Wedding Woes

90-Day Fiance discussions

167891012»

Re: 90-Day Fiance discussions

• That article S+S linked has an Olga IG post imbedded so it looks like they are still together (I haven't watched the most recent episode yet). Makes me sad
  • I follow a lot of 90 Day Fiance fan pages on both IG and FB. Steven and Olga are still together. That's also how I saw the picture of Luis with his new wife. 
  • I was in a 90DF FB group that was always entertaining but the posts don't show up in my regular feed so I usually forget to check 
  • I follow a lot of 90 Day Fiance fan pages on both IG and FB. Steven and Olga are still together. That's also how I saw the picture of Luis with his new wife. 
    I had actually gone to Soap Dish (SD) to try and find out more about Luis and his new marriage!  According to SD, no one knows where is living or who his new wife is...though there are pics of her on his social accounts.  But their marriage happened in New Jersey.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    I had actually gone to Soap Dish (SD) to try and find out more about Luis and his new marriage!  According to SD, no one knows where is living or who his new wife is...though there are pics of her on his social accounts.  But their marriage happened in New Jersey.
    Wow, I had no idea it was in NJ! 
  • Did Colty dye his hair for the wedding? It looks lighter and almost reddish tinged to me 
  • Did Fernanda wear a black bra under her white dress?? It definitely looked it from the back 
  • @kvruns, now that you mention it, there was something different about Colty that I couldn't put my finger on. His hair looking lighter is clicking for me.  Though it might have been just the lighting.  My natural color is various shades of light blond to light brown.  But I've been told by hair stylists that it has a "red base".  And, ever once in awhile if the lighting is just right, it will have a reddish tinge to it.

Larissa said she got her dress at a Goodwill, to save money.  Wow!  What a steal.  It was gorgeous.

I was rolling my eyes at Colty when he was talking about how he'd invited his cousin John to the wedding, behind Larissa's back.  And hoped she was going to be "mature" about it.  Oh, you mean unlike yourself?  Who doesn't even have the courage to tell her ahead of time that you are pulling the rug out from under her on your all's wedding day?

--------------

I didn't notice Fernanda wearing a black bra, but it's possible.  I thought it was weird she is "saving" her wedding dress for apparently the Mexican "re-do" they are planning.  Why not just wear it twice.  I wish I had an excuse to wear my wedding dress multiple times, lol.

---------------

Kalani and Asuelu -- More helpings of "I can't" with these people, smh.  They are about to get married and all they can blabber on about is "what if my dad finds out I'm pregnant".  He'll try to "stop the wedding".  Stop the wedding?!?  How?  Is it the 1880's again?  Girl, I know you want to pretend you're 16 because then you don't need to take responsibility for all your stupid decisions.  But you're not.  You're 30.  And about to be the mother of two.  So grow TF up already.  Stop living under your parent's thumbs and off their wallets.

I really, really hope that neither of their children ever watch these episodes.  Especially Child #2, who everyone except Asuelu acts like is "the worst thing ever".  But I know my hope is fruitless.

--------------

Leida and Eric -- I would swear everyone was pronouncing her first name differently than they have in other episodes.  But maybe I'd previously been hearing it wrong.  She seemed WAY more excited to "officially" be in America than to be marrying Eric.  I will hope, for his sake, that was just creative TLC editing.  I liked that her dress had subtle gold-colored lace on it.

-------------

Looking forward to the Tell-All this Sun.!  I've heard there has been bad blood and social media bickering between Larissa/Colt and Fernanda/Jonathan.  Looks like some of that is going to be played out in that episode.  I'm reminded of the Anfisa vs. Paola feud.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I also thought the pronunciation was different for Leida! Then I thought maybe everyone said it differently but I hoped Eric at least knew the correct way. 

I haven't watched the new one yet, the tell-alls usually just annoy me since they seem to have devolved into constant yelling/bickering but I'll still watch 
  • Apparently I hadn't paid enough attention to the Jay thing - he got on Tinder AFTER their wedding??? What?!?! I was thinking it was before, which is bad enough but right after??
  • He signed up for Tinder 3 days after they got married!!! 

I just watched the Tell All. Larissa is INSANE. Holy shit. Did you see Asuelu hitting himself when she was yelling? 

I call her LIE-da in my head. But, amazing to see she actually felt bad for what went down. 
  • I have only watched the first maybe 20-30 min of the Tell All, so Larissa and Colty haven't arrived yet although I figure it is all just for drama delaying them appearing. I need to finish it tonight.

I say "lee-duh" in my head
  • I stayed up way too late to watch the Tell-All on my DVR last night, lol.

@kvruns, yes!  Jay signed up for Tinder right after they got back from Vegas.  Talk about a huge red flag.  She's not my favorite, but I felt bad for Ashley.  When she wasn't (understandably) mad, she was just sitting there sad and withdrawn.

---------------

I was wondering why there was so much hate going on from the whole group toward Larissa and Colt, before they arrived.  Was everyone just tired and L-C being late made everyone's day so much longer?  Was it something else?  I know Fernanda and Jonathan have had a social media feud with them.  But everyone was being mean and making fun of them.  I actually felt bad for them.  At least initially.

The behavior of both of those couples was terrible and ridiculous.  But, although Larissa may have been the one yelling louder and being nastier, Fernanda was the one who set the stage for an atmosphere filled with animosity.

Back to the rest of the group, Asuelu and Leida both had such odd behavior during the fight!  I get that it was probably unpleasant and awkward to be there.  But, yeah @climbingwife, Asuelu hitting himself and yelling.  And Leida was bawling.  Such extreme reactions to a fight they weren't even part of.

---------------

I enjoyed watching Kalani's reactions throughout the whole episode.  She has really expressive eyes and they kept mirroring how I felt to what was going on, lol. 

I'm probably being mean and jaded, but I'm not so sure Leida's remorse over her behavior to Eric's daughters was real.  She has gotten a LOT of flack and bad press about that, over the season.  Even to the extreme of losing one of her podcast sponsors.

It was fun that everyone was excited to see both babies.  Though I don't think Steven was raked over the coals nearly as much as he should have been for how badly he treated Olga.

I liked when Jonathan opened up about his relationship with his mom.  It humanized him and it was touching when he and Asuelu bonded over that.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Steven is such a piece of garbage. 

I don't know if I'm right, but I think the rest of the cast dislike Colt & Larissa all because of stuff that's gone down on social media, and in their lives out in Vegas. The fighting, the posting on IG for help, the police, etc. I think a lot of them tried to help Larissa, and it seems like both C&L just shit on the rest of the cast for it. 
  • I'm watching the tell all now and the whole lost luggage/buying a dress thing seems completely made up to me - total MUD. anyone else think that? 
  • kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited January 2019
    And the Fernanda/Larissa thing seems like fueling it on purpose, like the fact that they sat down and Fernanda makes the comment about it being better before they got there. That comment might be true if it was an hour in but first thing out of the gate just seemed like drama on purpose. 

Edit: Asuelu freaking out is weird too. I can understand having reactions to other people fighting, especially maybe if he grew up in a home with fighting and he is sensitive to it, but it does seem a bit of a big reaction to a fight he's not actually involved in
  • kvruns said:
    I'm watching the tell all now and the whole lost luggage/buying a dress thing seems completely made up to me - total MUD. anyone else think that? 

The thought crossed my mind also but, I'm not sure.  She did seem genuinely upset.  But then, she does seem to be a highly dramatic person even under normal circumstances.

Or maybe, unbeknownst to her, TLC paid off the airlines to temporarily "lose" her bag in order to heighten the will they/won't they show up dramatic entrance.  (I'm joking about TLC paying off the airlines)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • short+sassyshort+sassy member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2019

Ah ha!  More faked stuff on TLC.

Jay and Ashley actually got married in PA, one week before they went to Las Vegas.  They also had a "wedding" in Jamaica, for his family, before they got married in PA.

So, three "weddings", with #2 (in PA) being the real one.  Ashley said they got married in PA because Vegas was going to be just a little too late for the 90-Day timeline.  But that Vegas was the "real" wedding, smh.  Sounds to me like neither Jay nor Ashley understand what a real marriage is.

And the claims that they were all alone in Las Vegas were also lies.  Her two friends and their SO's were also there.  One of her friends was Natalie.  The BFF she was supposedly on the outs with.

Here's a link to this article:

https://soapdirt.com/90-day-fiance-ashley-jay-many-weddings-two-fake-one-real/

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I haven't watched the second part of the tell all, but there is mad drama going down with Colt & Larissa. L was arrested last week for domestic violence, but she claims C assaulted her. She's now at the hospital saying C canceled her health insurance, but C posted a screenshot of his benefits showing she's still covered. 
  • I watched a tiny bit of the second part of the tell-all.  I don't understand why Colty always talks while tilting his head to the side and raising one eyebrow.  It drives me insane!

• The Tell-All Part II, seemed blah and unnecessary.  All the major stuff had been hashed out in Part I.

IRL Spoilers:

• As @climbingwife mentioned, L was recently arrested again for domestic violence.  I believe this is now her 3rd arrest on DV charges. Though I think the two previous cases were dropped (not totally sure about that). It is a shame things didn't work out, but they are obviously toxic together. 
    • Fernanda and Jonathan have split up.  They seemed so happy and in love!  But I can only judge from what I've seen on tv.  I've only seen Jonathan's version so, keep that in mind. He said they'd been arguing a lot. She left him because of that and she was unhappy in NC. She felt bored there. She went to Chicago to try and be a model. When that didn't work out, she wanted him to take her back.  But he was "done" with all the fighting and her high maintenance and he just couldn't deal with her anymore.
    • No official word, but it appears the Jay and Ashley relationship is already kaput also.  Really terrible medical news for her.  I didn't know this, but she has lupus. She was in the hospital twice from TG to Christmas.  She was admitted again over the weekend and is now in renal failure. She'll start dialysis this week.  Jay is reportedly nowhere to be found, despite all this serious medical stuff going on. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I was actually really surprised by Jonathan and Fernanda splitting up.
  • Omg about Ashley!  That is awful!!  I knew she was in the hospital but I didn't realize it had gotten so serious.  

• I was actually really surprised by Jonathan and Fernanda splitting up.

Me too!  They definitely have their faults but, overall, they turned out to be my favorite couple.  I liked them both as people and they seemed so solid.  Especially when compared to so many people in the 90DF series who seemed destined for disaster, yet are still together.

This was apparently a "bad" season to be on 90DF.  It's less than a year out and half the couples either have or probably will be filing for divorce.

On more positive IRL news, I meant to include (above) that Paola and Russ had a healthy baby boy on Jan. 1st.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I did see that about Russ and Pao. And Paul and Karine I think are due soon. 
  • Oh wow I hadn't read any of the updates. I'm also surprised about Jon and Fernanda. She did seem very explosive and he seemed like he diffused it to an extent so I wonder if he just got tired of her explosiveness.

I do think it is difficult for those who come from other countries if they can't work, don't have a friend network unless they're part of their new spouse's group right away and I bet it is lonely.
  • kvruns said:
    Oh wow I hadn't read any of the updates. I'm also surprised about Jon and Fernanda. She did seem very explosive and he seemed like he diffused it to an extent so I wonder if he just got tired of her explosiveness.

I do think it is difficult for those who come from other countries if they can't work, don't have a friend network unless they're part of their new spouse's group right away and I bet it is lonely.
    This!  You hear this complaint a lot from the foreigners and I can definitely understand it.  They are already coming into a situation where they'll probably have at least some feelings of isolation, separateness, and missing home/family/friends.  And then it's made worse because they can't work for many months and (I think) there is also a waiting period to even get a driver's license.  It has to be a strain on people and those relationships.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I don't think we have outright mentioned this but Colty filed for divorce following L's arrest.  Reports say his mom paid the filing fee.  

• What the heck on showing the couples “secret” clips of each other just to make them fight more. Really?
  • @kvruns yeah that made me very uncomfortable.