Wedding Woes

Tuesday

2»

Re: Tuesday

• I usually have to pay anyway.  So I don't really care about that aspect.

But I know they doubled the standard deduction this year and got rid of a lot of the itemized ones.  I didn't even know any of that until a couple months ago.  So I'm feeling very topsy-turvy and have no idea how all of this is going to affect me and that I might have really effed this year up.

And if I should change how I do things for next year.  I might even have to break down and see an accountant.

My taxes are already so complicated because I have my personal taxes and my LLC taxes.  And my personal taxes have W-2, I-9 income, and rental income.  And my I-9 and rental income have a lot of expenses related to them.  So I am REALLY confused on some pretty major aspects (sigh).

For example, I have a lot of expenses associated with my I-9 income from my p/t gig.  But, if it would normally make sense to do a standard deduction for my personal stuff, should I set up another LLC and do my side gig as a business instead (going forward)?  And then I could deduct those expenses without it affecting the standard deduction, which is just for my personal taxes?

And that's only one of my issues.  I'm just thinking out loud because I'm feeling so overwhelmed and tired by all of it.

Im impressed that you’ve ever done this without an accountant!

Thanks!  No way I could have done it without Turbo Tax, lol.  So far, I've been able to get away with "knowing which numbers to input where".  And research the occasional question I'll have.

Now I more need to know how to best structure things going forward.  I've done research and concluded it is too far outside my expertise.  I'll at least pat myself on the back that I know when I need to get help, lol.

banana468 said:
    Guys thanks for the T&P.   I don't have a lot of info right now but my SIL and BIL need a miracle for their unborn baby.

Oh, man :(.  All the Ts and Ps for your SIL and BIL.

mrsmitten said:
    @short+sassy my blind/Deaf mom relies on her SNAP benefits.  It's bad enough when her Social Security increased this year by $32/month her food stamps were reduced by $34 and now this?!  She's fortunate, because we can afford to pitch in as needed, many people on SNAP don't have that luxury.

I heard the IRS and SNAP are the two agencies being emphasized to keep plugging along.  It is exactly people like your mom that I worry about when holes in the safety nets don't get patched and then start getting removed.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not too worried about HUD at the moment.  And under any other administration I wouldn't be worried at all.  But there have been a few too many times over the last two years when I've said "no, it will be okay, that won't happen, even the worst in gov't won't let that happen...uh, oh", that I don't have the confidence I used to.

On a brighter note, enjoy the swearing in!  It sounds so exciting. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • banana468 said:
    Guys thanks for the T&P.   I don't have a lot of info right now but my SIL and BIL need a miracle for their unborn baby.
    Thinking of you all!
  • Sending lots of positive vibes for your SIL, BIL, and the baby, @banana468!

Congratulations to your H, @mrsmitten! So excited for you two. Sorry MIL is being difficult.

Work was hectic today too, but I had more control of it today. DW met me at work, so we got to ride home together and walk Mutt together before we both had to go back out. I’m on my way to my peace group’s monthly talk. Hoping I won’t get home too late. 

Re: the shutdown. We have a few friends who use SNAP, so I came up with the idea of cooking a couple meals on Sundays (which I was thinking about doing anyway when MIL gets here) and packing up portions for our friends who need food assistance, and when our schedules permit, having people over for dinner. DW agreed, as long as I make stuff that she’ll eat too.
  • Banana - Prayers for BIL and SIL and baby!

SSC - A double funny today!

MrsMitten - Enjoy the swearing in festivities and ignore MIL!

Work was crazy today.  I did run out at lunch and got my hair chopped!  It came out cute, its a short layered bob.  It will be easier upkeep too!  Hope to post more tomorrow!
  • banana468 said:
    Thinking of you all!
    Offering prayers to St. Gerard on their behalf.  Peace.