Wedding Woes
Options

Ignoring Tuesday?

Apparently today is not very popular, lol.  How is everyone doing?

My H was feeling really sick last night.  We both think he pushed himself to hard at the rental yesterday.  He was feeling better this morning, so crossing fingers.

I'm going to start sounding repetitive over the next few weeks...doing a few shops at lunch, one of which includes food (thank goodness, lol), and then doing a whole bunch when I get off work.

Other than that, the usual.  Trying to stay more focused at work.  I'm doing back-burner stuff, which makes it a little harder to stay motivated, lol.  But there is a lot of it.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Ignoring Tuesday?

• Options
    Glad your H is feeling better! 

I am trying to make it through today. My only meeting is my stupid weekly recurring call at the end of the day today. Other than that, I am playing catch up. 

I have been doing keto for a week now and my stomach is KILLING me today. Tempted to just go home. 
  • Options
    @Casadena hugs and good vibes for you! I'm happy you have fun stuff on the radar!!!
  • Options
    I've been a busy little bee this morning. 1.5 days left of the work week. H and I are going to go see "a star is born" after dinner tonight.

So funny story. Yesterday I bought tickets for a movie for tonight (star is born) and one for tomorrow (goodbumps). I told H it was for Tuesday and Wednesday numerous times. I went out to dinner with some friends and came home, and his car wasn't there.  I was worried for a second and then grabbed my phone and saw his texts.
    "hey I'm at the theater....and someone is in our seats...we both have proof but oh well, I moved over to the right a bit.  it's almost starting....having technical difficulty".
    I texted back "um.....babe....wrong night!!!!"

When he came back I was like "how did that happen? Didn't they scan it?"
    "They did.  The guys said 'that's weird, says you already checked in' but then I said that it could have been my wife since she's meeting me here' so they let me through anyway!"

So glad amc isn't airport security! LOL

• Options
    @Casadena, all the T's and P's!  I hope you all find an answer and it's not too bad to overcome.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    MNNEBrideMNNEBride member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    edited October 2018
    @Casadena, hoping you find an answer that's easily treatable.

@CharmedPam, I saw this article today and thought of you.
    https://www.fodors.com/news/photos/the-10-most-haunted-hotels-in-the-world#fireglass_params|

Otherwise SSDD 
  • Options
    Sending good vibes @Casadena I hope you get an answer soon.  
    It only took 8 years, last night I received my first ever thank you card from a member of my H’s side of the family.  I didn’t think it would ever happen lol.  SSDD otherwise.
  • Options

Since it appears to be a slow day, I read a cute and funny story on my real estate investing board that I think you all will get a kick out of.

Background (sorry, this part boring): The poster is a property manager (PM) for a number of locations.  This particular one is an apartment complex that the owner is trying to sell.  A long-term, helpful and great tenant recently gave his 30-day notice to vacate on Nov. 8th (the lease is a month-to-month).  Except the owner said he has to pay for all of Nov. which, to be fair, is what it says in the lease.  However, the apartment is going to stay vacant anyway, while the complex is on the market.  So there really isn't any reason to make the guy pay for the whole month and the PM wants the owner to give this guy a break.  But the owner is insistent.

The PM gave the bad news to the tenant.  He was disappointed and understandably felt a bit put out, considering how amiable he has been about the dozens of showings that have been going on.  But the PM describes him as a pleasant, reasonable, and intelligent person.  And what he does next to exact his "revenge" is just hilarious and awesome, yet still not doing anything untoward or breaking his lease...

For the next showing, he amiably meets the PM and the potential investors at the door and invites them in.  Just like he has always done.  Except he's wearing an adult onesie of a rainbow'ed unicorn.  With the hood up.  A stuffed horn on it and everything.  He has a silver butler's tray in one hand.  There are rainbow marshmallows neatly arranged on it.  He invites everyone to take one "for Easter".  Friendly and pleasant the whole time.  But potential buyers are getting creeped out by the odd behavior, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Best wishes, @Casadena.

My problems don't compare to what you're dealing with, but I also have unexciting work and am recovering from a migraine. Ugh.

Raining outside here, going to be dreary for several days. At least I got paid today (semi-monthly).
  • Options
    @Casadena- ((hugs))  It's such a tough journey.  <3  My thoughts and vibes are with you. 

Last night we made a run to Costco (plus, Costco cafe was our dinner) and Trader Joe's.  After we got home, we cleaned our room and watched the new Jennifer Garner show 'Camping'.   

DH's cousin and her BF are coming tonight for dinner and to stay.  They're on their way back to WV from visiting DH's family in IL (her dad is the one that was in ICU for 2 months...He's doing MUCH better.  He's in rehab.  The trach is out and he's improving every day. :) ) They're getting ready to move to Raleigh (which if we go out to visit them I'll have to hit up some former WWer's ;) ) and were packing up her place in IL.  Can't wait to hang out with them.  

Today is my work-aversary.  18 years... :o 

Two more days of work this week and Friday is the big day for my mom.   Not gonna lie, my anxiety is building every day...but I'm just trying to remember that her surgeon is awesome, she's in excellent health (besides the cancer thing), and we're going into this surgery with a LOT more information than the one in the spring. 

• Options
    MNNEBride said:
    @Casadena, hoping you find an answer that's easily treatable.

@CharmedPam, I saw this article today and thought of you.
    https://www.fodors.com/news/photos/the-10-most-haunted-hotels-in-the-world#fireglass_params|

Otherwise SSDD 
    In the WORLD?  I have a lot of traveling to do! those places look magnificent though, with or without ghosts.  Thanks for passing that along! 

• Options
    Was in a training all day and now I’m exhausted. I checked my email, did a few minor things, but now heading home early. 
  • Options

hugs and prayers and vibes @casedana.  Hopefully you get some answers.

I hate Tuesdays.  That's all. 

• Options
    Fighting a cold but trying to deny it! I don't have time for that. Pretty much caught up on post vacation stuff. DS2's colonoscopy came back fine - nothing was found, so thanks for the thoughts, prayers and good vibes.

I've been working on the grandsons' Christmas stockings. I really have to put it in high gear. I'm almost done with one but still have the second one to do and Christmas is just over two months away - eee gads!