Wedding Woes
Options

Thirsty Thursday

All whammies, no big money last night at purse bingo.  One of the ladies at our table did win the 50/50 pot, which was almost $1100.    Still had fun as always. 

I came home and watched "Fat Salt Acid Heat"...the salt and acid eps.  I am on a mission to make the short ribs from the salt episode.  And get her book.  If you like cooking shows, especially the Netflix ones, I cannot recommend this one enough.  Samin Nosrat is just so darn delightful and loves food and the process of cooking so much.  

Last day of work this week for me.  w00t, w00t.  So ready for a long weekend and not getting up with an alarm.  It's been a struggle.  

Looking forward to the kids being back in school next week and having my 'normal' routine.  ;)  

Re: Thirsty Thursday

• Options
    Oh and Prudie coming up.  :D 
  • Options
    I am COLD.   My fingers need to warm up as I type here in the office.   It's officially fall!

MIL had her 2nd knee replacement on Mon and she goes to rehab today.   I told DD that when she gets home we'll make her an apple pie. 

Our marina was going to have Oktoberfest this weekend but in light of the insane storms and cold it's cancelled.   I think I'm going to try my hand at making homemade spaghetti with DD.   If we're stuck inside I want to eat my way through it! 
  • Options
    Has anyone taken their phone to get the Apple replacement battery for $29? My battery dies quickly so I made an appt to do it. Hoping it doesn't take too long. I'd been debating it forever and I'm sure once I do it then my phone will die and I need a new one or something.
  • Options
    @mrsconn23, boo no purse. I responded to wed before reading this one.
    @banana468, boo no oktoberfest! Doing stuff like this late October is always a crapshot. I think our village does oktoberfest early October and sometimes late Sept!
    @kvruns, I didn't even know that was an option! Mine runs out like crazy too, but I'm due for a free updgrade just have to move all mystuff to the cloud and have no idea how!

Tonight we're finally going to see "Halloween", and already purchased hocus pocus tickets for Sunday since it's selling out fast.  That's all I have.  Costume comes in today but wont be able to try it on until 9:30 or 10:00 after the movie.

• Options
    @CharmedPam, yeah trying to do something at this time is rough and the weekend weather is supposed to be bad (so so bad).   Plus, if the wind is strong enough I wonder if they'll be spending time just getting the last of the boats out of the water. 

Oh well - I have to hope that next year the weather is better. 
  • Options
    So so tired this morning, but I still dragged myself to the gym. All of our stuff is finally at the house. H took the day off to unload everything before he leaves for the weekend. I’m just looking forward to finally sleeping in. 

Our fence should be finished this weekend! The dog is going to be so excited when he can finally run around in the yard without one of us either calling him back or being on the leash. I’m excited I don’t have to walk him quite as much because there will be so many squirrels for him to chase. 

Other than that my plans this weekend will be finally unpacking the rest of the kitchen boxes. So glamorous. 
  • Options
    Nothing new to report.  Kids are over the cold but I have this residual chest congestion. I’m fine otherwise so just waiting it out.  
  • Options

SSDD here.  I have Max's first parent teacher conference this afternoon.  Fingers crossed he passes:)

DH went into work at 12:30 this morning and still isn't home.  I hate thinking about him driving when he's so tired.  Because our fancy bed has an app I know that he only slept 2 hrs and 55 mins.  Selfishly I don't want him here this afternoon because it's my kid free day and I want to be alone this afternoon. (and I want a nap)

• Options

I finished up DDs octopus Halloween costume this morning.  I stitched the eyes onto the headband she probably will not wear!  But its officially done.  She is all ready for her daycare's Halloween parade tomorrow and I already have the cheese sticks for the party they are having too.  I had just bought a new bag of them, when she decided to stop liking them!  So it was an easy choice to provide!

Last night was fine.  I picked up DD and had to carry her to the car.  I let her roam the first floor while I cooked dinner.  She loved dinner, so that is always easy!  After dinner, we took a drive over to an ice cream place so I could use up the groupon we had.  DD was asleep by the time we got there, so mom of the year here left her in the car (its a walk up window and I could see the car from there) I just wanted to buy 2 quarts, but they didn't even have any quart containers.  They were also out of the flavor my H really likes.  But, I got us ice cream!  Then we filled up the gas tank and headed home.  H arrived a minute after we did, so he was able to help with DD.  She was so tired, she drank her milk while I changed her.  We started to read a book while she was in her crib, but by the 3rd page, she already moved onto her belly.  So we created a new ending quick and said good night.

Then it was some of the ice cream and relaxing!

Oh and for those dying to know!  H stopped at Lowes and our house on lunch yesterday and the screw for the banister came out with no problem!  LOL!  We will be borrowing a friend's plug in drill and starting attempt #4 over the weekend.  I will keep you all posted!

• Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited October 2018
    I just walked upstairs to see someone getting arrested in my neighbors backyard!
    eta because I needed to take a pic 
  • Options
    Ha.  Whoopsie!!  
  • Options
    Midterm seemingly went okay. We always feel on edge with this teacher because somehow she will yell at us about a zebra diagnosis even though the test was a classic presentation of another disease. Major eye roll. 

Last night I got home and I just felt so antsy I couldn’t sleep. So I meal prepped, did laundry, and cleaned the house. And I hand washed a bunch of stuff I’ve been putting off for weeks. FI went to the doctor on Monday and got some labs back that confirm things I’ve been telling him about how he eats and drinks, so now he’s freaking out. I want to be more sympathetic but it’s all stuff I’ve warned him about. But he never listens to me with medical stuff so now here we are. Today I plan on relaxing a little bit and going to the gym. I work tomorrow and Saturday so I don’t want to be completely burnt out (I’m already pretty much there). 

• Options
    Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited October 2018
    Today didn't get off to a great start. The weather is gray and rainy and has been all week. I woke up with a migraine and took some meds, but they haven't taken effect yet. Work is boring. Someone I don't remember sending a networking invitation to wrote back that they're not interested. (Since I don't remember it, it must have happened by accident.) A story series I proposed a while back for a website I write for got turned down. So much shit.

Okay, pity party over for today. I hope things go better from this point on.
  • Options
    I'm slowly coming down into reality.  It's so weird to not have this big ass to do and to remember list anymore.  I was looking at my calendar and it's mostly "nothing planned".  I don't even know who I am right now, which sounds silly, but it's been Varuna, President of X and CoChair of X Pride, for so long now that just being Varuna is...odd.  My FB Messenger is so quiet and so are my texts.  It's nice, but it's hard not to feel like a massive emergency is just lurking.  :D

I'm ready for Friday.  Today is the "you've put this off long enough" work day.  It's hooooooorrrrrriiiiibbbbbbllllllleeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Oh, so a friend of a friend won one of the $1million dollar tickets from the Mega Millions - with 142 other co-workers!  Friend of a friend will get about $3 - 4k after taxes and splitting their share! 
  • Options
    CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited October 2018
    Oh, so a friend of a friend won one of the $1million dollar tickets from the Mega Millions - with 142 other co-workers!  Friend of a friend will get about $3 - 4k after taxes and splitting their share! 
    Not to shabby! That's about how much a vacation costs.  Free vaca!
    *edit, depending where and how long of course- but our 5 day trip to Canada was well over $2k with flight, hotels, car rental, entertainment and food! 
    edit to the edit:  and drink.  We drank a lot!

• Options
    Wow that's cool! I mean obviously winning the $1M on your own would be better than with a ton of coworkers but still neat.