Chit Chat

Hi!!!!!

Last time I was here, I was in tears because our wedding had been postponed for the second time and I thought our relationship wouldn’t survive.

I’m happy to report. . .we made it! We went back to couples counseling and did some pretty extensive work on ourselves individually and together, and we finally got married on August 25 in our backyard. We just had immediate family and some very close friends, and we went to a nice restaurant for dinner afterwards.

Married life has been great so far. DW is taking a break from school to focus on some things and get ready for MIL to move here in February-March. I’m still at my job and took on a couple volunteer gigs I’m serious about. 

I’ve missed you all so much! Can’t wait to catch up!

Re: Hi!!!!!

• So glad to hear the good news! Congratulations! Things have been really quiet around here. Hope you continue to hang around. Wedding Woes is the most active board now.
  • Glad everything went well with the wedding.  Congratulations!!  And photos please

• Welcome back.  It's awesome to hear that you both were able to remain strong enough to work through pain and serious issues and reach this wonderful happy ending!  The boards are definitely quieter, but I personally prefer quality over quantity ;-)
  • Welcome back and congratulations!!!

• Nice to hear from you and congratulations on your wedding!!
  • Welcome back!! And congratulations on all the big news! So glad you two were able to work on things and have a great wedding! How are all the pets doing? 
  • So glad things worked out for you two. It was nice to hear an update.
  • Good to see you here again, @OurWildKingdom, and I'm so happy for you and DW! Congratulations! 
  • Welcome back!! And congratulations on all the big news! So glad you two were able to work on things and have a great wedding! How are all the pets doing? 
    They are doing awesome! We’re having a mild winter so far, so Mutt is loving his long walks. The Dude (senior cat) is still going strong at 17 1/2, and Pinball (middle cat) and Diva (youngest cat) are enjoying chasing each other and tormenting Mutt.
  • Congratulations on your marriage! It's nice to hear that everything worked out for you.

• Congratulations! Thank you for the update, glad you are back... although things are pretty dead around here.
  • Glad everything went well with the wedding.  Congratulations!!  And photos please
    We had to order an external CD/DVD drive for our laptops. As soon as it arrives (looks like tomorrow —thanks Amazon), I’ll upload pics.
  • Congrats and welcome back!
  • I'm so happy to hear from you again! Congrats on the wedding and happy new year!!
  • So glad to see you around these parts and glad everything worked out.  I noticed you on on the Prudie letter on WW first and didn’t see this until now.  August 25th was a popular day! Can’t wait to see the pics.

• Welcome back and Congrats!  I've thought of you from time to time and was hoping you are doing well.  I'm glad to see that you are!  I hope to "see" you around WW!
  • I'm so glad to hear you and your DW were able to work toward better places, both individually and as a couple.  Yay and congrats on the wedding!  It's great to hear how well you are doing.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker