Ohio-Columbus
Options

Easton Shoes

First off, a question. Has anyone ordered shoes from Easton Shoes before? It's a kind of hole-in-the-wall shop on Henderson Rd and I stumbled across it on Google maps (did a "search nearby" for shoes). I'm planning to order my wedding shoes from there but can't find any references to them on TK. They specialize more in specialty shoes for people who wear orthodics but had a HUGE selection of bridal shoes available to order.

Second off, a gush! I was so impressed by their service and their selection. I have really wide feet and because of the length of my dress (the normal length on it is exactly floor length on me) I can't do heels. I was beginning to think the shoes I wanted (no heel, strappy sandals) didn't exist in my size. Come to find out - they do! Yay! They measured me and checked sizing using their in-stock samples to figure out exactly what size and we sat down and went through all their books to find the perfect shoes. They come in silver metallic or as a dyeable.

Lastly, another question! This time an opinion. Should I order them as silver metallic (what I originally planned) or dyeable and have them dyed dark red to match the BM dresses? I have other red accents in my accessories, and I'm afraid the red shoes would just be too much. There's also the advantage that I would wear silver again but likely not red - I'm not at all a shoe person and bright red shoes sort of scare me. Ideas? Opinions? I'm leaning towards silver but my mom, MOH and brother all say red!
Photobucket
Anniversary
Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Easton Shoes

• Options
    I can't answer the questions about the store, but in regards to the shoes, I say, go with silver. I think you have a good point about wearing the shoes again and if it's not "you" to wear red shoes, then you absolutely shouldn't. I'm wearing a metallic light gold pump that I got because they're both comfortable and the kind of shoe that I'll wear again (and might just wear before the wedding, I really like them). I also think that it's fairly trendy to wear shoes that match your bridesmaids and if it's something that you're not interested in, you probably won't look back in 20 years and wish you had worn red shoes. 

However, if you do decided to do red shoes, it honestly won't matter that you're wearing other red accessories, because shoes are so far away that if the color isn't exactly the same, it won't be noticable. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I've never been to the store, but I have heard lots of brides recommend it, so I think it's decently reputable. :)
    If you're hesitant about the red, you'll probably be hesitant about it on your wedding day, and the last thing you need to be thinking about is how you wished you had the silver shoes. I say silver.
  • Options
    i haen't shopped there for awhile but I have in the part. It is a very goo reputable store an has been in business for quite a long time now
  • Options
    they sound awesome. i'll have to check them out.
  • Options
    I ordered shoes from Easton Shoes for my wedding (they were recommended to me by several brides on here years ago when I was planning and I've heard nothing but good things about them). My shoes and purse came in on time and they were perfect. Most comfortable pair of shoes I've ever owned! Their service is exceptional.

I didn't get them dyed, but other brides I spoke to who did had a great experience with them for dying shoes as well.

And I say go for the red. If your dress is long, then they're just going to poke out a little bit while you're walking and dancing so it's not like they'll be overwhelmingly red. But if you're super uncomfortable with it, then go for the silver - you have to be happy about it, no one else.
  • Options
    Question, do you ladies know about the dying process?

Can i take my own dyeable shoes into the store and ask them to dye them?
    Do they have certain colors that they will do?
    do you know how much they cost? 
  • Options
    I ordered them on Friday and decided to go with silver. The more I thought about it the more I just couldn't see myself in red shoes at my wedding, so I went with my gut instincts on that one and I'm confident in my choice.

Tiffany - when my shoes come in (should be this coming week), I will ask them for you. :)
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
    Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards