Wedding Woes

Is it Monday?

I’m not entirely sure what day it is, but I think Monday. H went to the office for a few hours and I took the day off. We have contractors here working on the I-beam and I’m debating getting up for a run. 

No real plans for tonight. Maybe going out to dinner with friends but we’re both on the fence about it. I’d prefer to stay home, eat Mac & Cheese and drink champagne. But we’ll see. 

Anyone else around today?

Re: Is it Monday?

• I'm at work. Not for a full day. But I'm here and it sucks. 

We're going out tonight with friends. Should be fun. 
  • VarunaTTVarunaTT member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2018
    I'm at work.  K is home; today is their grandfather's memorial.  I'm not sure how everything will go now, because it is pouring here and there was supposed to be a military gun salute.  He passed away about 6 months ago, but since the family from HI is in for the holidays, they're having the memorial now.  I know this makes me an incredibly crappy person, but I didn't take the day off for it.  We're not married, so I don't qualify for the bereavement leave.  I have PTO, but not a lot.  After the terrible instance with the kids last week, I really didn't want to spend the entire day with them.

Tonight is the show.  I'm kind of looking forward to it, kind of not.  I know it'll be fun.  We'll have a lot of friends out that I love, so I'm just trying not to be a Debby Downer.  I started my period, so everything hurts and I'm moody. :smiley:

ETA:  I should've stayed home.  It's 8:36 and I've been mansplained and read an article about Louis C.K. being an asshole.
  • Technically I have today off but I'm working from home. Hopefully I can sign off around noon and be done until Wednesday morning (not holding my breath though).

H and I are going out for fancy dinner tonight and then to a friend's house after for a couple hours. We won't stay until midnight and I doubt I'll stay up for the ball drop when we get home. Tomorrow we may go to my in-laws to drink fancy champagne (my MIL stocked up at a tasting event on Saturday) and eat apps but I'd rather stay home. H and I have been trying to get pregnant since May and I'm over a week late but so far, no positive tests. I'm in a funk and honestly don't want to go do anything but I'll rally for H's sake. 
  • edited December 2018
    My mom’s plane is landing in about 30 minutes. It was delayed 2 hours and I feel so bad for her. 2 hours on a plane going no where with crying babies then add a 6 hour flight. Poor thing.

Eta: we don’t have any plans for NYE. I have a bottle of Prosecco but DH is on the wagon and I am afraid my mom won’t make it to midnight. 
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2018
    Here but not at work. I just made sugar free chocolate pretzels and I’m watching Making a murder pt 2 while they harden.  I can’t help but cry for those two.

charlotte mac & cheese and champagne is not a bad toss up.  Either way you’ll have fun!
    varuna, don’t blame you for not takkng pto.  
    Missjeanlouise hope the rest of your mom’s trip is smooth and she can ring in the new year with you guys!

• Christmas celebrations are finally over!  We spent Friday to Sunday at my folks- 19 people + 1 house gets old.  We generally had a great time with lots of food, booze, and games, but it's good to be home.

My FIL randomly asked to take the kids for a few nights.  I'm doing a quick laundry turn around and then shoving them out the door until Wednesday. We're doing dinner out tonight and then going to a neighbors. I think tomorrow we're going to try to see a movie.  Maybe the Marwen one?

This afternoon I'm going to try to do a little shopping with Christmas money and a gift card.  My mom got all the girls Talbot's gift cards.  Various conversations has revealed that none of us have ever bought anything there.  I did go in one over the summer, but didn't find anything. 

My sister also revealed that she only has a gynecologist.  She never gets a physical outside of the pap smear and they don't do blood work. She's 49! That stuff is kind of important.  We have a family history of diabetes.

• No work for us today. We’re just trying to relax so we can make it through tonight. We’re gettjng dinner and drinks with FSIL and her FI. Asshole FBIL texted us to join but I don’t want him around after last weekend. He always ruins the night. 

@6fsn that’s crazy. Your sister needs a PCP appointment stat. 

@VarunaTT I don’t blame you for skipping the memorial. 

@missJeanLouise safe and smooth travels for your mom! 

@charlotte989875 champagne and Mac n cheese sounds fantastic. 

@climbingwife and @cupcait927 have fun tonight! 

• Hi y'all. We're going out to dinner at our favorite fancy steakhouse with some friends tonight then back to our house for prosecco. I had forgotten I had invited them back here so I did a quick house clean when I got back from working out this morning. Tomorrow I'll start taking down Christmas decorations. I hate doing that! Nothing much else going on.

Hope everyone has a safe NYE!
  • I threw a Noon Years Eve Party for my kids and nieces earlier.  Cleaning up now...they definitely had a more wild New Year’s Eve than I will lol.

Safe travels to everyone who will be on the road tonight!
  • Hi y'all. We're going out to dinner at our favorite fancy steakhouse with some friends tonight then back to our house for prosecco. I had forgotten I had invited them back here so I did a quick house clean when I got back from working out this morning. Tomorrow I'll start taking down Christmas decorations. I hate doing that! Nothing much else going on.

Taking down Christmas decorations is always so depressing. We try to leave our “wintery” stuff up and take down some Christmas stuff in stages to soften the blow. 

• levioosa said:
    Hi y'all. We're going out to dinner at our favorite fancy steakhouse with some friends tonight then back to our house for prosecco. I had forgotten I had invited them back here so I did a quick house clean when I got back from working out this morning. Tomorrow I'll start taking down Christmas decorations. I hate doing that! Nothing much else going on.

Taking down Christmas decorations is always so depressing. We try to leave our “wintery” stuff up and take down some Christmas stuff in stages to soften the blow. 
    I decorate the family room in a "snowman" theme with the deliberate intent of leaving a few things up to avoid a complete post Christmas depression.  Although not always done, I will be a "proper Catholic" and leave the Christmas tree up until The Epiphany on the 6th.  My back to school date typically "drives" the take down schedule, but because we stayed in session until the 21st, we are off until the 7th. 
    We just returned from seeing grandbaby #3 in LA.  We will spend an early NYE seeing the local 2 (whose parents have been going through grandparent/respite/sanity saver withdrawal) and call it a night by 9 PM.  Back home for an early bed as I regroup from the trip.
    Have a safe NYE to all and cheers to us all having a great new year!  Well......I'll settle for not sweating small stuff and not dealing with big stuff!

• @levioosa and @MobKaz, Yes I leave up wintry things too. My kitchen is snowman themed. I basically do the rest of the things leaving the tree until the weekend after New Years (so Epiphany this year). I try and do a deep clean before putting the normal decor back out. H and I are also trying to go through the house and get rid of stuff we don't use/need anymore. We hope to downsize in a couple of years so that process needs to start. Mobkaz I may be headed your way if I can talk H into it!
  • I took my tree down already.  It was only a 5 footer so simple to put up, take down but I wanted my living room back to normal.  Tomorrow I’m taking down the laser lights.  Should be done then!

• @levioosa and @MobKaz, Yes I leave up wintry things too. My kitchen is snowman themed. I basically do the rest of the things leaving the tree until the weekend after New Years (so Epiphany this year). I try and do a deep clean before putting the normal decor back out. H and I are also trying to go through the house and get rid of stuff we don't use/need anymore. We hope to downsize in a couple of years so that process needs to start. Mobkaz I may be headed your way if I can talk H into it!
    Tread carefully there!  I do believe that most Illinoisans are bolting faster than lightning to either Wisconsin or Indiana because of our insane Madigan shananigans!  It might be smarter to convince DD to head your way!