Snarky Brides

Re: Bridezilla stories, anyone?

• Those are some doozies I'd never seen before. Yikes. 

• And there goes whatever little faith in humanity I had left! Yikes!
  • No doubt, there are some people out there who are way outside the realm of normal and reasonable.

The florist (S) for my wedding was my stepbrother's g/f.  She dished out a few stories for me, lol.  The one I remember is it was about 90 minutes or so before the wedding.  "S" was in the church setting up the flowers.  The bride had arrived and was looking over things before she went to go get ready.

The bride starts screaming and freaking out because the Sharpie next to the guest book was a thick point Sharpie instead of a fine point Sharpie.

She then proceeded to break down into hard, ugly crying.  I'd like to think/hope that she wasn't really having a break down over the Sharpie Tragedy.  And it was actually just the stress and nerves of the day that got to her.  Like, "the Sharpie that broke the camel's back", lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Holy shit that miscarriage one. I would never speak to that person again. 

I think I've mentioned before, but FSIL was in a wedding with a bridezilla. Bride made them buy $120 shoes, a $300 dress, a year in advance. Shoes were so hideous the cashier asked FSIL, "are you really going to buy those? We haven't sold a pair yet." :D They were so ugly I couldn't even lie to FSIL that they'd look okay. lol. They looked like stripper shoes. 7 inch heels, clear platform, glitter silver straps. So, so bad.  Yelled at a bridesmaid who was having trouble zipping up the dress, that she shouldn't have "gotten fat when she knew the wedding was coming up." She made the bridesmaids get bland makeup so she "would look the prettiest." And then she lost it when FSIL added some eyeliner. She made FSIL drive her and her family to the venue and pick up the wedding dress from the cleaner. There was more stuff, but all around the bride was just terrible. I don't know how that wasn't a total relationship ender, but FSIL still texts her occasionally. It definitely put a damper on the friendship though. 

• Ouch, @levioosa. The description of those shoes is making my feet hurt. 

Your FSIL is a kinder person than I am.
  • @NowIAmSyp, don't apologize for the novel, that was a great post!  It's good to hear that kind of behavior is unusually crazy.

My favorite part was your brief interaction with the MOH.  I'm sure that person must have some doozy stories for the events leading up to the wedding.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That was a great post, @NowIAmSyp! I’m sorry you had to go through that, but it was a hell of a story!
  • No need to apologize, @NowIAmSyp. That was quite a story! 

It never ceases to amaze me what these bridezilla types will get upset over and how poorly they'll treat their supposed loved ones. I don't consider myself a particularly easygoing person, but I can't imagine ever getting that freaked out and demanding over any detail in my wedding.
  • The miscarriage story.....sigh.....those people exist.
    DD was a BM in the wedding of a friend who we knew was self absorbed and high maintenance.  We wondered what her FI saw in her.  Some of her demands/issues...
    *Even though BM dresses were long, she expected the BM to wear brown, peep toed shoes.
    *She expected everyone to have hair and make up professionally done because she did not want pale and poorly made up people in the pictures.
    *DD attended bride's bridal shower knowing at the time that she was probably miscarrying.  It broke my heart to sit beside her throughout this shit show of a shower.  This would be her 3rd miscarriage. DD said it would not be worth the screaming.  DD did miscarry.  Bride, prior to knowing this, was upset because DD was "not animated, happy, or helpful enough" at the shower.
    *The last straw was the week of the rehearsal.  The story is complicated.  My husband and I were also invited to this wedding.  We went to great lengths trying to figure out cars/carpooling for this wedding.  DD was TOLD that she would need to drive herself because bride was depending on her to do some driving of guests on behalf of the bride.  Say what, now?  DD finally snapped and said no.  Bride basically said that if DD did not comply, she could stay home.  DD said that sounded like a good plan.  Bride says, (I wish I were joking) "You know, maybe God was trying to send you a message that if you were a better person/friend, you would not have had all those miscarriages.  He clearly doesn't think you are ready to be a parent".

It took several of DD's REAL friends to take me off the ledge before I ripped that little missy a new one.  The bride then had the gall to text me and ask whether this changed our attendance at her wedding.  I wish I would have said we still planned on attending just to mess with her.  Sometimes the high road is a struggle to take.
  • Wow, @MobKaz! That’s horrible!
  • Oh @MobKaz that is awful. It sickens me that someone would be so cruel and heartless about something as painful as a miscarriage. Bridezilla would have deserved whatever new one you ripped her - and then some.
  • Wow @MobKaz. What a horrible human being. That was some crazy restraint on your part. I don’t think I could held back. 

• levioosa said:
    Wow @MobKaz. What a horrible human being. That was some crazy restraint on your part. I don’t think I could held back. 
    I did it only at the request of DD’s friends who reminded me that if she could walk away, I should too. Every time I think about that story I feel as raw as if it’s happening for the first time. 
    In other news, apparently I am back on the “gateway drug known as 502” on The Knot.  My automatic and remembered sign in no longer exists on my iPad or desktop. Wondering how long it will be before I lose it on my mobile as well  🤦🏻‍♀️
  • Wow @Mobkaz, I wouldn't have been able to restrain myself - don't mess with my kids - this mama bear will defend them to the end! That bride will get her comeuppance I am sure. It is a wonder that she has any friends. I just can't even imagine saying anything so cruel to someone.
  • How can people be so cruel and self centered. My first husbands mother expected us there for Thanksgiving no matter what. I was at the hospital after a miscarriage until 3 hours before we were due to her house. He called her and explained why we might not make it. She said to never talk to her again if we didn’t come. During dinner she was gushing over her daughters kids and made the comment to the table about me “and this one is too selfish to give my son children”. He said nothing to her even privately. You know why is is an ex.
  • debbeau said:
    How can people be so cruel and self centered. My first husbands mother expected us there for Thanksgiving no matter what. I was at the hospital after a miscarriage until 3 hours before we were due to her house. He called her and explained why we might not make it. She said to never talk to her again if we didn’t come. During dinner she was gushing over her daughters kids and made the comment to the table about me “and this one is too selfish to give my son children”. He said nothing to her even privately. You know why is is an ex.
    OMG.  I am so sorry.  
  • debbeau said:
    How can people be so cruel and self centered. My first husbands mother expected us there for Thanksgiving no matter what. I was at the hospital after a miscarriage until 3 hours before we were due to her house. He called her and explained why we might not make it. She said to never talk to her again if we didn’t come. During dinner she was gushing over her daughters kids and made the comment to the table about me “and this one is too selfish to give my son children”. He said nothing to her even privately. You know why is is an ex.
    Horrible. I can definitely see why he’s an ex.
  • That’s horrible @debbeau. I’m so sorry. 

• The only way I can even begin to “handle” it all is by assuming these people are so truly and wholly self absorbed they  cannot see how cruel/insensitive they, and their comments sound. 
  • Some of these stories are truly horrible. Wow. In shock. 

Back when I was planning my first wedding, I wanted to call it off about 3 weeks before. I knew it was a huge mistake. My parents were paying for the wedding, and I called and told my mom. And, I will never forget this, she said, "If you call off this wedding, your father will never speak to you again." She emotionally blackmailed me into marrying someone I knew wasn't right for me. Needless to say, that marriage only last one year. I was divorced and in financial ruin by 25.