Wedding Woes

Thursday!

Prudie day.  YAY! 

Watched the first episode of season 2 of Marvelous Mrs. Maisel last night. DH dropped in on season 2 with me and loves it.  The kiddo even came down and watched with us and liked it.  :D  

Also got some sleep after excellent BCBC last night.  

The week is almost over.  Next week is going to be crazy, but looking forward to having all the things to do.  ;) 

Re: Thursday!

• Yay for Prudie Day!

H called me a little bit ago and he's in the area so we're going to have lunch together. It'll be nice to see him because I'm particularly annoyed at my coworkers today. 

Not much else going on. BIL came by yesterday and was like, "Oh did you hear the Stones are touring? I've always wanted to see them." I'm like, "Uh, yes, I heard. My AmEx card currently has a $4,000 balance because of this." But I feel bad that I didn't know he'd want to go because he could have come with us to the second show. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • SSC how much were the tickets? Or did you buy a bunch of them?
  • kvruns said:
    SSC how much were the tickets? Or did you buy a bunch of them?

STUCK

I bought a bunch and everyone owes me money. My sister and I got VIP for the first night (not even the most expensive VIP) and they were $1,000 a piece. Then the second night I got 8 tickets at $166 each. So the $4K was an exaggeration but not by a ton. LOL

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Congrats on a great semester, Levioosa!! 
  • Rockstars.  They always get our money!
    I need to see season 2, @mrsconn23, ah you just stressed me out with my growing list of shows I have to watch!  But end up coming home to watch family feud and cooking competitions.

Last night I stayed a bit late and made the admin worry that I'm so busy.  I wasn't busy.  It was just easier to plan an upcoming vacation while at work.  Towards the end of the work day my friend asked if I wanted to go to Prague.  I'm like. Sure.  I thought it was a rhetorical question like....ever want to go to Prague? She shows me a link to an amazing price and I said "wait, you're serious?".  Find out she wants to go but her hubby doesn't and doesn't want her to travel alone.  And I agree with him.  I tell her to book it.  She says...I feel like you should sleep on this.  Get back to me tomorrow?  I'm like "nope. I love to travel. book it!" I had to log in our HR system and double check my hours because the only thing holding me back is lack of vacation.  This morning i mapped out my days off and should still have a few days to play with this year to make long weekend trips that I want to.  

And then I found out about this stupid "6 month validity rule" with the passport, and both my upcoming international trips are within my passport expiration but within 6 months of travel dates so now I gotta renew. stat. 

• levioosa said:
    I’m done with my semester! Finally! I ended up with a preliminary 90.8% in the class and I got a 91% on my final so I barely squeaked by with an A-   I’ve no idea how that happened. Every test and quiz was sudden death this semester. I’m so glad it’s over. 

Today FSIL and I are hanging out. It’s still raining here which is nice. It makes it seem so wintery (Southern California winter lol). I have work tomorrow. A good friend asked me to go on a weekend trip with her but it seems unlikely I’ll be able to go since the odds of being canceled tomorrow are slim. 
    You. Are. Amazing!  Celebrate! 

• And then I found out about this stupid "6 month validity rule" with the passport, and both my upcoming international trips are within my passport expiration but within 6 months of travel dates so now I gotta renew. stat. 
    Glad you figured out the passport thing now. A former coworker didn't know abut that rule and she found out at the airport when they were supposed to be leaving for their vacation. They ended up booking some last minute beach vacation while still in the airport - can only imagine how much that cost.
  • So much fun stuff going on in the WW world today.  Though my day is boring, lol.

@levioosa, congrats on some well deserved time off now that the semester is over.  And great work on the awesome grades!

@CharmedPam, Wow!  A trip to Prague out of nowhere!  Sounds like it must have been an extra good value for you and your coworker to jump on it.  Fun!

@banana468, congrats to Chiquita!  I'd be super excited also.  Even as an adult, lol.

I have a busy day at work.  So many monthly reports to get done, so little time.  I dropped my truck off at Firestone this morning to replace the two front tires.  The front passenger one is in bad shape.  It shakes a little when I go around a sharp turn and I've had to refill it with more air twice, over the last two weeks.  They already have it done and I'm picking it back up at lunch.  The location is a short walk from my work.  So at least it is super convenient.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kvruns said:

And then I found out about this stupid "6 month validity rule" with the passport, and both my upcoming international trips are within my passport expiration but within 6 months of travel dates so now I gotta renew. stat. 
    Glad you figured out the passport thing now. A former coworker didn't know abut that rule and she found out at the airport when they were supposed to be leaving for their vacation. They ended up booking some last minute beach vacation while still in the airport - can only imagine how much that cost.
    right? My friend was on the phone with the travel company and they mentioned that during her "hold time" and she's like "ever hear of that?" and I'm like "no! why have an expiration date if it's really not an expiration date then?". Her husband told her it was something everyone just knows.  I beg to differ. But yeah I have enough time for a regular renew, fortunately. 

• kvruns said:

What is this rule?  That if a passport is within 6 months of the expiration date, it has to be renewed before international travel?  If I'm understanding that correctly, it sounds incredibly stupid and ridiculous.  Nothing like an exp. date not really being the exp. date.

Random fun fact about passports.  There are only a handful of locations in the U.S. where citizens can get an expedited passport, in person.  Somewhere in the 8-12 locations range, but I forget the exact number.  And New Orleans happens to be one of them.  Which I found surprising because we aren't that big of a city.  It's not the same day, but it's only 3 days.  The other rule is the travel has to be imminent (with proof) to use these locations.  One of my coworkers used that special office when she and her H booked an impromptu trip to Punta Cana.

Off the top of my head, Atlanta, NYC, and D.C. were three of the other cities that have one of these special passport locations.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Congrats @levioosa! And congrats to Chiquita @banana468
    Beyond busy at work yesterday - five parents “popped in” without appointments to discuss their kids- it’s not near the end of the quarter, all completely different reasons..just a random bombardment lol.  Although so far today is much calmer.  
    Took the kids to our beach’s holiday lights show last night- it was beautiful.  Going to start this weekend’s Christmas Cookie Decorating Party Prep tonight.
  • kvruns said:

right? My friend was on the phone with the travel company and they mentioned that during her "hold time" and she's like "ever hear of that?" and I'm like "no! why have an expiration date if it's really not an expiration date then?". Her husband told her it was something everyone just knows.  I beg to differ. But yeah I have enough time for a regular renew, fortunately. 
    I had no idea.  I need to check our passports when I get home.
  • last week my mom booked her ticket to come here, only to discover her passport expired in April, lol. So she had to expedite it but it is still slightly delayed because of Bush. 
    Re: 6 month validity. It depends on where you are going. Not all places have this rule. Countries just want to ensure that you will be able to leave before they let you in the country.

@mrsconn23 I love that show. It is so good!
    congrats to @levioosa on Aceing the semester, to @CharmedPam on spontaneous travel (and I am jealous because Prague is on my wish list), to @climbingwife on completed siding and @banana468 ‘s Chiquita for excellent drawing skills.

I thought today was Wednesday until about an hour ago. So did DH so surprise weekend for us, lol. 
  • last week my mom booked her ticket to come here, only to discover her passport expired in April, lol. So she had to expedite it but it is still slightly delayed because of Bush. 
    Re: 6 month validity. It depends on where you are going. Not all places have this rule. Countries just want to ensure that you will be able to leave before they let you in the country.

congrats to @levioosa on Aceing the semester, to @CharmedPam on spontaneous travel (and I am jealous because Prague is on my wish list), to @climbingwife on completed siding and @banana468 ‘s Chiquita for excellent drawing skills.

I thought today was Wednesday until about an hour ago. So did DH so surprise weekend for us, lol. 
    oh man, and I've been thinking it was Friday for the last three days in a row. :)

and that's true, not all countries abide by it.  I didn't see Austria/Czech Republic on it...(we're also going to Vienna) but my friend said she did?  Bahamas is, and I'll be going to Nassau even before that! I'm still going to play it safe. But yeah passports are only valid 9.5 years people! 

oh man, and I've been thinking it was Friday for the last three days in a row. :)

and that's true, not all countries abide by it.  I didn't see Austria/Czech Republic on it...(we're also going to Vienna) but my friend said she did?  Bahamas is, and I'll be going to Nassau even before that! I'm still going to play it safe. But yeah passports are only valid 9.5 years people! 

Thanks, the two of you!  That makes more sense then.  It's not so much the U.S. requiring that, it's other countries.

But really good info to know!  Yikes.  I'm sure there are a lot of people every year who discover that rude awakening too late. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Is anyone else having trouble posting on TK?

I'm having a new problem I haven't experienced before, smh.  I'll start typing a post and then it's like the post gets locked up.  I can't type anything further.  I can't go back to another word and change anything.  I seem to be able to "Save the Draft", refresh the page, and then it works again.  It's already happened a few times today.  I'm not having this problem with anything outside of this website so, I don't think it is me or my equipment.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Sooooo the latest iPhone update killed my phone. I am so mad at them. It doesn’t recognize itself as an audio device so I can’t make/ receive phones, make voice notes, etc. I am using DH’s old phone for the time being but anyone have a recommendation for a new phone? I think my last one was a galaxy. Are those still good?
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2018

Stupid holiday shop at the school.  We did it last year because parents BEGGED for it. Then when the time came nobody volunteered.  This year we said we'd only do it if someone chaired it and parents asked for it.  The chairperson is AWFUL and yet again nobody wants to volunteer.  I didn't even sign up last night and spent 2 hrs on set up.  Signed up for 2 hrs this morning and felt bad for the kids so stayed for 3. 

sidenote: We had more than one kid come in with $50+ for crap selling at a quarter-$10!  WTF?!  

This text exchange with dh made me laugh, but now I’m going to be worried until he comes out  (the blacked out is his company’s name).  That picture was huge and had bad language.  Sorry.  Basically he might get stuck in a boiler:)

• I’m exhausted. It snowed so much last night, the commute was LONG this morning then I had a 3.5 training. I’ve got a ton of work to do and little time to do it. (I’m eating my lunch now and I’ll be damned if I miss out on Prudie). Cannot wait for the weekend!
  • short+sassyshort+sassy member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2018
    We've been back to more cooler, winter temps this week.  But, over the weekend, I had to put the a/c back on.  It was Dec. 1st and 2nd and temps were in the high 70s.  That just felt wrong! lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kvruns said:

it is only for certain countries too. I'd never heard of it until my coworker went through it

Thanks, the two of you!  That makes more sense then.  It's not so much the U.S. requiring that, it's other countries.

But really good info to know!  Yikes.  I'm sure there are a lot of people every year who discover that rude awakening too late. 

It is always a good idea to check the visa requirements before traveling. As US citizens, most places will grant a visa on arrival but some require submission of forms before hand. You will generally find out other useful information, like restrictions on passports.
  • Is anyone else having trouble posting on TK?

I'm having a new problem I haven't experienced before, smh.  I'll start typing a post and then it's like the post gets locked up.  I can't type anything further.  I can't go back to another word and change anything.  I seem to be able to "Save the Draft", refresh the page, and then it works again.  It's already happened a few times today.  I'm not having this problem with anything outside of this website so, I don't think it is me or my equipment.

I just "deleted" a post for glitch issues.  Another was being unable to upload photos, regardless of format.  It used to be so simple.  Every time I thought I cancelled/deleted my post, it would post anyway.
    We just got the announcement that the last TWO weeks of school prior to break will be "spirit" days, which means JEANS!  As long as you participate in the theme, you can wear jeans.  Thus far, the only day I will have to pass is Hat Day.  I loathe things on my head, including head-bands.  I may have to pass on "ugly sweater day" as well.  DD made me toss a lot of that stuff years ago.  I will not piss away money buying one, and with my luck, what I would wear as a joke would probably be someone's "real" holiday wear.  I would die!
  • MobKaz said:

Is anyone else having trouble posting on TK?

I just "deleted" a post for glitch issues.  Another was being unable to upload photos, regardless of format.  It used to be so simple.  Every time I thought I cancelled/deleted my post, it would post anyway.
    We just got the announcement that the last TWO weeks of school prior to break will be "spirit" days, which means JEANS!  As long as you participate in the theme, you can wear jeans.  Thus far, the only day I will have to pass is Hat Day.  I loathe things on my head, including head-bands.  I may have to pass on "ugly sweater day" as well.  DD made me toss a lot of that stuff years ago.  I will not piss away money buying one, and with my luck, what I would wear as a joke would probably be someone's "real" holiday wear.  I would die!

I saw the BEST ugly sweater at Walmart the other day.  And by "the best", I mean the worst, lol.  It was actually a sweater dress.  A-lined and meant to make the wearer look like a Christmas tree.  Main color green, but with knitted garland.  The hem and ends of the arms was that thick, white fluffy fringe.  Different colored large pom-poms dotted the dress to be the ornaments.  It was hilarious.  I tried to find it on their website to post a link, but couldn't find it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Rockstars.  They always get our money!
    I need to see season 2, @mrsconn23, ah you just stressed me out with my growing list of shows I have to watch!  But end up coming home to watch family feud and cooking competitions.

Last night I stayed a bit late and made the admin worry that I'm so busy.  I wasn't busy.  It was just easier to plan an upcoming vacation while at work.  Towards the end of the work day my friend asked if I wanted to go to Prague.  I'm like. Sure.  I thought it was a rhetorical question like....ever want to go to Prague? She shows me a link to an amazing price and I said "wait, you're serious?".  Find out she wants to go but her hubby doesn't and doesn't want her to travel alone.  And I agree with him.  I tell her to book it.  She says...I feel like you should sleep on this.  Get back to me tomorrow?  I'm like "nope. I love to travel. book it!" I had to log in our HR system and double check my hours because the only thing holding me back is lack of vacation.  This morning i mapped out my days off and should still have a few days to play with this year to make long weekend trips that I want to.  

Prague is amazing!!!  My sister lives there so we've been a bunch of times.  If you're looking for recommendations for anything, let me know!
  • Casadena said:
    Rockstars.  They always get our money!

Prague is amazing!!!  My sister lives there so we've been a bunch of times.  If you're looking for recommendations for anything, let me know!

• Casadena said:
    Rockstars.  They always get our money!

I totally will!  Funny because it was not very high on my travel list but she’s so much fun and it’ll be a fun trip.  Its only 3 days in each - Prague and Vienna but we’ll pack lots in. We’e staying close by the market square.  Any must go to places to eat (lets get to the point.  The reason why i tracel).