Wedding Woes

Fri-YAY!

The longest shortest week is over.  The last two weeks have felt like 2 months. 

I was supposed to work tomorrow, but DH heavily encouraged me to take it off because I am like the walking dead right now.  The holidays and family bullshit (from his side) has done us both in.  It really didn't take much to convince me, but I appreciate that DH gave me the push to do it.  

We are taking down Christmas and rearranging my office this weekend. And then watching football.  But that's it.  We're going to the store tonight and then it's hibernation all the way.  Don't want to see anyone or talk to them or anything.  We are tapped out on anyone outside this house.  ;) I will say that capping off all the house guests with SIL was the best plan.  She is one of my favorite people in DH's family. 

What's up for your weekend?

Re: Fri-YAY!

• @mrsconn23, enjoy the hibernation!  We all need that sometimes and you have more than earned it.

I am especially glad today that my Fridays are half days.  My H and I were up WAY too late last night chatting on our porch with AirBnBer's we had hit it off with.  But it was wine, good convo, and fun.  How could I resist, lol?

I need to make a bank run either today or tomorrow.  Not much else going on, until Sunday.  On Sun., I have a late morning mystery shop at a nearby coffeehouse.  It will be a pleasant walk with my H and our Izzy pups.  Later, we are going out to dinner with a friend we haven't seen in awhile.  I'm looking forward to that also.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2019
    Time for yourself is never a bad thing, mrsconn.  Enjoy it!

Ugh. I gained 5 lbs over the last 2 weeks.  I thought I would have stayed the same because while, yes, I did snack on baked goods - I still tracked it all.  Only skipped ONE workout during the holiday season and did pretty well, I thought?  I mean it could have been worse!  I canceled ww and am trying a new app since it’s really hard to pay $26.50 or whatever it is a month.  

It was SO hard to get up and out of bed this morning.  I just didn’t want to leave. Now it’s just a race to go back to bed.  

• Another vote in favor of much-needed hibernation! 

SSDD here, although my migraine is finally gone :)

This weekend we have no plans. I am hoping to cross some things off my To-Do List and maybe go out for a family brupper. 
  • @CharmedPam, I'm still patting you on the back!  You were a champ to keep up your workout schedule, despite moving it to the evenings because of company.

@sparklepants41, glad to hear your migraine is gone!  I'm fortunate I don't suffer from migraines, but am a big baby just getting a normal headache.  Even that really takes the wind out of my sails.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I agree with the hibernation! Sounds like the holidays were a LOT!

I have a tattoo removal tomorrow, then H has a tattoo installation. That's it. H is going to drop me off from my removal and I'm going to watch football and only leave the couch to pee. Then Sunday is our playoff game so I'm super excited about that. 

I got the best thank you card ever yesterday. It has a $300 check in it, LOL (they owed me money). 

I found an etsy store that makes skirts, dresses, cutesy one-shoulder shirts, all kinds of stuff with t-shirts. She has a Stones t-shirt and I bought the skirt option for $30.00. Way better than trying to buy my own shirts and asking a friend to do it. I'm excited!
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • ...And my mom (who I've not talked to in over a week and felt like an awful daughter because she goes back to work Monday as it's the end of her medical leave) just called and asked if we wanted to come over to watch the Bears with them Sunday (we're Colts fans, but my dad and sisters are Bears fans.  My parents grew up there and we were born in the Chicago suburbs.  We moved here when I was in HS).   We chatted about how stressful the last 2 weeks have been, and I told her that I just cannot even make a decision today about it.  She understood.  I am torn between wanting to see them and the fact that we are feeilng run down.  But who knows how we'll feel after some rest and relaxation tonight and tomorrow? 
  • I'm back.  DH had stomach bug all through Christmas and I got it the day after New Year's.  I'm back at work today but have little energy.  

We had a nice New Year's eve.  My mom came over in the afternoon for a wild game of dominoes (ha!) and dinner.  I took her home about 10 PM and DH and I stayed up late.  New Year's day was low key - stayed in pjs and watched TV and movies.  

I woke up Weds and called out for work.  Thursday was better but still not good so I stayed home then too.  I'm going to trudge through today and then have the weekend.

DH's family Christmas is tomorrow.  We are responsible to bring calico beans and I'll put them in the slow cooker on low overnight.  The gathering is about 40 mins away and we need to be there by 11 AM, so there's not enough time if I put them in Saturday morning.  

Work is slow this week so I didn't miss much.  Next week things will kick in big time going forward.

@mrsconn23 - take the time you need to regroup.

• I vote hibernation too. 

We are heading up to the cabin this weekend with my parents. It looks like it’s supposed to snow Sunday. It would be nice if it snowed tonight instead since it is possible to get snowed in. 

I’m getting anxious about next week. I have a medical procedure on Tuesday that I’m dreading. Mostly because I hope they don’t get blinders on and misdiagnose me. Then school starts on Wednesday. And then I work the rest of the week. Break is over and I feel like the whole time I was rushing around. I would love to end a break feeling relaxed instead of more stressed. Oh, and I’m trying to plan a vacation and that’s stressful af too. Mexico is cheap. I don’t really want to go there but it is only a 2-3 hour flight, and it’s less expensive. FI doesn’t want to go. So I found a comparable Caribbean all inclusive but it’s a 12.5 hour flight. People don’t want to fly that long. I give up. 

• @levioosa I get like that about flights too.  I didn't want to go back to Mexico for Christmas, but I also didn't want to spend a ton of time on a plane, so Cancun won!  If the flight is long,  I need like a 10 day vacation to make up for it!

@mrsconn23 rest up!  Sounds like you deserve it!

H is monopolizing the weekend, as always LOL.  I have to work for a little bit tomorrow, then I am getting my hair did.  That evening we have an extended family dinner for his Dad's side.  Sunday is one of H's three swearing in ceremonies - yes 3!  So we have that, plus a punch and cookie reception following, and then dinner to celebrate with his moms side of the family.  His final swearing in ceremony is Wednesday - which I'm looking forward to.

@ShesSoCold Good Luck with the playoffs.  We're celebrating the firing of Jim Bob Cooter since there's not much else to celebrate LOL.
  • mrsmitten said:
    @levioosa I get like that about flights too.  I didn't want to go back to Mexico for Christmas, but I also didn't want to spend a ton of time on a plane, so Cancun won!  If the flight is long,  I need like a 10 day vacation to make up for it!

H is monopolizing the weekend, as always LOL.  I have to work for a little bit tomorrow, then I am getting my hair did.  That evening we have an extended family dinner for his Dad's side.  Sunday is one of H's three swearing in ceremonies - yes 3!  So we have that, plus a punch and cookie reception following, and then dinner to celebrate with his moms side of the family.  His final swearing in ceremony is Wednesday - which I'm looking forward to.

@ShesSoCold Good Luck with the playoffs.  We're celebrating the firing of Jim Bob Cooter since there's not much else to celebrate LOL.
    I was wondering when his inauguration was! So excited for you guys!! Is he going to still be teaching or will he have to take a leave? 

Busiest time of the year at work.  Working through lunch & staying late. So fun. So ready for the weekend. 
  • Ugh, work's internet umbrella finally caught up with me and TK plus other favorite time killing websites are now blocked! Booooooo!

I will have to post via my phone, which I hate! 

DD has a mild case of pneumonia. So I was home with her yesterday and H is home with her today. She is still acting pretty normal, all things considered! Her fever is gone, so I'm hoping her congestion goes with it!

SSC, my Eagles are playing your Bears for the playoffs! I'm just wondering which team will show up for us! The good one or the bumbling one!

MrsConn - you need to take the time for mental health for yourself! Take the time you need!
  • Hi!!  Hope everyone had a great holiday, it sounds like most people did when I skimmed the last couple weeks. 

We were both off for ~10 days straight but were super busy with my family, H's family, and an out of state wedding.  We were both super sick when we finally got home last sunday night and spent Monday and Tuesday drinking tea and watching movies. 

I have ONE THING to finish at work today that I'm super dragging my feet on.  Totally not difficult at all, just slightly annoying and will only take like 1 hour.  I'm trying to incent myself to get it done quickly by telling myself I can go to the gym at 4:30 (instead of 5:30) if I get it done. 

We have no plans this weekend, and no plans on the weekend calendar until EASTER.  I'm sure that will fill up, but H and I have had some big talks the last week about being more intentional about setting aside time for the two of us/us individually and not feeling guilty about saying no to others.  I hope we stick to it because I think it's definitely needed. 

Also, I vote hibernation for everyone this weekend!

• mrsmittenmrsmitten member
    Combo Breaker 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2019
    mrsmitten said:
    @levioosa I get like that about flights too.  I didn't want to go back to Mexico for Christmas, but I also didn't want to spend a ton of time on a plane, so Cancun won!  If the flight is long,  I need like a 10 day vacation to make up for it!

I was wondering when his inauguration was! So excited for you guys!! Is he going to still be teaching or will he have to take a leave? 

Busiest time of the year at work.  Working through lunch & staying late. So fun. So ready for the weekend. 
    So, the Michigan Constitution calls for the first day of session to begin the second Wednesday in January at noon, but responsibilies are transferred at 12:01 AM on the First.  So legally, legislators have to swear in before 1/1 in order to be complaint and in order to receive pay and benefits.  His brother went up with him in December for the legal swearing in.

Then, on the first day of session, it's called Family Day and each legislator gets x passes to join them in the Capital that day.  They get sworn in again, and then each legislator can have their photos taken of a swearing in with their family.  For this, I'll be holding the constitution, which is fun.  Plus the freshmen receive their Floor Pins.

He's also hosting an in-district swearing in for the volunteers, constitutents and his extended family to witness on Sunday.  

The legislature is a full time job, so his last day at school was 12/21.  The kids did an amazing send off and it was super emotional.  PM me and I'll send you his IG Handle if you want to see the video.  I was balling in the bank parking lot, the lady in the car next to me knocked on the window to see if I was okay!  

ETA:  It's illegal to work for two public entities at the same time - so had to resign instead of taking a leave.  He better work to ensure this is more than a 2 year job! :)
  • mrsmitten said:
    mrsmitten said:

So, the Michigan Constitution calls for the first day of session to begin the second Wednesday in January at noon, but responsibilies are transferred at 12:01 AM on the First.  So legally, legislators have to swear in before 1/1 in order to be complaint and in order to receive pay and benefits.  His brother went up with him in December for the legal swearing in.

Then, on the first day of session, it's called Family Day and each legislator gets x passes to join them in the Capital that day.  They get sworn in again, and then each legislator can have their photos taken of a swearing in with their family.  For this, I'll be holding the constitution, which is fun.  Plus the freshmen receive their Floor Pins.

He's also hosting an in-district swearing in for the volunteers, constitutents and his extended family to witness on Sunday.  

The legislature is a full time job, so his last day at school was 12/21.  The kids did an amazing send off and it was super emotional.  PM me and I'll send you his IG Handle if you want to see the video.  I was balling in the bank parking lot, the lady in the car next to me knocked on the window to see if I was okay!  

ETA:  It's illegal to work for two public entities at the same time - so had to resign instead of taking a leave.  He better work to ensure this is more than a 2 year job! :)
    So exciting! Some states legislatures aren’t full time positions, I had thought MI was! Has he set up his office yet? If we were still in OH I’d ask if he needed a consultant 😉 or staff. 
  • Yeah, Michigan is a rare one that does have a full time.  I had issues with it before, because our legislature hasn't been passing good laws, but on the flip side, regular Joe's like Mr. Mitten can't afford to run for a part-time legislature because we're not wealthy enough to hold part time jobs.

He went in Wednesday / Thursday to get everything set up.  He still needs to have the whatever department hang things for him, but other than that, the furniture is all in place and his staff is working.  His calendar is filling up quickly too!  It's so crazy!
  • Aww hope your daughter gets well soon @OliveOilsMom
    Another vote for hibernating @mrsconn23

Mobbed at work today but done and waiting for my kids to get out of school. A few light errands this weekend but nothing else, which I’m glad about.