Wedding Woes

Wake up, wake up, wake up...It's the 1st of the mooonnnthhh!

Also, the holidays are coming!

But first, how was Halloween?  If you had ghouls and goblins, did they bring in a good haul?  Don't forget the parent tax. :)

We had a good time last night.  It did start raining toward the end.  

We were going to try to go to a bball game for our anniversary this weekend, but crappy tickets were $$$ and good tickets were $$$$$.   So we're going down to one of my fave areas of downtown and hitting up a late improv show at my fave theater.  I think it will be way more fun.  ;)  Live comedy is one of my favorite things. 

Other than that SSDD.  Looking forward to wrapping up the week.  Prudie coming up.  

Re: Wake up, wake up, wake up...It's the 1st of the mooonnnthhh!

• I cannot believe it's November already! 

I'm hosting Thanksgiving this year, and I still have about 8 maybes. So, it will either be really small, or really big. Honestly, I'm hoping it's small this year. 

We went out to dinner w/ my brother and his fiance last night. They formally asked me and my H to be in the wedding party with some cute gifts. I got a stemless champagne glass, which I will most definitely be using! I'm also really excited that H and I get to be in a wedding together! 
  • Happy early anniversary, mrs.conn! How long?

We had one group of kids take the whole bowl full of candy on our stoop. But I didn't fill it all the way for that exact reason. We got rid of most of the candy I bought, so that was nice. I was hoping we'd get a straggler kid or two after the official time stopped so I could give them all the leftovers. 

H's new tattoo is infected. He has to get shots in his ass for the next few days. I feel like it's my fault because the tattoo is on his foot and I told him that I hope it falls off (I have a pretty big foot phobia and this tattoo on his already gross foot super grosses me out). So, yeah, I'm apparently pretty powerful. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • How is it November already??  We had one kid for TorT last night.  He lives across the hall with his mom and we had told them to stop by.  He's in Kindergarten and was the Red Power Ranger (Glad he told us because we are clueless on those things).  

Otherwise, I spent the night catching up on RHoOC on the dvr.  I'm telling ya, if those women didn't drink, there wouldn't be any drama!  

Trying to settle into my new job.  It's a new position so the job description is very vague and everyone seems to have an opinion on what I should be doing.  Things are better this week and I have some specific things to focus on so that helps.  Also trying to get a better understanding of the guy I'm working with but he definitely has some trust issues.
  • MNNEBride said:

Otherwise, I spent the night catching up on RHoOC on the dvr.  I'm telling ya, if those women didn't drink, there wouldn't be any drama!  
    This season has been a little boring, but they've made up for it in Jamaica.  I so want to cheer for Shannon, but she's just...ugh...so negative.  I hate that Tamra's right about that.  ;) Kelly has redeemed herself this season. 
  • mrsconn23 said:
    MNNEBride said:

This season has been a little boring, but they've made up for it in Jamaica.  I so want to cheer for Shannon, but she's just...ugh...so negative.  I hate that Tamra's right about that.  ;) Kelly has redeemed herself this season. 
    I agree.  Kelly has gotten better through this season and I'm glad we've moved past her being all butt hurt over Vickie and her guy still getting together with Kelly's ex.  Shannon does need to get some perspective on the positive things happening and stop dwelling on the negative.  She and David weren't civil at the end of their marriage so I'm don't know why she expected they would be during the divorce.  
  • mrsconn23 said:
    MNNEBride said:

Totally about about Shannon and Kelly. I want to root for Shannon, but she is clearly miserable and taking it out on her friends. And she does sound like an exhausting friend, always taking and not giving. 
    I also feel that Kelly has redeemed herself. I'm loving her this season. 
  • FUUUUCCCCKKKK 2018 right in the goddamn eye. 

Mom just called to tell me my grandma had a major brain aneurysm and will not make it.  :( Damn, my poor mom is really being put through the wringer.  She said she had to call my other sister and then her doctors to see if she can be released go to TX ASAP.   This sucks so hard. 
  • Oh, no, mrs.conn I am so sorry. I wish there was more I could say. Hugs. <3
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • We don't get trick or treaters on my block.  I didn't get home until 7:30 anyway.  I usually try to have one bag of candy, jic.  But didn't have time to do that this year so it is just as well, lol.

More stupid f**kery on that MS special project.  Another e-mail this morning that the scheduler had miscalculated and we still need ANOTHER 16 shops.  But she "opened up" the shops for the food category so we would have an easier time getting them done.  So, let me get this straight.  She could have opened those up all along and DIDN'T.  Even after I told her that I was being given no choice but to venture into a high crime neighborhood, because only far flung motels were left.  I'm a bit pissed all over again.  But, whatever, at least these are worthwhile now, so I will do some more tonight.

At least work is going well today.  I got all the annoying stuff done yesterday.  The weekend needs to hurry up and come.  This will be my first weekend in almost a month where I don't need to be running around doing mystery shops, lol.  I am REALLY looking forward to lounging around!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh MrsConn. I am so sorry.
  • I am so very sorry @mrsconn23. Giant hugs. 
  • Oh @mrsconn23 I’m so sorry. 2018 is the worst. 
  • Oh @mrsconn23. I’m so so sorry. 

• I'm so sorry @mrsconn23.

ToTing last night went well.  Friends of ours hosted w/ pizza and drinks and we walked their neighborhood.   It was a great time with no meltdowns and kids who slept SOUNDLY last night.   The use of a wagon was KEY.   Chiquita is out of wagon mode but Chiquito needed it and it allowed him to keep up with the big kids. 

I think I'm starting to move past my sore throat which is good.   I think the flask of bourbon while ToTing plus Advil helped me along.  

• I’m so sorry to hear that @mrsconn23

Today is the nicest day I’ve had in a while. It’s All Saints Day, so the Catholic high schools in our diocese are closed (including the one I work at), but the elementary schools (including my kids’ school) are open.  I went to mass and could actually listen to the homily.  I took a leisurely stroll around Target without any tantrums.  I jogged a few laps at the nearby park without breaking up any fights over who’s using the bike and who’s using the scooter.  I’m as relaxed as if I’d just had a spa day :)
  • @mrsconn23, what an awful thing to happen to your family.  Especially right now after everything your mom just went through.  I'm so sorry ((hugs)).  I hope your mom's dr. feels she is well enough to travel.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @mrsconn23, I'm so sorry.  T & Ps for you and your whole family.
  • Sorry to hear that MrsConn :( 
  • So sorry to hear that @mrsconn23! Safe travels for your mom and I hope she does well during the trip. I know you will worry about her.
  • Thinking of you and your family @mrsconn23 - I'm sorry it's been such a rough year for you all.
  • Yes, so sorry for everything going on with your family, Mrs. Conn. Try to take one day at a time. It's hard when things keep hitting you back to back, but you all will get thorough it. Hang in there and safe travels to your Mom. Happy Anniversary too.