Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Decisions to make for wedding day hair/makeup

Hello everyone!
We all know a bad hair day on the wedding day is really not an option. So how do you all go about deciding what type of stylist to select?  For me, sole proprietors are risky - -(i.e., a person who works for themselves / by themselves, versus a shop of stylists / nail technicians?. . We know things come up (illness / death in family) and my biggest fear is, some unforeseen event may come up, that will pre-empt my  favorite hair stylist from doing my wedding day hair (she works by herself for the most part) 

This is especially at the forefront of my mind when I have had several Atlanta area stylists cancel appts, due to whatever emergency came up (at the time it was no big deal - -but I makes me think, what if this was the weekend of my wedding?)

I'm beginning to think perhaps I should book with stylists who work out of a larger shop with other stylists, in case something last minute comes up, perhaps other stylists can rotate in, and provide service.  

What do you all think?

Re: Decisions to make for wedding day hair/makeup

• I think this is really depending on your local area. 

That said, I booked with a salon and then a stylist within the salon.   I do like the idea that there's a theoretical backup plan by going with a business that has multiple employees. 
  • Hello everyone!
    We all know a bad hair day on the wedding day is really not an option. So how do you all go about deciding what type of stylist to select?  For me, sole proprietors are risky - -(i.e., a person who works for themselves / by themselves, versus a shop of stylists / nail technicians?. . We know things come up (illness / death in family) and my biggest fear is, some unforeseen event may come up, that will pre-empt my  favorite hair stylist from doing my wedding day hair (she works by herself for the most part) 

This is especially at the forefront of my mind when I have had several Atlanta area stylists cancel appts, due to whatever emergency came up (at the time it was no big deal - -but I makes me think, what if this was the weekend of my wedding?)

I'm beginning to think perhaps I should book with stylists who work out of a larger shop with other stylists, in case something last minute comes up, perhaps other stylists can rotate in, and provide service.  

What do you all think?
    I think if having a backup is a bigger priority for you than using a specific stylist then you should definitely book through a salon.
  • DD booked with a stylist at a larger shop that could also accommodate make up applications.  She asked for stylists that specialized in up-do's and had a trial to make sure they both had the same expectations.  Just make sure that the shop(s) you are considering can accommodate the timing you will require.  Some shops do not have early Sunday hours, or may not open early enough if you have an early start to your wedding day.
  • edited February 26
    It's understandable to prioritize reliability for your wedding day hair. Considering stylists from larger shops could offer backup options in case of emergencies, providing peace of mind. What are your thoughts on this approach?
  • This is an old thread. Please check the dates before responding. @knotmod please close this thread.