Wedding Woes

Thursday right?

I'm so confused on the days right now.  We took 6let to the wrong practice last night.  Luckily it was the same time and place, he just had the wrong uniform and ball.  Then he got asked to play in two new tournaments.  Guess this weekend we'll be headed to Cincinnati instead of lazing around the house. 

That's about all I've got.  Work is slow.  The kids are home.  I need to work out and see if I can snag a cheap hotel for Saturday night.

Re: Thursday right?

• CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2019
    Oh no, 6!  Sorry that happened!
    SSC that is awesome that you and Toews had a private candlelit dinner for two... that’s what I read anyway :)  i’m so jealous you went!

this work week sucks.  I have some stuff pissing me off already and it’s just the start of the second day.  That mega millions wasn’t won Tueaday was it?  ‘Cus let me tell you, winning that and packing up and getting out of here sounds pretty good right about now.

• It's been rainy and downcast for days.  However, the temperatures have been amazing!  We've barely been using our heater.  In fact, I even turned on the a/c for a couple hours, over the weekend.  But, overall, it's been a comfortable temp in the house without having to use heat or a/c.

I'm bummed all the time off is over.  Time to plan my next vacation, lol!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My eyes are driving me batshit.  We ended up going to Cancun for Christmas (yay!) but I left my glasses and Rx sunglasses there and haven't heard back from the resort.  Plus, I'm pretty blind so that means I have to wake up, wash my face and put my contacts in until I'm ready for bed.  So my eyes are feeling tired.  Plus, right before we left, the eye doctor downgraded my right eye lens, so I feel like everything is kind of blurry even though on the eye test, I tested at 20/20 in this lens.  Argh.  

I ordered sample frames from Warby Parker, but may just go back to the eye doctor and order a new pair of glasses this weekend.  Yay for great insurance as of the 1st;).  

I'm WFH today.  I'm the host for our Dem Club Board meeting at 7 pm, and still need to do some cleaning, so why waste driving for an hour and a half when I can stay here?

• I have a migraine and my lady friend is visiting and I have zero motivation to get anything done today, so I am hiding in my office eating Runts.  
  • eileenrob said:
    I’m still in the time cyclone too.  Doesn’t feel like a Thursday. Although I hate to brag, but I dated four applications/letters with “2019” so far today.  On the first try 💁🏻‍♀️ lol

SSDD otherwise 
    With my job, I enter a lot of projected future dates.  Especially for about 30 days out.  So I get a lot of practice using the upcoming new year's number in December, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Omg omg after months of a break my secretary is back to singing softly under her breath all day. I’m gonna kill her. Whyyyyyyy. And when I ask her to stop it’s always a massive production “oh no! So sorry! I didn’t realize you could hear! I am the worst! You must hate me!”  Nope. Just want you to stop singing just like every day just never sing ever this is an office. 
  • I had to google Toews too. 

Happy news- our disneyvplanner justvensilrd that she snagged us a discount...$500!  Woohoo
  • I also had to google Toews. 

NYE was fun. We went to a couple of our old favorite bars and even though we did drink a lot I paced myself and drank a ton of water so I was hangover free the next day. New Year’s Day we hung out some more with FSIL and her FI. Asshole FBIL invited himself over, and while I wasn’t happy about it, the rest of the night went okay. We played a couple of new games that we bought for Christmas which was fun. 

Today I’m just cleaning the house and working out. We’re going up to the cabin this weekend so I have to try to find my snow boots and warm clothes. The dealership messed up on transferring paperwork to the DMV for FIs truck so now we’re down to one car and we really need them to overnight us a temporary plate so we can take the truck up the mountain. My car does not do so great in the snow and I’m not even sure where my chains are. 

• Sorry - I shoulda clarified that he's a hockey player.

Worth the google, though, right?  <3;)o:)
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever

Hockey fan here. I knew who he was - but I regoogled him anyway because YUM. 
  • I had to google Toews too- he’s cute.  (I don’t follow hockey at all so it’s fun learning new things!)

Hope you feel better soon @sparklepants41

Totally worth the google ;).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • levioosa said:
    I also had to google Toews. 

NYE was fun. We went to a couple of our old favorite bars and even though we did drink a lot I paced myself and drank a ton of water so I was hangover free the next day. New Year’s Day we hung out some more with FSIL and her FI. Asshole FBIL invited himself over, and while I wasn’t happy about it, the rest of the night went okay. We played a couple of new games that we bought for Christmas which was fun. 

Today I’m just cleaning the house and working out. We’re going up to the cabin this weekend so I have to try to find my snow boots and warm clothes. The dealership messed up on transferring paperwork to the DMV for FIs truck so now we’re down to one car and we really need them to overnight us a temporary plate so we can take the truck up the mountain. My car does not do so great in the snow and I’m not even sure where my chains are. 

I hope they get the temporary plate to you all promptly!  Despite what I'm assuming to be some current incompetence.

I have a crazy, dealership majorly screwing up story.  I bought a convertible Chyrsler Sebring off of Ebay.  It was at a used car dealership in Houston.  I flew into Houston and then drove the car back to NOLA.

At the dealership, they insisted they had to collect the Louisiana state and parish (county) sales tax with the purchase.  I argued.  I didn't want to do it because it was extra layers to worry about.  I pointed out I couldn't register the car anyway until I paid the sales tax, so why couldn't I just do that at the DMV myself while I was there anyway for the registration.

But no, no, no.  They were legally required to collect it.  Because there was some "reciprocal agreement" between TX and LA.  Blah, blah.

As if I had a crystal ball.  It, indeed, turned into a total clusterf**k.  My temporary tags were good for 6 weeks.

Luckily, there was a phone number I could call to keep checking with the DMV for when the taxes had been paid.  I checked once a week.  Taxes still hadn't been paid after a month.  I finally called the dealership.  Without actually checking on what had been done, I was verbally patted on the head and told that sometimes government agencies take awhile to process things.

More phone calls the taxes had not been paid.  More phone calls to the dealership with more verbal pats on the head.  I was overnighted "extended" temporary tags twice, because everything was taking so long.

Over two months after I bought the car, someone at the dealership FINALLY said, "Hmmm, this IS taking too long.  Let me look into it and call you back."  Come to find out, they'd accidentally never sent the taxes to Louisiana.  Something they would have figured out a month earlier if anyone had just taken a few minutes to actually look at my file!  Argh!

When the guy called me back to apologize and explain what happened, he offered to overnight the check to Louisiana.  Or, if I preferred, he could make the check payable to and overnighted to me instead and I could use that to pay them.  Oh!  You mean like I wanted to all along?  So I knew the job would be done correctly the first time?  SMH.  At least they overnighted me the check, as promised, and I had no further problems.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • No Prudie today? He's off for the holidays?
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • No Prudie today? He's off for the holidays?

Apparently it is @mrsconn23 who is off for the holidays, lol.  I haven't seen her post today.

I just checked and will pick up the gauntlet.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That's so annoying @short+sassy.  I think something like that has happened with us. We bought a truck from Florida (first mistake, lol, but it was a beyond fantastic deal). They had it shipped here and said they would use a third party to send the paperwork over to the CA DMV because apparently they don't know how to deal with the CA DMV. I looked at said paperwork. It is not rocket science. It's literally a couple forms with the VIN, truck weight, mileage, and dealer info. Third party never sent it. We have until the 21st of this month to get all of the info to the DMV or this is going to turn into a huge lawsuit as the truck won't be legal, we wouldn't be able to resell it, and we can't extend the time to submit more paperwork to the DMV. It's really stressing FI out and I feel so bad for him. And I'm annoyed because now he's driving my car to work every day so I don't have a vehicle. My work is so close and I can uber to clinic once a week and walk to school, but still. I can't get to the gym or anywhere else. 

• levioosa said:
    That's so annoying @short+sassy.  I think something like that has happened with us. We bought a truck from Florida (first mistake, lol, but it was a beyond fantastic deal). They had it shipped here and said they would use a third party to send the paperwork over to the CA DMV because apparently they don't know how to deal with the CA DMV. I looked at said paperwork. It is not rocket science. It's literally a couple forms with the VIN, truck weight, mileage, and dealer info. Third party never sent it. We have until the 21st of this month to get all of the info to the DMV or this is going to turn into a huge lawsuit as the truck won't be legal, we wouldn't be able to resell it, and we can't extend the time to submit more paperwork to the DMV. It's really stressing FI out and I feel so bad for him. And I'm annoyed because now he's driving my car to work every day so I don't have a vehicle. My work is so close and I can uber to clinic once a week and walk to school, but still. I can't get to the gym or anywhere else. 

Yikes!  That is worrisome.  Especially with such a strict deadline.  I hope everything works out for your FI and the paperwork comes in time.

I've actually bought a used car from FL, twice.  Both used cars from dealerships.  Fortunately, I did not have any issues with either of those purchases.  I also didn't need to pay sales tax to the out-of-state dealerships. 

One vehicle was right in Pensacola (5-hour drive) and I picked it up, in person, with a second vehicle.  Left with all the paperwork I needed.  As an aside, I also found that one through Ebay. 

The second was my current MINI Cooper.  I found it online.  But, this time, it was on the east coast of FL and way more south.  A 12-hour drive away.  I had that car shipped to me.  All the paperwork I needed was overnighted to me, after they received full payment from my loan. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My agent just emailed a customer, trying to sell them two policies that they already have.

I'm debating whether or not I should email him back and tell them the group already has these policies. Or if I should be REAL shitty and reply to all, so the group sees me telling their agent what policies they have (I wouldn't actually do that, but man, I want to!).
  • Thank you @short+sassy.  I took a half day today because I had counseling and it's SIL's last day here.  FIL and SIL's BFF and her DH came to dinner.  Prudie apparently went up after I left for the day.   

Anyhoo, dinner was pleasant.  I'm going to miss the shit out of SIL.  She and I determined we really could work out a sister wife/family compound situation.  I'd cook and she'd do laundry.  ;)