Flowers

Sola Wood Flowers?

edited December 2018 in Flowers
Hey everyone,

I'm currently tossing around the idea of getting Sola wood flowers for bouquets and boutonnieres and was wondering if anyone has gone this route? We are on a pretty tight budget and I saw somewhere that a bride did all of her flowers, bouquets, centerpieces and all for $200 including all supplies and dye for the flowers. I also have a coupon right now for 40% off my next purchase which is making it all extra tempting...

Our color is peach which is hard to find a good shade of, so I like that you can dye the flowers whatever color you want. We only need 5 bouquets (including mine) and 3 boutonnieres. And I like greenery for fillers for the bridesmaids, so it wouldn't be a ton of the wood flowers. I'm open to doing whatever flowers for centerpieces, so really I'm just talking for the wedding party. 

So has anyone done this themselves before? Is it really complicated? Did it end up saving money? Did you get the 2 inch flowers or the 3 inch, or a mix of both?
Thanks!

Re: Sola Wood Flowers?

• The question I would have is how many nickels and dimes weren't included on the DIY costs.   Price it out for your needs as chances are the $200 doesn't include all the nickel and dime supplies, ribbons, tapes, etc.  Price it all out, put it in your cart, add the coupon and make a decision based on you and your budget.  

Also check out options like Sam's Club/BJ's/Costco for bridal flowers (they have packs available)..  OR, just walk into a florist, tell them your real world budget, your list of "needs" and ask what you can get for the money.  Chances are you'll have more options than you think.
  • I recently ordered wood flowers from Southern Blooms Co. It took about ten weeks for the flowers to be delivered but they turned out amazing.  I ordered a bridal bouquet, 4 bridesmaid bouquets, a toss bouquet, and 7 boutonnieres for $370.  If you follow them on facebook, they constantly do live sales and have 30-40% off.
  • techie03 said:
    I recently ordered wood flowers from Southern Blooms Co. It took about ten weeks for the flowers to be delivered but they turned out amazing.  I ordered a bridal bouquet, 4 bridesmaid bouquets, a toss bouquet, and 7 boutonnieres for $370.  If you follow them on facebook, they constantly do live sales and have 30-40% off.
    Good to know! Are they really fragile?