Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Beauty Plan HELP!

Hi!, I'm very new to all this wedding stuff and beauty in general. With that said, I want to start a beauty plan before my wedding. However, I don't know what would be the best way to keep my skin clear. I work as a mechanic and my face is constantly dirty. I don't know what would be the best routine to keep my face clean and clear. I currently already have so many blackheads even when I wash my face with a Biore scrub and I don't know what else I can do. I'm hoping some of you might be able to help me out. Thanks so much!

Re: Beauty Plan HELP!

• aprellcox said:
    Hi!, I'm very new to all this wedding stuff and beauty in general. With that said, I want to start a beauty plan before my wedding. However, I don't know what would be the best way to keep my skin clear. I work as a mechanic and my face is constantly dirty. I don't know what would be the best routine to keep my face clean and clear. I currently already have so many blackheads even when I wash my face with a Biore scrub and I don't know what else I can do. I'm hoping some of you might be able to help me out. Thanks so much!
    Have you ever seen a dermatologist? That might be a good place to start if you have specific skin issues you want to solve. 

There are are a few things I do; first whether I break out of not is IME 95% what I eat and only 5% actually what/how/when I was my face. Also, drinking enough water. 

For fave washes I really like the Philosophy Purity line. It’s pretty gentle but a good cleanser. But without knowing your skin type it’s hard to make recommendations. 
  • aprellcox said:
    Have you ever seen a dermatologist? That might be a good place to start if you have specific skin issues you want to solve. 

There are are a few things I do; first whether I break out of not is IME 95% what I eat and only 5% actually what/how/when I was my face. Also, drinking enough water. 

For fave washes I really like the Philosophy Purity line. It’s pretty gentle but a good cleanser. But without knowing your skin type it’s hard to make recommendations. 
    Ditto this. Also you could try getting one or two really good quality facials. From there you can keep up exfoliating twice a week and maybe once a week doing a clay mask that would keep your skin free of blackheads. If you are exfoliating your face every day that's probably too much. I have a clairasonic that I use daily and I feel like that has helped a lot. They are pricey though. 

• Definitely see a dermatologist. People who work in greasy environments (garages, restaurant kitchens, etc) do have a higher incidence of acne. You really can't manage this without a prescription.
  • Thank you guys!