Wedding Woes

90-Day Fiance discussions

Re: 90-Day Fiance discussions

• I'm only halfway through Sunday's episode. 

There is no way Eric is 40. There is no way Ashley is 31. 

I actually cannot stand Colt and his mother. Colt constantly referring to her as "mother". Ick. Their relationship is super creepy to me. Sorry not sorry, but their house is terrible as well, and I'd hate it too. Not even a damn couch? I wonder if he took Larissa to see anything else, or just that overrated Vegas sign. 
    I think the TLC crew need to take both Colt and Jonathan to a Rooms-To-Go store before these episodes proceed any further, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm only halfway through Sunday's episode. 

There is no way Eric is 40. There is no way Ashley is 31. 

I actually cannot stand Colt and his mother. Colt constantly referring to her as "mother". Ick. Their relationship is super creepy to me. Sorry not sorry, but their house is terrible as well, and I'd hate it too. Not even a damn couch? I wonder if he took Larissa to see anything else, or just that overrated Vegas sign. 

The no couch thing was weird because he was like "i waited so we can pick one out together" so I wasn't sure if they didn't have one, or if they were getting a new one with her. idk.  I do agree the house was not my taste at all but I'd be polite enough not to tell the people
  • short+sassyshort+sassy member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited November 2018
    kvruns said:
    I agree that Steven is the most endearing so far and Colt isn't quite as weird as I thought he might be, or maybe it is just hidden with Larissa's awfulness.

Jay - ummm I'm not sure we can be friends if you like him. The taxi thing - I thought the dad was the taxi driver so he was just stopping by between pickups. 

I'll try to redeem myself a little, lol.  I wasn't trying to go so far as to say I like him.  I just already had him at a pretty low bar from all his AW video footage.  He was really obnoxious in that.  I did find him less obnoxious in this latest episode.  But that is just a matter of degrees, lol.

That does make a little more sense, assuming his dad is the taxi driver.

Edited to add:  Yeah, I think Colt only seemed slightly better in comparison to Larissa's awfulness, lol.  He and his mom are definitely still "Paul level" creepy.  I do agree with Larissa on the car without a/c.  WTF is up with that?  I don't know what time of the year this episode was shot in.  But it's regularly over 105 degrees during the day in Vegas, in the summer.  I'm circling back again to wondering about Colt and his mom's finances.

It's bad enough for a grown man to live with his mom.  But living with his mom AND too broke to fix the a/c.  Or buy another car.  Or spend $20 to buy his FI, who won't shut up about flowers, roses.  Supposedly he works f/t in IT.  Even if "IT" is an inflated term, he still shouldn't be in these kind of financial straits.  Plus, I got the impression his mom works f/t also.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I was wondering about finances too - I can't imagine a car with no AC in Vegas! The flower thing annoyed me - I forget which person was like that in previous seasons, getting mad that someone didn't bring flowers or maybe not a big enough bouquet. 
  • kvruns said:
    I was wondering about finances too - I can't imagine a car with no AC in Vegas! The flower thing annoyed me - I forget which person was like that in previous seasons, getting mad that someone didn't bring flowers or maybe not a big enough bouquet. 
    I think it was Anfisa! 
  • OK Anfisa was who I thought at first but then I was questioning myself
  • kvruns said:
    I was wondering about finances too - I can't imagine a car with no AC in Vegas! The flower thing annoyed me - I forget which person was like that in previous seasons, getting mad that someone didn't bring flowers or maybe not a big enough bouquet. 
    I think it was Anfisa! 

Yes!  Jorge brought a bouquet, but she was mad it wasn't roses.

I vaguely remember Daya (from seasons past) was also mad that her guy (forgot his name) didn't bring flowers.  She was the same one who told him, when she arrived, that she was planning to go to a jeweler and make sure he'd given her a real diamond.

And, while I also think it was dumb and petty that she was bitching about flowers...when you'd think she'd be more excited to see her long distance FI...at the same time, if it was that important to her, he should have just bought some flowers since they were right there in the vending machine.  Maybe gifts are her "love language".  She did just give up her life and spend many hours flying to start a life with him.  A $20 bouquet to perk her spirits seems like a bargain, lol.  

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited November 2018
    Daya!  That is who I was thinking Larissa reminded me of, nothing was ever good enough for her. And he had roommates she didn't like or something like that - so sort of like Colt/Paul 2.0 too. 

Re: the flowers, didn't he make a comment about how he had to wait for her arrival longer (late plane?) and therefore paid more in parking. Almost making it sound like he didnt have the $20 for the vending machine flowers. Or at least that's how I took it 
  • I’m finishing the episode and Olga and Steven shopping - I hope some was just for the show bc I can’t imagine having almost nothing when the baby is coming in a few days. I don’t think they’ve said much about her family but guessing not much help from her side either 
  • kvruns said:
    I’m finishing the episode and Olga and Steven shopping - I hope some was just for the show bc I can’t imagine having almost nothing when the baby is coming in a few days. I don’t think they’ve said much about her family but guessing not much help from her side either 

She didn't give many details, but it sounded like something happened to her parents at some point and she spent the rest of her childhood in an orphanage :(.  I think the PC term nowadays is "group home for children".  Those are bad enough in the U.S., I've heard they are horrific in Russia.  Overpopulated.  No resources.  I don't think she said what age that happened. 

On a different subject, it hit me the other day.  Isn't Samoa a territory of the U.S.?  Why would Asuelu need to go through the K-1 visa process?

And my education, ie going down the rabbit hole, began, lol.  Most of Samoa is its own country.  This is where Asuelu is from.  Then there is also American Samoa, which is an unincorporated territory of the U.S.

In this case, it doesn't matter because Asuelu is not from American Samoa anyway.  But wait.  American Samoa is the only U.S. territory where people born there, actually do not have U.S. citizenship anyway.  Craziness!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh that is right I remember that from the car ride, that would make sense. 

I totally did the same Samoa research although I stopped after realizing it wasn't American Samoa - I didn't see the part about citizenship. Seems strange to be the only territory like that. Although if I'm being honest i don't really get the whole territory thing anyway
  • S&S, I had the same thoughts about Samoa. 
  • kvruns said:
    Oh that is right I remember that from the car ride, that would make sense. 

I totally did the same Samoa research although I stopped after realizing it wasn't American Samoa - I didn't see the part about citizenship. Seems strange to be the only territory like that. Although if I'm being honest i don't really get the whole territory thing anyway

I think all the current U.S. territories came from Spain after the Spanish-American war.  In the Treaty of Paris.  I know for sure that is how we acquired Guam and Puerto Rico. 

Spain also renounced all claim to Cuba...which was the primary goal of the war from the U.S. side.  And transferred sovereignty of the Philippines to the U.S.

In a nutshell, the war was the final nail in the coffin to Spain's colonialism.

But, yeah, territories are an odd concept for those of us in the U.S. and aren't really understood.  We only have a few and I think they each have their own slightly different relationship with the US.  Plus, with the exception of Puerto Rico, they are fairly far flung and don't have large populations or economic resources.

Puerto Rico has flirted with statehood many times and I think Guam has here and there.  But I don't think any of that is recent.  There are pros and cons to being a state vs. a territory, on both sides, and the current attitude (for both) is to keep the status quo.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited November 2018
    Colt (or rather Colty Larissa says) and his mom have a joint bank account and credit cards? His mom manages his money? Yikes 

Steven andOlga — that hospital looks closed when they get there. I’m guessing it is a birthing center and not a hospital? Definitely different than what we have here. Crazy he just gets sent away 

does Leida ever take care of her own kid? I mean they seemed to leave him in the car at the cabin and then she does nothing to help when they bring him in and he’s grumpy 
  • Kalani also needs to cut the umbilical cord. She seems to live off her parents and the fact she quit her job bc Asuelu was coming?? You need money for the visa stuff let alone normal stuff. I like how they’re all going to UT together 
  • Omg the old dude has a twin bed in the master?!?!?!
  • short+sassyshort+sassy member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited November 2018

Kalani and Asuelu -- I'm also heavily side-eying that Kalani quit her job.  Apparently it's just expected that her parents will support her, her soon-to-be new H, and the baby they brought into this world with no means of supporting him.  Awesome.  Good chance there is going to be some government assistance also involved, before too long.  Even if it is just WIC (food).

-------------------------

Eric and Leida -- I don't like either one of them.  There is just something "off" with them.  They each have something "off" in their own personalities and there definitely isn't something right about their relationship.  Though I don't blame Leida for being pissed off when she got to his house.  It was a sloppy mess and, yeah, I don't know many adults who have a twin bed.  Especially when he knows his new FI is coming to live with him.  Seriously, go down to the local Goodwill and spend $50-$100 on a refurbed queen-size mattress.

And, if her parents are so wealthy, why didn't they book their own lodgings?  Is that a cultural thing?  Or is it more "made-up" TLC drama?  And WHY, on God's green earth, is everyone even hanging out in PA to begin with?  This guy lives in Wisconsin (I think).  I'm sure they could have flown into Chicago...or an even closer airport...just as easily as NYC.  I even looked at a map, lol.  Wondering, "Maybe Wisconsin isn't as far from NYC as I'm thinking it is?"  Nope, it's far!  Roughly a 9-hour drive.  And you literally drive right through Chicago, lol.

---------------------------

Jonathan and Fernanda -- Her immaturity was sure showing again on this episode!  That girl needs to grow up and get a grip on her irrational jealousy.  I'm not saying she didn't have a right to (maybe) be annoyed at what she saw and have a word with Jonathan about it.  But practically getting into a physical altercation and melting into a pile of angry sobs was extreme.

Ashley and Jay -- Well, then.  Isn't she just the little bridezilla.  SO glad I'm not one of her BMs, lol.  Apparently this is the 2nd or 3rd time they've been shelling out money for a BM dress.  And she seemed to just throw away her longest friendship with her BFF like it was nothing.  To be fair, maybe there was a lot more to it that went on "off camera".  But the show sure made it look like Jay wah-wah'ed that the BFF was mean/unfair to him and Ashley needed to cut her out of her life.  So she did.

----------------------------

Colt and Larissa -- I liked his mom a little better after seeing her on the Tell-All.  But she's deluding herself if she actually thinks they have a normal mother-son relationship.  Apparently she doesn't work.  Yikes!  Sorry for you, Larissa.  That pretty much guarantees Colt's mom will always be your roomie and a drain on yours and Colt's finances.  The mother also explained further on the Tell-All that, although they have one joint account they use for mutual expenses, they also each have their own accounts.

Did you all hear that Larissa was arrested in a domestic disturbance the day before Sunday's episode and the Tell-All?  There weren't a lot of details.  But it sounds like Larissa suffers from depression and will sometimes act irrationally.  Her and Colt were in a fight (I don't think a physical one) and he took her phone away, because she was videoing their altercation.  So the video feed was gone but, on her Instagram, she was calling for help.  And people called the police.  Considering she was the only one who got arrested, I know there must have been more to it than that.

-----------------------------

Steven and Olga -- I know he is young and this will be more of a challenge for him.  But he needs to learn to roll with the punches better.  And, especially considering he is marrying a woman from a very different country/culture, he needs to be more sensitive to that.  While I can certainly understand he wants to be in the delivery room, I felt like he was putting his need above hers.  She was already nervous and scared.  And his fretting and being upset that he might not be allowed to be there for the birth was just stressing her out more.  Quite frankly, she didn't seem that concerned if he was in the delivery room or not.  Because that's not how it is done in that culture anyway.  So he needed to STFU, at least in her presence, and fight with the hospital outside of her hearing.  

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kvruns said:
    Colt (or rather Colty Larissa says) and his mom have a joint bank account and credit cards? His mom manages his money? Yikes 

Steven andOlga — that hospital looks closed when they get there. I’m guessing it is a birthing center and not a hospital? Definitely different than what we have here. Crazy he just gets sent away 

does Leida ever take care of her own kid? I mean they seemed to leave him in the car at the cabin and then she does nothing to help when they bring him in and he’s grumpy 
    Ummm...come on, @kvruns...she has people for that.  Oh wait.  That's back home in Indonesia, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ok so I finally binge watched a few episodes when I had the day off.  

Steven and Olga - during last week's episode, they go shopping for baby and they spend 1,000 rubles.  He asks if that is a lot and she says "kind of."  Out of curiosity, I googled the exchange rate and it was $14.75!!!!!!!  I was SHOCKED.  

I also saw the thing about Larissa being arrested.  I am not sure I believe Colty and she is the one with the issues.  I just hope that everyone is safe.

Also, if TLC insists on now making these shows 3 hours each week, I may have to jump off the train.  I don't think I can commit to that each week.  

• Ro041 said:
    Ok so I finally binge watched a few episodes when I had the day off.  

Steven and Olga - during last week's episode, they go shopping for baby and they spend 1,000 rubles.  He asks if that is a lot and she says "kind of."  Out of curiosity, I googled the exchange rate and it was $14.75!!!!!!!  I was SHOCKED.  

I also saw the thing about Larissa being arrested.  I am not sure I believe Colty and she is the one with the issues.  I just hope that everyone is safe.

Also, if TLC insists on now making these shows 3 hours each week, I may have to jump off the train.  I don't think I can commit to that each week.  

Now I'm just disappointed in myself.  I look up exchange rates all the time at my job, though not rubles.  I can't believe I didn't think to do that, lol.  Definitely puts it in more perspective (eye roll).  But then, Steven doesn't seem like the kind of guy to have any idea what rubles are worth, even though he had just traveled to that country.

Funny enough, I look up Indonesian Rupiah all the time.  Because the jobsite for the project I'm on is in Indonesia.  But that's the other couple, lol.

So, I'll say again.  If some of the guys I work with can go from little ole' NOLA to a remote island in Indonesia a few times a year, then I know Eric/TLC could have found a much more convenient means of travel to Wisconsin than NYC with a 9-hour drive, lmao.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I looked up the exchange rate on that too - no way in hell the car seat was $14 so I was super confused (I'm pretty sure the car seat was the 1000 rubles item). I wondered if it was weird editing and it was for a different item?

And agree on the 3 hours. I haven't even finished the most recent one because I was like wtf how is it 3 hours

S+S - I think they said the drive is 15 hours. We drove from Indy to NYC (and back) and I think it was around 10 hours each way. WI would be further unless there is some way to cut through Canada and go that way? But yea Chicago would make WAYYYYY more sense 
  • kvruns said:
    I looked up the exchange rate on that too - no way in hell the car seat was $14 so I was super confused (I'm pretty sure the car seat was the 1000 rubles item). I wondered if it was weird editing and it was for a different item?

And agree on the 3 hours. I haven't even finished the most recent one because I was like wtf how is it 3 hours

S+S - I think they said the drive is 15 hours. We drove from Indy to NYC (and back) and I think it was around 10 hours each way. WI would be further unless there is some way to cut through Canada and go that way? But yea Chicago would make WAYYYYY more sense 

Yikes, even worse!  I hadn't realized they'd covered it was a 15-hour drive.

I had been giving it the benefits of the doubt.  Like, using the closest points between PA and WI.  Nor taking into account that a big group, with a baby, is going to be stopping way more often than I would.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I was a Steven fan until he turned into a complete ass in the hospital when it was time to take the baby home. While I think it is rooted in wanting to be with the baby talking to Olga like that would not fly with me and if I were her I’d say leave the baby and go back home 
  • Kalani and Asuelu - ignoring taking the baby out while they are driving. They stop to stay in a hotel but re-emerge in the same clothes despite having a car full of stuff (presumably) since they are moving to Utah. And they get in the car and an hour later are at the house - really? You stop at a hotel an hour Away?

and Asuelu says condoms are for “slut people” but yet him having a one night stand or hookup doesn’t put him in that category bc he was dumb and didn’t use protection. Whaaaa?

• Leida - wow did she stand up against her family for Eric? Woah! The whole intervention was kind of crappy although also a bit staged I think. I do wonder if Eric really has no money or chooses to live in the bare basics to save $
  • I'm no longer a fan of Steven. How he behaved after the baby was born really weirded me out. Also, how many kilometers does the baby weigh? 

Maybe Kalani and Asuelu stayed in a hotel because they arrived too late at night and didn't want to disturb her brother? His whole "slut" thing about the condoms - YIKES. 
  • Yea Steven really changed in this episode. He suddenly became controlling and just an all around dick which is definitely not good for a house with a newborn. Part of me thinks some of it is anxiety that manifests as anger but regardless of what it is, yikes. 
  • Potential spoiler:

I just read an article from a week ago saying Larissa has 2 kids back in Brazil??
  • kvruns said:
    Potential spoiler:

I just read an article from a week ago saying Larissa has 2 kids back in Brazil??
    WHAT?!?!