Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

Wedding band?

Hello everyone! I have my engagement ring but I have a silicone band I wear 90% of the time. I would like to have a nice band that I love to soldered together with my engagement ring someday. However I don’t feel like it’s a needed expensive at the moment. Plus I can’t find one I like. 
So my question is more on logistics. 1. Have ❤️groom to be put my engagement ring on durning the ceremony? Or buy something for a few dollars just to be able to have the motions. I love the putting on the ring part of the wedding. 
99 days to go! 
Advice? Did anyone not find a wedding band they like? 

Re: Wedding band?

• Hello everyone! I have my engagement ring but I have a silicone band I wear 90% of the time. I would like to have a nice band that I love to soldered together with my engagement ring someday. However I don’t feel like it’s a needed expensive at the moment. Plus I can’t find one I like. 
    So my question is more on logistics. 1. Have ❤️groom to be put my engagement ring on durning the ceremony? Or buy something for a few dollars just to be able to have the motions. I love the putting on the ring part of the wedding. 
    99 days to go! 
    Advice? Did anyone not find a wedding band they like? 
    If you can’t find anything you like, don’t worry about it. I like your idea of using your engagement ring during the ceremony. No need to rush and buy something you don’t love.
  • Are you having a religious ceremony? At our Catholic wedding the priest did a special blessing of the rings before the ring ceremony portion. I would not have wanted to do that without my actual forever wedding band. However, that's a very specific scenario and if it's not something that is specifically meaningful for you then would probably have your H put your engagement ring on your finger if you can't find a band you like (or don't want to buy one) before then - no sense in spending money just because!
  • I agree with PPs. This is a purely personal thing and you can do whatever you want.

Since you asked, I knew up front that I didn't want a set; I wanted a separate e-ring and wedding ring to wear on different fingers. So we just picked out a wedding band I liked. No similarity or anything to the engagement ring. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • This is definitely personal, but if I may suggest, why not just a plain wedding band?
    I have a plain band that's the same metal and thickness as the band of my e-ring. They're still separate, which is nice, because if I'm just running to the grocery store in my athleisure there's no need for anything flashy on my finger.