Favors
Options

Elopement Witness Gifts?

Hi all,
My partner and I are planning on eloping next summer, and bringing my mum and his older brother along as our witnesses.
I was thinking I'd like to get them a little something each as a thank you for coming up to the elopement, and for being our witnesses.
I'm looking for ideas on what to get them? A favour-type gift doesn't seem right, but I don't know if I should go for something that marks the occasion a little bit, or just go for a regular "they would really like this" gift and a thank you card.
Any advice?
Thank you!

Re: Elopement Witness Gifts?

• Options
    I agree with Lisa, a nice meal (fancy or not) after the ceremony would be appropriate. If you would like to gift them something beyond that shop for them like it was their birthday. 
  • Options
    I agree with PPs. 

Did you scrap the mom's backyard wedding idea?
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    Thank you guys, that makes sense. :) A nice meal and a little something they'd like. 
  • Options
    We did end up scrapping the backyard wedding idea, and I'm really glad. Eloping is proving a lot easier, and a lot cheaper. 
    Good for you!! It's so easy to get caught up in what you "should" do, rather than what you want to do. 

Congrats!!!
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever