Michigan-Lansing
Options

Rosewood Inn, Lansing

Has anyone been to/hosted a wedding at the Rosewood Inn on Frances Rd in the Grand Ledge/Lansing area? We're having our private wedding ceremony on Mackinac Island and want to find somewhere in mid Mich to host the 250+ people reception. I know that the max capacity for the tent at the Inn is 275 so I'm thinking it's going to be perfect but I wanted a little feedback first. 

The place is absolutely beautiful, I'm just worried that it's too good to be true. Please help me out with any advice or comments.

Thanks so much

Re: Rosewood Inn, Lansing

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am having my wedding there next august! Its absolutely stunning. I have seen many pictures of weddings there, and they do a great job! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My wedding is there august 6th!  It is a great place and Val is amazing to work with
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    When does she start getting together with you about your wedding? I know she's busy now but I have a few questions for her. Do you know how many food options we can pick? and if we get a dj and the string quartet? And if they have a microphone for the ceremony? Haha I have so many questions that i didn't ask thanks! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just visited Rosewood earlier this week as a potential spot for our wedding next summer.  We loved it and are probably going to have our wedding and reception here.  The property is so beautiful and pictures I have seen look amazing.  Since we are just getting started, do any of you have suggestions or recomendations when it comes to getting married at Rosewood?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-lansing_rosewood-inn-lansing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:96Discussion:d03177d2-76db-4cd8-b928-757f7da30798Post:aa865521-41c4-4756-a6f0-a69285a523cd">Re: Rosewood Inn, Lansing</a>:
    [QUOTE]When does she start getting together with you about your wedding? I know she's busy now but I have a few questions for her. Do you know how many food options we can pick? and if we get a dj and the string quartet? And if they have a microphone for the ceremony? Haha I have so many questions that i didn't ask thanks! 
    Posted by erikagl11[/QUOTE]

Once you pick your date and put down the deposit (1/4 of the total).  She will arrange 3 other times with her to go over your stuff and pay the rest of the balance.  The last meeting is 2 weeks before the wedding.  By no means do you have to wait for these dates to talk to her, they are basically due dates for the payment.  She is also very easy to get a hold of and will answer any questions at anytime.

The food options that came with our wedding is a salad, bread, 2 meats, 2 veggies, 1 starch, and the wedding cake.  You can also have more if you would like for an extra cost (not ure the price).

With the price you get the string quartet for the ceremony and cocktail hour, then you can choose either the dj or a band for the reception.

Not sure about the microphone for the ceremony, but she probaly cuuld get one if needed.

Hope that helps out!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    THank you so much! My wedding is Aug25 of next year and we have already payed for a lot of it. Could you update me and let me know how everything went after your wedding? Im looking forward to hearing about  your perfect day = )
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just booked my wedding there for august 4th 2012.  Val has been amazing.  I have bugged her a lot recently due to family being out of town and helping us pay and making sure we don't lose our spot.  She is very polite and easy to talk to.  The price seemed steep at first to me but with 40 hours a week of work and 12 hours of school on top of it, I like the idea of not having to plan much or try and bargin shop.  Glad to have family that is able to support us and help with the costs.  For the ceremony and reception it is 16500 for 150 guests.  

A girlfriend I worked with recommended the place to me because one of her friends got married there.  She said the food was amazing and everything went perfect.  Have not heard a single bad review about this place.  Laughing
  • Options
    edited December 2011

The flowers are beautiful.  But I am concerned about outhouses for bathrooms.  Is it only me or does it turn out OK?   Also,  $50.00 a  plate for a buffet dinner,  seems pricey.  Was the food fantastic? 

• Options
    They are not your average outhouses.  They have running water, lights, and flushing toilets.  They do not smell!  There is also an additional ladies room in the Carriage House!   
  • Options
    Anyone of you who had your wedding here can you give me any reviews or advice, I can't find anything online and I am thinking about booking here!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-lansing_rosewood-inn-lansing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:96Discussion:d03177d2-76db-4cd8-b928-757f7da30798Post:02356620-348d-4ffe-a4b9-e81b72bb9c02">Re: Rosewood Inn, Lansing</a>:
    [QUOTE]Anyone of you who had your wedding here can you give me any reviews or advice, I can't find anything online and I am thinking about booking here!
    Posted by twiggkelsey[/QUOTE]

<div>I had my wedding at The Rosewood in August of 2009. It was the first real summer of weddings there and it was great. We did have two inches of rain the day of our wedding, which stopped about an hour before the ceremony. At that time, they didn't have a rain back up so we had a bit of a mud situation to deal with. They have since installed a large cement pad to help control with mud in the event of inclimate weather.</div><div>
    </div><div>The over all decor and flowers were very important to me. At that point, Val didn't have a portfolio and I was worried about how things would turn out. She did not disappoint. The flowers were all I could dream of and more.</div><div>
    </div><div>My husband and I don't really like cake, so they made a strawberry shortcake wedding cake for us, and it was extremely delicious.</div><div>
    </div><div>I am a super organized control freak, so not having all the fine details nailed down until a couple weeks before the wedding was kind of hard for me. I think they have since gotten more organized. They have had dozens of wedding since ours, so if ours turned out that well, I can only imagine how wonderful they are now.</div><div>
    </div><div>Our wedding was actually featured on theknot.com. If you search for Lansing, MI on theknot.com it shows up in the results as "An Outdoor Wedding in Lansing, MI."</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards