Wedding Woes

Friday!!!

What's up for the weekend?

One word- soccer for us.  Open gym tonight for a different type of soccer (futsal) 6let wants to try this winter.  Games at 10 and 11 Saturday, 10, 2, and 4 Sunday.  T

We also have a driveway party with neighbors tonight and M2 has a bday party Sunday.

MIL keeps saying she wants to get to a game, but she has made 1 all season.  Five options this weekend and she can't make any of them because she has football games to watch. Fine. Watch the football games.  Stop saying you want to see them play though. 

Re: Friday!!!

• Ugh, I'm annoyed by your MIL, 6. I hate those empty bullshit "oh I wish" type comments when the person could TOTALLY do what they "wish", they just prioritize other shit above it. Total pet peeve of mine.

H and I are going to dinner and a Hawks game tomorrow, so that should be fun. He doesn't go to a whole lot of games with me so I'm excited. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Not much this weekend and I’m super jazzed about that! I have football games tomorrow morning and we have some house projects, but that’s pretty much it. Watching football on Sunday. 

We’re  pretty boring. 
  • We have no plans for the whole weekend! I'm very excited. 
  • If DH and I aren't building an ark then our hope is a fun filled weekend!

Saturday AM: If the weather doesn't suck we are taking the kids to Touch A Truck.   It's in the local park with trucks and police cars of all sizes (and maybe a Coast Guard vessel or two) and the kids love it.   But thus far the weather in the AM is supposed to be pretty bad so we'll see. 

Saturday night: class reunion!   DH is going with me and now I just need to figure out my outfit choice.   I'm leaning towards a fun top and dark jeans and my glittery flats since it's at a brew house but we'll see.   

Sunday - if the weather finally gets better maybe just MAYBE we can get out on the boat. 
  • mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited October 2018
    Oh your MIL, 6.   SMH

It's freezing in my house.  I can't wait to have a fire in the fireplace.  We're trying to hold out on turning on the heat.  It's almost a contest for us, LOL. 

FIL butt/drunk dialed DH at 2:30am.  He's in Nashville.  Scared the shit out of us and I had the hardest time going back to sleep.  

Tomorrow was supposed to be my Saturday to work, but when schedules came out, they gave me the day off.  I asked my boss if there was a reason and he was all, "IDK" about it.  So, thanks weekend off fairy.  ;) 

Poor FIL's dog is so bored with me.  She will chill on my office couch for about an hour and then thinks it's time to play/be up my ass.  And then she whines for 'her boys', goes to sniff their shoes in the hallway, and to look at me accusingly,  like I sent them away.  :)  Thankfully everyone will be around this weekend to entertain her. 

Tonight, we're going to Portillo's for dinner.  We haven't been to any of the ones around town yet.  I cannot wait.   We also need to pick up a few odds and ends from the store. 

Tomorrow, we're going to a pumpkin patch.  My parents are coming for dinner. 

Sunday, FIL comes back into town.  He and DH's uncle are going to come for dinner and to watch football.  
  • annoying 6! I would think she can be pulled away for one game? 
    Have fun at the hawks game SSC.  Last night game blew. I stopped watching when it was tied JUST in case I was the bad luck for them, but I guess I wasn't.

Tonight i have to get back on my workout routine (was supposed to be this morning but I couldn't wake up).  Tomorrow is another prp facial (ouchie), and then dinner and a movie, Sunday we're going to a haunted house not to far from us.  I'm so glad I got the general admission ticket and not VIP because I don't think it'll pick up until the last two weeks of October. Plus its on a Sunday and not Friday or Saturday, which tends to be busier.  

• I mentioned earlier in the week that I am going to be doing mystery shops (MS) for a special project with one of the MS companies I work for.  Warning, my excitement caused me to write a long post, lol.

I had originally been rank-guessing it would probably be about 10ish shops and they sounded quick and easy.  I spoke to the scheduler on the phone yesterday to go over the program and get myself set up for it.

OH.MY.GOD.  It is far larger than I ever would have pictured in my wildest dreams.  There are about 1500 of these in the NOLA area and suburbs!  And I got the impression it is just me and another guy doing them.  They need at least 500 per city, but more is fine also.  Which is not to say I'm required to complete over 200 shops, though I probably will and then some.  But it sure makes a target rich environment to pick up the ones I want!

And they are really quick with many areas where there are a whole bunch of them together.  The shop itself, 5-10 minutes and then another 2-3 minutes for the report.  For example, there are three malls in the suburbs.  Each one of them has at least 30 shops, just right inside the mall.

Last night, I was mesmerized by all the pins (shops) on the map and couldn't stop looking at them, lol.  A little overwhelming, but this is a phenomenal opportunity and I'm excited to get started.

I'm going to be ridiculously busy over the next couple weeks, but making a lot of money.  I'm even thinking about taking some vacation days at work so I can pack even more of these babies in.

Fridays are my half day at work and I already self-assigned myself 15 shops to complete when I get off work.  Just a little taste :).  Assuming everything goes smoothly, I plan to return home and assign myself a bunch more near my house.  There are 71 shops, just in my own zip code. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @nbsquared2017 amazing is right. You look fantastic!
    @short+sassy, you go with your MS self!  I did 2 back in the day, and i found out the compensation ($5 and a $10) really wasn't just worth it.  Maybe I'm terrible at write ups?
    @mrsconn23....mmmmmm portillo's. 

• Holy awesome dress, NB!!! You look amazing!
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Oh, and we got the wedding invite for the Dec 1st wedding.  There's a dreaded gap.  The reception is a town over (MAYBE 10 minutes?).  We know a lot of people going to this wedding so we'll end up going somewhere for drinks but 'cmon people! Ceremony is 3 pm and reception is 6 pm.  It's in a catholic church, but I can't imagine it being more than what? 45 minutes max?

• Holy awesome dress, NB!!! You look amazing!
    Seconded! You look gorgeous!
  • HAWT NB!  Love it! 
  • Oh, and we got the wedding invite for the Dec 1st wedding.  There's a dreaded gap.  The reception is a town over (MAYBE 10 minutes?).  We know a lot of people going to this wedding so we'll end up going somewhere for drinks but 'cmon people! Ceremony is 3 pm and reception is 6 pm.  It's in a catholic church, but I can't imagine it being more than what? 45 minutes max?
    Idk, when we went to H's cousin's wedding in August at a Catholic church, the ceremony was well over an hour as they did a full mass. It started at noon and we were out of the church by 1:30 pm. However, their reception wasn't until 5 pm so that got some eyerolls from me. 
  • Damn @NBSquared2017!  HAWT. 
    @CharmedPam I’d be shocked if you were out in an hour. Enid guess a solid 75 mins if they do a full Mass. you could always see what time the church has Saturday service too though. 
  • 6fsn said:
    Damn @NBSquared2017!  HAWT. 
    @CharmedPam I’d be shocked if you were out in an hour. Enid guess a solid 75 mins if they do a full Mass. you could always see what time the church has Saturday service too though. 
    Yup this.   Our Nuptial Mass was over an hour and we had about 150 guests.  If you have a mass and a priest who really likes to talk during the homily you'er there for an hour.    Add in a receiving line or some newfangled pew dismissing and you're at about an hour and a half easy.   My guess is that you'll have to kill a solid hour to an hour and a half before cocktail hour.

Our ceremony was at 2 w/ reception at 4.   It was 20 minutes away and between the drive, receiving line and homily, no gap.
  • @nbsquared2017 amazing is right. You look fantastic!
    @short+sassy, you go with your MS self!  I did 2 back in the day, and i found out the compensation ($5 and a $10) really wasn't just worth it.  Maybe I'm terrible at write ups?
    @mrsconn23....mmmmmm portillo's. 

That's exactly why I actually don't do them very much anymore.  My time is more valuable.  Even with these assignments, all of the fees are less than $10.  But the magic is the speed they can be done and the quantity.  With many pockets where a bunch are grouped together.  There are also a good bit of hotels and up to 4 shops can be done in each hotel.

That's actually what I am doing today.  I grabbed 3 hotels within a couple blocks of each other, plus a few other "one-offs" in the same vicinity.  I park once and can finish those all in my walk.  For an added bonus, I picked up a valet shop (from a different MS company) that's already at one of the hotels I'm going to, lol.  The other company will pay me a fee and both companies will reimburse me for the same parking.  I do have my genius moments sometimes, lol!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Soooooo has anyone watched Princess Eugenie's wedding today? I recorded it, and because I'm working from home, it's on while I do my busywork. 

I have mixed feelings on the dress; the fabric is beautiful, the modern asymmetrical cut in back is awesome. But the off-the-shoulder band is too late 80's / early 90's for my taste. I actually wore a bridesmaid dress in the 90's that had that neck/shoulder line. 

She looked so regal and Jack looked like he was going to puke. 

• Soooooo has anyone watched Princess Eugenie's wedding today? I recorded it, and because I'm working from home, it's on while I do my busywork. 

I have mixed feelings on the dress; the fabric is beautiful, the modern asymmetrical cut in back is awesome. But the off-the-shoulder band is too late 80's / early 90's for my taste. I actually wore a bridesmaid dress in the 90's that had that neck/shoulder line. 

She looked so regal and Jack looked like he was going to puke. 
    I saw pictures on FB.  I agree about the neckline, I thought the EXACT same thing!

• I just googled and I agree.

My childhood neighbor who wanted so bad to be the "hot mom" with her giant perm, stirrup pants, high tops and neon eyeliner would totally have worn that top. 
  • Last night before bed I found a large lump on aurora. I think it’s a lymph node, but its still overly enlarged and it wasn’t there before. It freaked me out so now I’m like one of those worried parents who drag their kid to the clinic at the first sign of a runny nose. Squish already had a vaccination appointment so I called this morning to see if they could fit her in for an exam. 

We have the cleaning service coming today to clean for the party. I have a midterm I’m trying to study for and other than that there’s not a ton going on. 

You look greqt, NB! 

• I think I'll be the dissenting opinion and say I actually don't mind the neckline 
  • I'm still in AZ for work and will be here for another week.  Not too many plans for the weekend.  On Saturday, I think I'll do some shopping and exploring the area.  Have GPS, will travel!

Sunday morning and Monday night I'll be watching football.  It feels weird that the games start 2 hours earlier here.

@NBSquared2017 - gorgeous dress!  You look amazing.
  • In news that probably nobody else will care about...THR CREW ARE STAYING IN COLIMBUS!!!!!!!!!
  • In news that probably nobody else will care about...THR CREW ARE STAYING IN COLIMBUS!!!!!!!!!
  • ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited October 2018
    Good luck with all the shops @short+sassy !
    @NBSquared2017 love the dress!  I think you are looking at a gap @CharmedPam which sucks.  My own full Catholic mass + receiving line for 175ish guests took an hour and 15 minutes..

I liked Princess Eugenie’s neckline and backline (is that a word? I’m so bad with fashion terms) more than the sleeves and bottom of her dress...those were the saving graces for me. 

Busy day at work preparing for our Open House tomorrow.  Working 10-4 tomorrow (all faculty and staff have to) but now it’s supposed to rain all day and I kind of love the idea of my H trapped inside with our kids.  Making a big pot of sauce on Sunday and possibly going to Boo at the Zoo.

edit- weird glitch scrambled my paragraphs
  • I'm just glad this day is almost over.  This period cycle for me has been straight hell in my uterus. 

I have also resigned from all of my community service positions.  There's a lot of reasons, all bad, and there was more bad coming down the pipeline, and I'm just tired of it.  This is supposed to be my passion in my personal life, not a job.  And it was becoming a very crappy job.  We have the grand re-opening of our community center (which I spear headed a $65K remodel of while managing our pride) and then I'm just going home to be.  It's time to have some inner focus for awhile.

No big plans for the weekend.  I'm supposed to go out tonight for a friend's birthday and I really, REALLY don't want to.  However, it's a very good friend who has been through a lot recently and I want to be there for him.  So, I"ll probably nap when I get home and suck it up for an hour or so.
  • Quiet weekend coming up. At least Monday is payday. Oh, how I've been looking forward to that.
    That gap is definitely unnecessary.  A 3:00 PM Saturday Mass is like winning the golden ticket!

DD also had a 3:00 PM ceremony.  The reception venue was about 10 miles away/20 minute or so drive.  The 5:00 PM cocktail hour was just about perfect timing!    DD, SIL, and the wedding party arrived @5:30-5:45 because they did use some of that cocktail hour for pictures, but they still had plenty of time to do that as well.

Shame on them for adding that unnecessary additional hour.