Wedding Woes

Boxing Day Wednesday

Who is back in the office this week? 

Re: Boxing Day Wednesday

• edited December 2018
    I'm here. 4 days off and I come back to only 4 emails that actually have some work attached. I'm going back into my super slow boring as shit season (3/4 of the year) and I'm not looking forward to it. 

I hope everyone had a great Christmas!

IDK when I turned into an old Italian grandma, but I made twice as much food as I needed to. I've been cooking and baking since Friday night. We had two entire leftover lasagnas. IDK WTF I'm gunna do with those since they're already cooked. And I gave away cookies to everyone I could and left them everywhere I went and still came home with like 4 dozen. Plus the dozens of sugar cookies we still have in the garage because the glaze didn't set so we didn't serve them to other people. 

I'm just glad H is off work today so he can finish the dishes and cleanup.

UGHHHHH and my annoying coworker who was supposed to be off today came in. I asked her why she was here and she doesn't know. Pretty sure she forgot she had the day off. Pretty sure she also came in on Monday when we were closed. So much for my Christmas gift. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2018
    Me -- after I take my computer to a shop for repairs.
  • I'm here. I wish we'd just close for this week. It's so slow, and most of our vendors are closed as well. 
  • America needs boxing day off too!  Petition.org here I come!  I had a very relaxing low key Christmas.  I don’t have a big family to begin with and they’re scattered everywhere anyway.  The 24th would have been my FIL’s 92nd birthday, and the first Christmas without him so we got texts and phone calls from H’s side of thr family.  His christmas gifts were memoriums to him and they did a lot to remember him.  It was nice to see.

me, on Christmas:  it’s Christmas.  But no reason to go hog wild and ruin your diet. Stay focused, Pam.  Eat healthy. 
    also, me on christmas:  it’s christmas!  It’s just one day.  Go hog wild!

ssc - lasagna freezes well!

• Technically I am back in the office today, because our boss told us we should take turns covering the office in pairs - for half days. Today is my day to work 9-noon, then I am done until after the new year without having to take any actual vacation. (This works because I was gonna be in town and could take the least popular day, so I don't have to do any of the others.)
  • There are only about 10-15 of us in the office today and presumably the rest of the week. I'm the only one in my section of the office

I like it being slow/quiet. I have work that needs to be done that I've been putting off for at least a week but still can't make myself start it. 

• I took today off too so I’m sitting on my couch, with the cat & dog while husband is at the gym. I already ordered two pairs of booties with gift cards and I’m still in my pajamas. I also ate 5 cutout cookies so I’m gearing up to go for a run. 
  • I'm "off" but checking email because I do have a few things that are outstanding and need to be in prior to 1/1. Much nicer to be at home on the couch checking email, rather than in the office. I may go in tomorrow or Friday, not sure yet. 

@6fsn what a wonderful Christmas gift! DH got me diamond studs two years ago for my 30th birthday and I've already lost one :( 
  • Also when I told someone my passport story I know someone said they had to get theirs renewed too.  Fyi, Sept-Dec are the months to do it apparently. I mailed mine (priority) on the 7th.  They got it on the 10th.  Processed it on the 20th.  Got it back on the 24th. Non expedited! 

• I'm here and it is slow as heck and I love it.

Decent enough holiday.  K loved all of their gifts and I was able to relax and have a good time myself.  K's mom gave me one of those float therapy things and I'm super excited to try it.  It's something I would never try for myself.

Other than that, SSDD.  I was actually pretty ready to come back to work, so that was nice.
  • I’m home today. The dinner went well. Everyone seemed to get along well enough and I made an insane amount of food. We still have a ton of food left over too. I accidentally forgot to offer dessert. I don’t think anyone noticed because one of the guests brought like a million cookies as a hostess gift and I put them out for appetizers. But now I have giant Costco pies left over. I gave one to my mom to bring to my dad’s family’s Christmas event. I’m just trying to come up with a game plan for the rest of it. 

Christmas was pretty peaceful. My parents came over for breakfast and then we stayed home and relaxed for the rest of the day. FI took the day off work and woke me up early wanting to go on a hike. We’ll go eventually today, but can’t a person sleep in a little bit? 

@ShesSoCold freeze the lasagna! 

• Hi everyone!

I hope you all had a great holiday. Things are finally starting to slow down (thank goodness) and our holidays were wonderful.  I hope everyone is doing well! 

• Hi everyone!

I hope you all had a great holiday. Things are finally starting to slow down (thank goodness) and our holidays were wonderful.  I hope everyone is doing well! 

Good to “see” you! How have you been?
  • I didn't want to saddle people with a sick kid (she's better, but, we didn't know that and we didn't/don't know contagion level) so I took the day.
    But she seems better so we're chillaxing today I think

• mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2018
    I'm off work, but I'm letting DefConn watch youtube...so I need something to do. :) 

I hope everyone who celebrated had a wonderful holiday.   Ours was all right.  Hosting almost 25 people yesterday was crazy, but we had a good time.  I was in host mode for 4+ days, so now that dishes are done and tables are broken down, it's nice to just sit here and relax.  DH's grandma is crazy (in the annoying, not fun, way) and loves to order everyone around to do shit for her.  FIL always struggles at the holidays since MIL passed, so he was peak aggressiveness on Christmas Eve at his house, which is always stressful to me because he's so intense and it makes me anxious because he can be really dickish when he wants to.  BIL hates it too, so we were text bitching to each other about FIL...LOL.  It helped. He did like his gifts from all of us kids, so at least there's that. 

I loved having my nephews here over the weekend.  The baby is always so happy and my older nephew is getting more fun to interact with.  I had a good time with my family yesterday, even though it felt crowded and rushed.  My mom did put together a touching book for us girls of anecdotes from my grandma that she'd written down about us grandkids and she also found my other grandma's roasted potatoes recipe.  <3 We all cried when she gave us the gift.  

I did get two new cookbooks (Salt, Fat, Heat, Acid and Cravings by Chrissy Tiegen), so I've been perusing them on and off.  DH also got me a new purse, so I switched out for the new one.  :D 
  • NBSquared2017NBSquared2017 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2018

Hi everyone!

Good to “see” you! How have you been?

STIB!

Really well! work has been really busy as we are trying to finalize products before Chinese New Year and half the department is on vacation so things have been super crazy. 

DH is loving his new job and the honeymoon was awesome. I'm just ready for work to slow down. 

My parents are visiting this weekend and DH mom is in town now so it's a nice break from stressing about work. 

Other than that - the Browns are one game away from a winning record! 
  • I’m in the Italian nonna club too @ShesSoCold.  Your menu sounds delicious @STARMOON44 and I’m glad it went well.

My IL Christmas party on Saturday went really well...everyone devoured the food and the vibe was festive and fun.  The start time was 5, FIL arrived at 2:30 and I really like to have the 1.5 hr-to-half-hour period before a party to run around like a crazy person, and I couldn’t, but it was okay lol.
    Things between H and I have been so-so lately, and we fought like three times between Christmas Eve and Day.  Thankfully not in front of the kids, they had a magical holiday.  Mass, seven fishes, Christmas breakfast and dinner were all nice but with a cloud over them thanks to H’s bs.  I’m tired and not up to a week before the kids and I go back to school/work but I’ll pull myself out of this rut.  

• You can freeze already cooked lasagna? . Thanks, ladies!

Otherwise, I'm shipping them both to you, starmoon! Heads up for like 15 pounds of lasagna. LOL

Looks like I got my Christmas gift after all - H just left the urologist and was okayed for a snip! I hope scheduling calls him soon because I am anxious.
    Yup, I do all the time.  I use a low carb noodle that doesnt require boiling first - but I don’t think that matters?  I really need to empty out my freezer because your making me want to make a lasagna to freeze for nights when I don’t want to cook.  Like, tonight, for example.  I also divide up the pieces per serving in a tupperware container and throw them in the microwave as I need them. 

• ...and our hot water tank is leaking. 

That cant be a good sign. 
  • ...and our hot water tank is leaking. 

Oh no. I’m so sorry. Do you at least have a warranty since you just purchased the house?

• levioosa said:
    ...and our hot water tank is leaking. 

Oh no. I’m so sorry. Do you at least have a warranty since you just purchased the house?
    We do not. 

Its old and we knew it was probably going to need to be replaced within a year or two; was just really hoping we had at least until the summer. 
  • that sucks. Hope it can be fixed instead of replacing (unless replacing ends up being cheaper)
  • kvruns said:
    that sucks. Hope it can be fixed instead of replacing (unless replacing ends up being cheaper)
    Sadly I think it’s going to be replaced. Although my husband thinks he and his dad can do the install. Not sure if that’s a good thing or not. 
  • kvruns said:
    that sucks. Hope it can be fixed instead of replacing (unless replacing ends up being cheaper)
    Sadly I think it’s going to be replaced. Although my husband thinks he and his dad can do the install. Not sure if that’s a good thing or not. 
    It actually fairly easy to install water heaters.  DH and FIL have done two for us (one at the old house and one at our new one).  You save $$$ on labor by DIY. 
  • mrsconn23 said:
    kvruns said:
    It actually fairly easy to install water heaters.  DH and FIL have done two for us (one at the old house and one at our new one).  You save $$$ on labor by DIY. 
    This is the reassuring thing you could tell me today! 

Sometimes H has grand ideas about what they can do to the house. Most of the time it works out, but not always. 
  • mrsconn23 said:
    kvruns said:
    This is the reassuring thing you could tell me today! 

Sometimes H has grand ideas about what they can do to the house. Most of the time it works out, but not always. 
    FIL is fairly handy, as is DH.  The only thing that scares DH is tearing down walls and anything electrical.  The only time we don't pay to install stuff is if it's free with purchase.