Wedding Woes
Options

Here we go again- Monday

How was the weekend? What's up for the week?

Friday night 6let did an open gym for a soccer-esque game.  He loved it and the director was impressed with him.  Saturday M2 won her first soccer game! Then we just sort of hung out with a movie night.  Sunday was more soccer. 

This week I'm going to Raleigh with my mom, dad, and sister and meeting up with my brothers.  I'M SO EXCITED!!!!  I've got my outfits for the "barn" dance, awards banquet, hockey game, and football watching at the bar. 

I just need to figure out a healthy lunch I can pack Wednesday and eat in the car Thursday.

Re: Here we go again- Monday

• Options
    Sounds like a fun week planned, 6!!

I had a great weekend. H and I had fun at the Hawks game and watched the (stupid fucking) Bears at my sister's yesterday. 

The Walmart by my work doesn't always have a lot of pickup times available so I wonder if they're short staffed. I couldn't pick up during my lunch break so now I have to actually grocery shop. Ugh.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    We had a pretty mellow weekend. Friday we cooked dinner and caught on up on some shows. Saturday we were rained out of our hike, so we went out for breakfast and ran errands. Saturday night we went out to dinner with friends. 
    Sunday I just cleaned and did laundry. 
  • Options
    CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited October 2018
    I've always wanted to go to Raleigh (and yes, Roanoke island), 6, how exciting! enjoy it!

this weekend was fab.  Saturday was a movie (bad times at the El Royale) and dinner (ihop because we couldn't wait for a seat at Texas Roadhouse lol).  Sunday H and I went to a really awesome haunted house.  One of the best in IL for sure (NY is where it's at, haunted house wise).

H has decided to use his last of 2018 vaca days and stick to our plan and come to Calgary with me this week for the wedding on the 20th. I'm looking into some ghost walks, haunted houses, etc but my mom - who, unfortunately isn't going anymore, says they're doing a dinner on Friday and thinks we're invited.  I don't know where she heard this because the bride and I are FB friends and I'm positive she would have sent a private message my way if I was invited.  My mom said it was on the website when you responded.  The wedding website is through theknot....can they offer a special "coming to a dinner on Friday?" question to just a select few?  I also created a knot wedding page but can't remember since I didn't do online responses.  Either way, it wasn't on my invite nor my sisters so we're planning to do a ghost walk that evening. If she did invite my mom only to a dinner on Friday I find that kinda weird we didn't get one.  If she intended the invite to be verbal she shouldn't have left it to my mom to extend the invite....I don't know, I'm going to keep to the ghost walk plan though.
    edit: words

• Options
    short+sassyshort+sassy member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited October 2018

Phew, it was a super busy weekend for me!  Over Fri.-Sat., I did 26 mystery shops for that new project I was talking about last week.  It took me about 4 hours/day.  Everything went well and I'm definitely digging this massive side-gig, lol.

On Sun., my H and I ran a bunch of errands for our vacant rental we are renovating.  We bought all the flooring.  That was a big dent in the wallet!  But not an unexpected one.  Plus a trip to Home Depot.  Plus we dropped off a lot of supplies that have been hanging around our own house.  I almost have my living room back, lol.  And, I did one more of those special mystery shops, because there happened to be one at a store we were going to anyway.

One thing that is both good and bad about those shops, is there is a special pre-loaded credit card they sent me for them.  And I can ONLY use that card for the purchases I make.  Which is great, because I'm getting free stuff (on top of my fees) without having to wait for a reimbursement.  But, the bad thing is, I'm limited by the amount of money I have left on the card.  So, no money on the card, and I can't do more shops until they reload me.  Which they can't do on the weekend.  Needless to say, I put in my re-load request in first thing this morning, lol!   

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

The weekend was low key! H finally has two days off in a row (2 of the doctors are back from maternity leave) so he finally relax and feel like he’s not running around like crazy.

Sort of a weird thing happened yesterday – H and I went to the backers bar to watch the Brown’s game. One of the first plays we missed a block and the other team scored so I uttered and expletive beginning with the letter “F” This random man turns to me and tells me to watch my language. I had to sit there for a second because I absolutely thought he was joking, but he then repeated himself!

I looked at him and said, “I’m and adult and this is a bar. I can say what I want” I think I sort of shocked him by my response because he ended up saying he was just joking, but it was obvious he was not. Moments later someone else swore and I looked at him to see if he was going to correct them, but of course he did not. I don’t want to assume he spoke to me that way because I was a woman, but I have never had someone try to police what I say the way he did. H stepped in and moved me to another stool because he could see the smoke coming out of my ears and how angry I was. What an asshole that guy was.   

• Options
    @short+sassy, man you sounded BUSY!
    @NBSquared2017, I didn't think you could say any other words besides that one in a bar.... who is he to even joke about that?

• Options
    Hi all! We got back from our trip to Italy on Saturday. Spent the night with DD and grandbabies then headed home yesterday. Today is back to reality - laundry, groceries, pick up the dogs etc. The trip was a mixed bag. Amalfi was beautiful but crowded. H was pickpocketed on the metro in Rome on our last day there. Lost all our euros (he had just withdrawn quite a bit to pay our Vatican guide, buy meals for the day and any shopping I was planning on doing), two credit cards and his driver's license. Luckily his passport and American dollars were in the room safe. Our friends spotted us money for the rest of the trip - thank God. He had his wallet in a zippered pocket on the front of his pants and didn't even feel the thief take it! Not a good way to end a trip. I was ready to be home! 

Tomorrow DS2 has a colonoscopy for some issues he had this summer. The doc doesn't think they will find anything but just wants to rule out anything serious. Good vibes, thoughts and prayers would be appreciated.
  • Options
    That is horrible @ilovebeachmusic.  People have some nerve.  Hope the rest was good?

also, can we please can the stupid enlarged advertisement on the top of the page, knot? I click to maneuver around the board, and it somehow mouses over the ad making it larger.  I don't need that assumption at work.

• Options
    Weekend was fine.  I did make it out Friday night to celebrate with my friend.  

The rest of the weekend was me kind of moping about.  Some kind of nasty thoughts I had ended up being validated as true, which made me mope more, but I'll get over it.  K starts their new horrible work/school schedule which is work Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday overnights, school all day Tuesday, and clinicals all day Wednesday.  But at least roller derby is over for a bit and I've disengaged from all of my commitments for awhile.
  • Options
    The weekend was pretty good.  

Friday, we went out to dinner and to the store.  We came home and had a fire.  We watched Game Night, which was really funny. 

Saturday, we got up and hit up a pumpkin patch first thing.  We picked pumpkins and apples, just the 4 of us and likely for the last time with the kiddo graduating in the spring and probably heading to the military (waiting on the ASVAB results).  It was nice to have that moment in time with just us, they're few and far between these days with everything we all have going on.  

When we got home, we cleaned up the house a bit.  I puttered around the kitchen baking and whatnot.  My parents came over for dinner and we had a great time with them.  After they left, we just relaxed the rest of the night. 

Sunday, DH cleaned the gutters and mowed.  I made chili and apple pie.  FIL and his brother came over to get the dog and have dinner.  We watched the Colts be consistent (ha!).   The rest of the night was just chilling out and enjoying being a 'dog-free' house.  ;)  I'm more than good with being FIL's dog-sitter and no more than that.  Maybe we'll get fish for DefConn in the next year or so (he's been asking).  :D 
  • Options
    Sorry about the pickpocket @ILoveBeachMusic and good vibes to your son. That guy at the bar sounds ridiculous @NBSquared2017.

Worked Saturday morning and afternoon at my school’s Open House, H and I took the kids to see Smallfoot early Sat evening.  It was a pretty cute movie. I let the kids help me make the meatballs for the Sunday sauce yesterday...they got a kick out of kneading the meat and rolling out the balls...they are becoming pretty good little cooks.  Shoring up the Spirit Week activities this week.
  • Options

The weekend was low key! H finally has two days off in a row (2 of the doctors are back from maternity leave) so he finally relax and feel like he’s not running around like crazy.

Sort of a weird thing happened yesterday – H and I went to the backers bar to watch the Brown’s game. One of the first plays we missed a block and the other team scored so I uttered and expletive beginning with the letter “F” This random man turns to me and tells me to watch my language. I had to sit there for a second because I absolutely thought he was joking, but he then repeated himself!

I looked at him and said, “I’m and adult and this is a bar. I can say what I want” I think I sort of shocked him by my response because he ended up saying he was just joking, but it was obvious he was not. Moments later someone else swore and I looked at him to see if he was going to correct them, but of course he did not. I don’t want to assume he spoke to me that way because I was a woman, but I have never had someone try to police what I say the way he did. H stepped in and moved me to another stool because he could see the smoke coming out of my ears and how angry I was. What an asshole that guy was.   

That's ridiculous. He's going to police people's language at a bar? Or really, just a woman's? 

Years ago when I was in my 20s, my brother and I were roommates. We had a party for my 25th birthday, and we were outside in the driveway playing beer pong and flip cup. The cops showed up, and I was confused because A. It was only 9pm on a Saturday, and B. we didn't even have music playing outside. Apparently our neighbors had called to complain about "foul language". And the cops actually showed up for this. 

@ILoveBeachMusic that sucks! I'm sorry that happened to you guys. 
  • Options
    We hardly did anything this weekend and it was lovely. Friday night we went out for burgers and then just relaxed. Saturday morning I had two football games then we just did some house stuff and I finally got laundry folded and put away. Sunday was grocery shopping, watching the Bills play terrible football. I also cooked some roasted red pepper soup for the week. 

H’s sister is coming in to town all week so it will be busy; but it was really nice to have a quiet relaxing weekend. 
  • Options
    @ILoveBeachMusic that sucks, but I hope the rest of the trip was awesome!

My kid only has kindergarten every other Wednesday. I thought this was his Wednesday, but I was wrong. I had such plans (Costco and a run) now....
  • Options
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MJL he's precious!!! I love his name!! Congratsss!!
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options

Jacob Harvey born 13/10/18 @ 23:24, 3.6 kilos (8lbs). 
    Just popping in to say, we did a thing this weekend. :) 

Congrats!!!!!  Such exciting news!  I am in cuteness overload :).  What a sweet, little guy.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    He's adorbs.  Like, not just saying that adorbs!  Congrats!

• Options
    Congratulations MJL!! He’s precious! And love love the name!
  • Options
    @ILoveBeachMusic that sucks about an end to a good trip. That seems so crazy someone could do that with a zipped pocket no less!

@short+sassy not sure why i didn't think of this before but do you have Lowes near you? They've been having big clearance sales the past few weeks (maybe even closer to 2 months) where you can find flooring, fixtures, etc for cheap in some stores. 

@missJeanLouise congrats! what a seriously cute newborn
  • Options
    @missJeanLouisecongrats!!!!!  He’s beautiful. How you feeling?
  • Options

OMG HE'S GORGEOUS AND PERFECT!!!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!! How are you feeling, mama?????
  • Options
    @missJeanLouise Congratulations!  He is adorable!

Weekend was a mixed bag.  Saturday was very rainy and dreary.  I stayed in and watched movies in my suite.  I had gotten some snacks and food at the grocery on Friday night so I didn't even have to leave to eat until dinner.  But I kinda hit a wall and was blah.  I think I was a little home sick after being away 2 weeks with 1 more to go.

Sunday was better.  Sun was shining.  I got ready and went to brunch downstairs and then came back and watched Cardinals/Vikings at 10 AM - weird time for me.

After the game I did a little shopping and exploring in Old Town Scottsdale.  Then back to hotel to do some laundry.  

5 more days and then home.
  • Options
    @missJeanLouise what a cutie! So alert already!  How are you feeling?
  • Options
    OMG @missJeanLouise!!!  He's precious!!  Congrats!  What a cute baby.  Y'all did good work.  ;) 
  • Options
    kvruns said:
    @ILoveBeachMusic that sucks about an end to a good trip. That seems so crazy someone could do that with a zipped pocket no less!

@short+sassy not sure why i didn't think of this before but do you have Lowes near you? They've been having big clearance sales the past few weeks (maybe even closer to 2 months) where you can find flooring, fixtures, etc for cheap in some stores. 

@missJeanLouise congrats! what a seriously cute newborn

Thanks for the tip!  We do have Lowe's where I live, though we typically lean more toward Home Depot.  I've price-shopped them online for a few bigger things and my H has popped in for a few things that HD didn't carry.  Nothing we needed jumped out at us, but I'll keep a better eye out.

For example, this is an odd thing.  Home Depot won't cut glass, like for a broken window, but Lowe's does (shrug). 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats @missJeanLouise!!!! He’s adorable!

@NBSquared2017 that’s not okay. Dude can just stfu. 

Weekend was okay. FI has his Halloween party which got a little crazy but the house survived mostly unscathed. The next day he was like “we probably should have gotten a taco man.” Like I said all along but that’s none of my business. 

It’s super windy out today. If I was thinner I’d literally worry about blowing away in the wind. Im not sure our front screen door is going to survive it. I have a housecleaning service at the house this morning because I planned poorly. But at least the house will be clean when I get home. I have a midterm today so I’m just at clinical for my site visit with my instructor and then I’ll go study. 

• Options

Ahhhhh congratulations!!!!  
  • Options
    @missJeanLouise congratulations! He is adorable and so alert! Hope you are feeling well.
  • Options
    @missJeanLouise what a cute nugget!   Congratulations!