Nevada-Las Vegas

Pre-Wedding Meet and Greet Ideas?

We are getting married In April 2018 at the Flamingo and are considering holding an optional meet and greet/welcome party the night before our wedding in lieu of a rehearsal dinner or bachelor and bachelorette parties.  

We will have approximately 20 guests and figure this is a way we get a chance to see most people without having to organize a bunch of events during our time in Vegas or have people feel obligated to spend their entire vacation with us.

We were thinking of renting a few lanes at the bowling alley at the Linq or going to a bar for happy hour.  We want to keep it low-keyed and casual and our budget for this is small.  

What ideas do you have for a budget friendly meet and greet/welcome party?

Re: Pre-Wedding Meet and Greet Ideas?

• Unfortunately the pricing is going to be crazy anywhere that's walking distance from there, and going off strip means everyone needs transportation.

If you're already getting married at Flamingo, and likely staying there, perhaps your wedding coordinator would have some tips on arranging something at Carlos & Charlies on-site?  That's really the only on-site bar option.

Margaritaville is an absolute rip off for group events so that's almost a non-starter unless you are having the event on an unusual day and could maybe get away with just trying to take over as many tables as you can in the same area and then handing out cash for everyone's tab.  Unfortunately their group dining rates are almost 3x normal price, so they would not be good otherwise.

Is an in-suite an option?  For example, they have some huge suites that are not on the normal website.  I stayed in 27-128 (habitat tower) two months ago and it was massive; you could easily have 20 guests partying in there.  It has a formal dining table, two couches, powder bath, wet bar, etc. and private bedroom.  Then just bring your own booze and problem solved.  I'm attaching a pic.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Hey thanks for the response!  About half of our guests are staying on Fremont Street and the other half on the strip so we are open to ideas for both locations.  Are there any good options on Fremont Street?
  • Hash House down on Fremont may be an option that is not too expensive for a group meal/drinks.

• if you don't want to break the bank, head to a lounge early and get some seats!  I like Blue Martini and Dueling Pianos on the strip!
  • Yes, I think heading to the lounge early will be a plus point for you.
  • Umm she got married eight months ago.