing of importance will be left in there.  This is the second time we had this happen.  I also walked into my house one day and the tv was on!

a ghost

I hope it's a ghost. 
    My sister's bedroom light/fan is somehow on the same frequency as her neighbor's garage door and it's hilarious. She's changed the station or whatever it's called but she'll wake up or come home with the light on and the fan on super high.

I cannot believe Kavanaugh's vote moved forward. I'm disgusted and saddened. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever

a ghost

I hope it's a ghost. 
    My sister's bedroom light/fan is somehow on the same frequency as her neighbor's garage door and it's hilarious. She's changed the station or whatever it's called but she'll wake up or come home with the light on and the fan on super high.

Yup. But sadly not surprised. He’s going to get confirmed. I’ll bet Murkowski & Collins are no; Flake is a yes and Manchin flips. 
  • Casadena said:
    I had to pick up a book from Barnes & Noble at lunch today and got a 2 for 1 coupon for cookies at the café. I ate 1.5 of them back at my desk and i'm really regretting looking at the calorie content. 75% of my daily calories but they were delicious.....
    You just described every day of my life.

a ghost

I hope it's a ghost. 

Yup. But sadly not surprised. He’s going to get confirmed. I’ll bet Murkowski & Collins are no; Flake is a yes and Manchin flips. 
    I guess I'm naive. I was naive in thinking that people wouldn't actually vote for Trump though, too. 

A slight win today though - the cop who shot Laquan McDonald, an unarmed black man, in 2014 was convicted of 2nd degree murder and 16 counts (one for every shot) of aggravated battery today. 

a ghost

I hope it's a ghost. 

I am zero percent surprised by this. I’m so fucking angry and defeated. And that sham of an investigation. They put just enough effort in to open it so they could pretend their consciences are clear when they fuck us over for generations to come. 

• Damn, Collins. The rage is overwhelming right now. 
  • I’m sickened and heartbroken but in no way surprised.  :(
  • eileenrob said:
    I’m sickened and heartbroken but in no way surprised.  :(
    Exactly.